US vs Naboo

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Totenkopf
Deimos Sock Puppet

US vs Naboo

Post by Totenkopf »

Could the present-day forces of the United States of America invade and hold territory on a lesser SW planet such as Naboo or Tattoine?

Assume in the case of Naboo that a large wormhole leads from the Atlantic ocean at a location 100 miles of the US coast, to an ocean on Naboo.

In the case of Tattoine, it leads from a point in the middle of the Arizona desert, to a point a few miles away from a city like Mos Eisley or Mos Espa.

Timeframe for SW is about the time of TPM, for the US it's the 30th of December 2002 AD.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Erm ... I don't think Tatooine has any standing military forces. As for Naboo- a handful of fighters, a few speeders with blasters, and security guards ... *shrug*
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Acclamator
Deimos Sock Puppet

Post by Acclamator »

The Americans would totally dominate at first, but before long the miracle of ORBITAL BOMBARDMENT would fuck them.

After all civilians in SW can own vessels capable of orbital bombardment.
200 GT TLs.

6 MT Point defence guns.

1 KT Starfighter cannon (Near-Hiroshima-level damage!)

STAR WARS STRIKES BACK!!!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

The US would almost certainly be able to take and hold Naboo, which has only the smallest standing armies to protect it and a very small airforce. They would likely be incapable of capturing and holding Tatooine, which abounds with illicit weapons and incredibly harsh terrain, hampering the mechanical workings of American equipment while giving large advantages to groups used to combat in the desert.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Hammer
Deimos Sock Puppet

Post by Hammer »

It shall be.

Crazy_Vasey
Jedi Council Member

Post by Crazy_Vasey »

Naboo would fall inside a day, Tatooine would also fall but with the amount of overpowered smuggler ships on the planet they would probably be able to do some damage before the Yanks won.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Naboo has 600 million people, garrisoning would be a pain though not much would be needed. They have a few hundred security personal, some speeders and maybe fifty star fighters. If they did chose to fight, those fighters would really fuck over the US forces until their hanger was taken down. But against several million troops I doubt they try to fight.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Naboo has 600 million people, garrisoning would be a pain though not much would be needed. They have a few hundred security personal, some speeders and maybe fifty star fighters. If they did chose to fight, those fighters would really fuck over the US forces until their hanger was taken down. But against several million troops I doubt they try to fight.
Since when did the modern US Army have several million troops?

KG
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

Hammer, is that a C-130 Gunship? :P

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Naboo has a technology advantage, but the US has a larger army. Unless the Nubians can do an orbital bombardent, they're screwed.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

kheegan wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:Naboo has 600 million people, garrisoning would be a pain though not much would be needed. They have a few hundred security personal, some speeders and maybe fifty star fighters. If they did chose to fight, those fighters would really fuck over the US forces until their hanger was taken down. But against several million troops I doubt they try to fight.
Since when did the modern US Army have several million troops?

KG
US active Armed Forces number about 1.5 million, well over two with reserves. The navy is a requirement since the entrance points are in the middle of water bodies. We would be looking at a two million-man force.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

This is almost as lame as the US battleship Vs. AT-ATs thread.

They would get horribly raped.

The single fighter squadron you see in tpm would annihalte everything the USA has.

I saw the nice pictures of the C-130. You failed to include the jamming that would make it reliant on visual, and with no bloody communications. and the multi-KT shot travelling at C that is about to vaporise it. There is 0 repeat 0 chance of the USA landing troops on naboo fighter has weapons that would sink any us ship from orbit. ORBIT. how long would it be before the naboo simply erected a permanant particle sheild around the wormhole? Or if they loose their morals simply use a tailored virus (star wars has plenty) to kill everyone on the earth.

And then it gets even better.

The hutts have such a pile of weaponry. In a year the USA is run by the hutts. Tatooine has a spaceport packed with the "worst scum and villany" of the universe. They'd have great fun slaughtering the primatives. Every smuggler in Mos Eisley has the firepower to sink everything the US throw at them. Then the hutts would get around to taking over earth.

