Hope the guy was wearin' a raincoat (car vs Deer) NWS

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Hope the guy was wearin' a raincoat (car vs Deer) NWS

Post by MKSheppard »

Holy Jesus on a Rocket Powered Rubber Crutch!

They make some dangerous deer in Oklahoma...

dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

So did the driver live.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Ew. Just ew.

*stumbles to the toilet*
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Was it a drunk driver? I see bottles in the back seat.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

His Divine Shadow wrote:Was it a drunk driver? I see bottles in the back seat.
They look like 1 litre bottles of caffeine free diet coke to me.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
His Divine Shadow

oh ok, I kinda thought they looked like wine bottles.
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

those bottles look to be plastic softdrink bottles, more than likely caffine free diet coke.
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
His Divine Shadow

Caffeine free huh, guess he was too tired to see that dear.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

You'd be surprised how fast a deer can bolt from the side of the road.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
His Divine Shadow

Not really, we have deer(and elk) here as well, I was just making a joke.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Lady Tevar is right, they move fast! There is a reason the highways here have "night danger" signs.
This obviously happened at night too so he could have been coming around a large turn or something and didn't see the deer until it was too late. I had a friend who died (he was sleeping in the passenger seat, his girlfriend was driving) when they hit a deer.
That man probably and most likely died from that accident. If he came out alive I'll be very surprised.

The deer was severed in half for christs sake! Organs all over the vehicle. As I said, I'd be very surprised if the man lived.
His Divine Shadow

I know she is right I meant I am not surpised that they are fast because I was joking.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Haven't we had this posted before? Or something very similar? Because I distinctly remember seeing splattered deer photos before... :?
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Johnny Freakinouter! :shock:

That must've made quite a splash in the papers.
JADAFETWA
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Behold, Western Imperialist Infidel Scum! Behold the Al-Queda MK I Suicide Deer! :lol:

Yes, folks, you know something's wrong with this country when even the wildlife gets martyrist on you! (Osama must've enticed him with a paradise of 72 does.) 8)
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

How fast was the car going to tear the deer in half? Or is that normal practice in a deer vs. car versus scenario?
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

How fast would one have to be driving for a deer to splash like that? Or maybe it was the point of impact that caused it...

Waait... Is that the heart and liver in the back of the luggage compartment :shock:

Oh and look at all the orbs! Obviously, the orbs are sad because the poor deer died :mrgreen:
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Holy shit, that's incredibly awesome. I feel bad for the deer, but... that's awesome.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

His Divine Shadow wrote:I know she is right I meant I am not surpised that they are fast because I was joking.
Sorry I was writing up the post to go right after Lady Tevars' post but you snuck in there ;) Just teasing ya :)
Actually it took a while to write that post 'cause I had my daughter asking me for help which is why it looked like I saw your post after Lady Tevars' and still posted what I did after yours, but in truth I never saw your post until after I posted my post. Sorry for the confusion there.

I know you understand. I was just posting my reaction to the photos in general, I was not trying to attack anyone. I guess I kinda got a bit emotional in that post because as I said..I had a friend who died when his car hit a deer, I hope you didn't take any offence to what I posted.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Surlethe wrote:How fast was the car going to tear the deer in half? Or is that normal practice in a deer vs. car versus scenario?
Probably normal highway speed *dunno what it is in the US but in Canada it's 100 kms/hr. I think it all depends on how the deer hits the car/SUV.
They typically hit the car/suv then roll up the hood of the car and then into the windshield, this one was probably severed because it hit the windshield so high up and basically got severed by the roof and broken glass.
There are a lot of guts on top of that steering wheel so I would say that one half of the deer was inside while the other half flew outside the vehicle.

*of course I'm not an expert and I'm not pretending to know exactly what happened in this particular accident but I've seen it before.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

wish my camera was working properly

Three years ago I coulda shown you what one did to my little car.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I decapitated one going just 50kph

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Mrs Kendall wrote:
Surlethe wrote:How fast was the car going to tear the deer in half? Or is that normal practice in a deer vs. car versus scenario?
Probably normal highway speed *dunno what it is in the US but in Canada it's 100 kms/hr. I think it all depends on how the deer hits the car/SUV.
It's between 65 and 80 mph in the US (I think that's 100-134 km/hr).
They typically hit the car/suv then roll up the hood of the car and then into the windshield, this one was probably severed because it hit the windshield so high up and basically got severed by the roof and broken glass.
There are a lot of guts on top of that steering wheel so I would say that one half of the deer was inside while the other half flew outside the vehicle.

*of course I'm not an expert and I'm not pretending to know exactly what happened in this particular accident but I've seen it before.
That makes sense. Thanks!
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Wild Karrde
Jedi Knight

Post by Wild Karrde »

Eww. Is that it's liver right behind the driver's seat? :?
GALE FORCE/BOTM member and all around forum lurker.Image
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Surlethe wrote:It's between 65 and 80 mph in the US (I think that's 100-134 km/hr).
Shit you guys drive fast! I mean legal speeds BTW ;)
That makes sense. Thanks!
Yeah I thought so too :P , No problem ;)