Honestly this is totally irrelevent. Has it occured to no-one that the reason the Naboo did not fight the droid invasion was due to the BDZ sword of democles? This stuff is offensive USA ego boosting. In both cases it would turn into a slaughter. The only hope is that the Naboo would be nice and say "Bugger off"
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

For naboo thats two million men eating crispy laser cannon death.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Manji
Deimos Sock Puppet

Post by Manji »

Necronlord, please stop masturbating.

The Naboo fighters weapons were pathetic, they did fuck all to the walls in the hanger, they blew droids up in the hangar and on the ship but with no collateral damage (no KT weaponry), the torpedoes had a pathetic explosion... there was nothing impressive about the Nubian fighters.

If they had been KT level shots everyone in the hangar would have been vaped, as would all the droids in the ship, if the torpedoes were nuke-range yield then the whole ship would have been destroyed instantly when they went off inside it, (and anakin would also have been dead) instead of some "There seems to be a problem with the main reactor" scene.

In fact no star wars fighter ever seen has had nuclear-range yields.

You're free to use Mr. Saxton's stuff if you want, but given the fact that it contradicts all instances of onscreen fighters firing there weapons, it's fairly obvious MASTURBATION.

"Single Naboo fighter could sink the entire US fleet", indeed. *Snort*
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Manji wrote:Necronlord, please stop masturbating.

The Naboo fighters weapons were pathetic, they did fuck all to the walls in the hanger, they blew droids up in the hangar and on the ship but with no collateral damage (no KT weaponry), the torpedoes had a pathetic explosion... there was nothing impressive about the Nubian fighters.
They are SW fighters. By SW standards they suck major ******** but by USA standards its like SW vs the culture.

If they had been KT level shots everyone in the hangar would have been vaped, as would all the droids in the ship, if the torpedoes were nuke-range yield then the whole ship would have been destroyed instantly when they went off inside it, (and anakin would also have been dead) instead of some "There seems to be a problem with the main reactor" scene.
Idiot. "wow, it doesn't work exactly like a nuke therefore it can't be KT range." Its a FUCKING REACTOR. it will be sheilded in one way or another.

In fact no star wars fighter ever seen has had nuclear-range yields.
Wowwwww......... Guess what It doesn't mean anything

You're free to use Mr. Saxton's stuff if you want, but given the fact that it contradicts all instances of onscreen fighters firing there weapons, it's fairly obvious MASTURBATION.

"Single Naboo fighter could sink the entire US fleet", indeed. *Snort*
Who's masturbating? the one who claims a piddly little back of nowhere pigmy tribe (by sw standards that is what the US is.) that doesn't even control one single planet. vs. almost any sw planet. Never mind the reaction of the rest of the galaxy. *SNORT*
lgot
Jedi Knight

Post by lgot »

I think the USA frieds have a ego big than any death star...
It is funny how everyone preach by Wong's site and drool when he beat the ST fans with the One Star Destroyer against the whole Federation and Wong basically only use to his advantage the superior technology of the Empire but when Facing USA and Naboo they forget that Naboo is the one with a superior, much superior technology...people should at least try to use the same scale of judgment...
Muffin is food. Food is good. I am a Muffin. I am good.
Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord of the Farce »

Manji wrote:The Naboo fighters weapons were pathetic, they did fuck all to the walls in the hanger, they blew droids up in the hangar and on the ship but with no collateral damage (no KT weaponry), the torpedoes had a pathetic explosion... there was nothing impressive about the Nubian fighters.
-snip

Okay: US troops goes to Afganistan, things were blown up but relatively little collateral damage/friendly-fire was done, therefore the US has no KT weaponry if necessary. Sounds reasonable?
"Intelligent Design" Not Accepted by Most Scientists
Sam Or I
Jedi Council Member

Post by Sam Or I »

With the exception of orbital bombardment (To my understanding, Naboo does not have that capability, ecept maybe with starfighters) I would say the US stands a decent chance, heres why:

1. Experience-The US has combat vertrans who have seen the front line of war. Our world is at war almost all the time.

2. The US would take the offense- During Post WWII most of the US wars the US has taken the offense, unlike Nabboo which waited around to be blockaded, and invaded. The offense will always have an edge on the defense, because the offense picks when an where the battles will take place. (During the gulf war, if Saddam decided to hit the Coalition before they struck, he may not have one but the coalitions causalty rate would have been alot higher)

3. Low down and sneeky tricks- The US has special operation units, and are not afraid to use them, they could be used to destroy communications, and flightlines. I do not care if you have a blaster, if a bullet hits you before you fire it, it does you no good.

4. Mass Numbers- Do you think Nabboos fighters could have intercepted all the US attack planes before they hit something important, and take out a few major cities? Plus the standard onslaught of missiles?

5. How long could Nabboo hold there Tech advantage? I mean relistically, set an ambush and star collecting weapons of the dead.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

would the u.s. use nukes? holding cities hostages might change the game somewhat.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

1. Experience-The US has combat vertrans who have seen the front line of war. Our world is at war almost all the time.
Minor nitpick. We dont have a large group of serving veterans with significant combat experience. ( Im talking Korea, Vietnam, WW2 levels of experience)

2. The US would take the offense- During Post WWII most of the US wars the US has taken the offense, unlike Nabboo which waited around to be blockaded, and invaded. The offense will always have an edge on the defense, because the offense picks when an where the battles will take place. (During the gulf war, if Saddam decided to hit the Coalition before they struck, he may not have one but the coalitions causalty rate would have been alot higher)
I think who has the edge depends on the situtatoin at the time. We had the edge in the Gulf War cause Sadaam didnt know how to use his forces.
The Naboo probably would not either.
3. Low down and sneeky tricks- The US has special operation units, and are not afraid to use them, they could be used to destroy communications, and flightlines. I do not care if you have a blaster, if a bullet hits you before you fire it, it does you no good.
Agreed. When pushed against the wall, American troops can be quite resourceful.
4. Mass Numbers- Do you think Nabboos fighters could have intercepted all the US attack planes before they hit something important, and take out a few major cities? Plus the standard onslaught of missiles?
The Nabboo's fighters would savage our aircraft, but enough might make it through to damage their support facilities. I would imagine the gulf in capabilites of a starfighter is wider than between a F-15 and a Sopwith.
5. How long could Nabboo hold there Tech advantage? I mean relistically, set an ambush and star collecting weapons of the dead.
Padawan Learner

This is a joke right?

Post by DodoBrd16 »

This is a joke right?

Naboo....with no standing army... almost NO combat experiance.... the guys that actually allowed for a hostile fleet to take up orbital posistions of their planet........

And its not like the trade confederation is the most, frightening enemy to ever be created......they have the tactical brains of spoo. Lets face, these guys had their troops form up into colums and walk, right into enemy fire. Why the hell dont you just use one of your orbiting ships and VAPORIZE the freakin Jamacain(sp) wanna be aliens from orbit, instead of wasting your troops.

And this is also the enemy, that left in tact and lightly guarded, the few damn things that the Nabooins had, that could actually harm those star ships in orbit. They just left their fighters there, they didnt disarm them, they didnt drain their fuel tanks, they didnt seal the cockpits.....they didnt seal the fucking hangar doors, they posistion freakin armor to shoot at Fast agile fighters that would be exiting the hangar. Its amazing they shot down A fighter, but I attribute that to the fact that the Nabooians are just piss poor pilots. Freakin little kid shows them up and its his first time flying one of the damn things!

And the Nabooians got their ass's handed to them by these dim wits. America, let alone any half ass'd military force here on Earth wouldnt have a problem with the trade federation, I'm talking back water, piss poor african militarys here people.......let alone the Nabooians.

But lets do this step by step....

Now assuming the Nabooians dont know about the worm hole, we just stumble across it our selves. The navy would enter into the area and probably scout around. Keeping a low profile, once it was determined that there was civilization here Marine Recon would probably be deployed in a couple of units. These units would create detailed maps of the region and begin scouting for enemy bases......after a bit they would realize that the Nabooians have no bases and would then start looking for things like police departments, power generators, air ports or star ports, communications relays...etc etc.

Later, as they got more familiar with the cities due to their long range observations, they would probably sneak during the night, steal civilian clothing and come back during the day and check out areas and buildings that they have tagged as being of interest.

Now during this time, for some wierd reason, the United States of America has decided to invade the first sign that we are not alone in the univers for no good reason....maybe its disgust, anyways.......during this time, the military has been prepping. We've been building up the necessary supplies, putting all of our units on extensive training, specificaly certain areas, our army rangers would be busting their butts off against OPFOR at our urban combat training center.

Our F-18 and various other pilots, along with some of our crack artillery units, would all be training in the simulators using the very detailed maps of the area surrounding...oh lets say the capital of Naboo, that were drawn up by the Marine Recon units. To familiarize themselves with the surrounding terrain.

Now the launch of the offensive will take place, once Marine Recon finds the vital points of the Capital city....the government buildings, the power generators, bridges, major communications relays.......etc. etc. etc. As well as any other points of interest spread out on the planet. Not that they will find everything, its not possible, but once the president and the joint chiefs are happy that they have enough intel on locations and security force numbers.

The assault will most likely happen like this, the navy will come through with a massive fleet consisting of primariy a crap load of heavy drop ships, MEU's and a couple super carriers.(( Radio restraint would be practiced, only low powered communications and it would be held to a minimum))

Artillery units are off loaded along with the standard invasion package of infantry, anti air, heavy armor, LAVs...etc. etc.

Army ranger units race onto shore as soon as they get planet side, heading, on foot(( wouldnt want any black hawks getting picked up by pesky detection systems)) to Marine Recons locations. There they wait...... and wait...... and wait.......till a pre detirmened time......by this time...artillery should be set up and fighters with Laser guided bombs should already be on there way.

At this moment, Marine recon strikes at the detection systems used by the city to track air craft(( this would be essential and the strike most likely wouldnt take place with out its location)) as well as communication systems, with the Army rangers along side for the ride(( its okay, their job will be comming up soon)) . Now there is still a Marine Recon unit watching the hangars and their cue to break radio silence is when they hear the whistling of artillery and, hopefully, explosions. Now they sould break radio silence to confirm the kill or to help adjust the artillerys fire. This would be against the hangar bay since it holds the Naboo fighters and they represent the largest threat to the US invasion force. The hangar is gone no matter what, the question is, do the fighters get to play.

Now the reason why the first fire is artillery, is because it is faster then fighter and harder to detect and its accurate. Hopefully, the hangar has been destroyed in these first few seconds but if repeated fire is necessary, okay. If the operation has been done well, then the Nabooians dont even know what the hell hit them, would probably take them minutes to get to their fighters and get them into the air.

A few minutes after our artillery batteries start striking at targets in the city and surrounding it, the fighters come in, launched from the carriers they are equipped with laser guided weaponry, for use on hardened targets, such as the reactor. Marine Recon paints targets using their laser designators and the fighters blow them up with the highly accurate bombs.

By now, if everything has gone along the proper lines, hell even if only half ass'd near what it should be, the population of Naboo should be in panic and the security forces should be confused at worst, in chaos at best. This is when the Army Ranger units strike and they strike hard. They are to make certain that the security forces do NOT get their heads on straight. They raise general hell all over the capitol.

During this attack, the US Divisions begin advancing on the city. Hopefully, with any luck, the Rangers are able to keep the security forces attention firmly on the city so that they have no clue what is advancing on them. By the time they get their heads on straight........the capitol city is completely surrounded by heavy armor and infantry. They would have no choice but to surrender.

As for mos eisely, I live in yuma arizona......basically a desert battle field training facility......its all it is. I live near one of the largest, best equipped air bases in the world.... the primary fighter here is the AV-8B Harrier jump jet. She is a bitch and half when she is bearing down on you.

I actually have to say that this battle would be easier and shorter then the one at Naboo...not because the scum on the planet cant fight, because they most likely can. The question.....why would they? Smugglers dont care about anything, but themselves, moment it looks like the shit has hit the fan.....they're gone. Cake walk for the US armored divisions to take care of the few nerf hearders and moisture farmers.

The Hutts might be a problem, but I assure you all, our special forces as well as Black operations units are far more devious then the hutts could ever hope to be. See they would have no problem just putting a bullet into the head of a prisoner...instead of putting on spectacle that could result in the escape of the prisoner. Yet Jabba...one of the most feared and intelligent Hutts of em all....just couldnt get past the curse that has killed off dozens of horrible bad guys that have plagued James bond movies for decades. That and the fact that he got wacked by a babe in bikini.....ya'll think the CIA is above using a big titted blond skimply dressed to kill a Hutt.....ya all are wrong.
DodoBrd16
Padawan Learner

Post by DodoBrd16 »

"I think the USA frieds have a ego big than any death star...
It is funny how everyone preach by Wong's site and drool when he beat the ST fans with the One Star Destroyer against the whole Federation and Wong basically only use to his advantage the superior technology of the Empire but when Facing USA and Naboo they forget that Naboo is the one with a superior, much superior technology...people should at least try to use the same scale of judgment..."

Technological edge, is just the gravy of any armed forces. You can have the fastest, badest son of a bitch out there, but if your pilots dont know how to use it effectively, then its useless.

Training and combat experiance. Those are the two most important thing for ANY armed force.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: This is a joke right?

Post by NecronLord »

DodoBrd16 wrote:This is a joke right?

Naboo....with no standing army... almost NO combat experiance.... the guys that actually allowed for a hostile fleet to take up orbital posistions of their planet........
And the americans would do what? othere than bend over and ask for political campain contributions?

And its not like the trade confederation is the most, frightening enemy to ever be created......they have the tactical brains of spoo. Lets face, these guys had their troops form up into colums and walk, right into enemy fire. Why the hell dont you just use one of your orbiting ships and VAPORIZE the freakin Jamacain(sp) wanna be aliens from orbit, instead of wasting your troops.
Because the battle was only a few miles outside the city, a TL would also destroy the city on full power

And this is also the enemy, that left in tact and lightly guarded, the few damn things that the Nabooins had, that could actually harm those star ships in orbit. They just left their fighters there, they didnt disarm them, they didnt drain their fuel tanks,
If that's even possible

they didnt seal the cockpits.....they didnt seal the fucking hangar doors, they posistion freakin armor to shoot at Fast agile fighters that would be exiting the hangar.
And they didn't just have that tank hangin around the palace? guess again.

Its amazing they shot down A fighter, but I attribute that to the fact that the Nabooians are just piss poor pilots. Freakin little kid shows them up and its his first time flying one of the damn things!
Little Massiah kid who is "The best pilot in the galaxy" and can "see things before they happen"

And the Nabooians got their ass's handed to them by these dim wits. America, let alone any half ass'd military force here on Earth wouldnt have a problem with the trade federation, I'm talking back water, piss poor african militarys here people.......let alone the Nabooians.
Idiot. The trade federation would have you beggin for them to stop in under an hour

But lets do this step by step....

Now assuming the Nabooians dont know about the worm hole, we just stumble across it our selves.
Yeah obiously the USA have the better sensor equipment :roll:

The navy would enter into the area and probably scout around.
Whereupon the naboo ask them who the hell they are. They say "were the USofA yeehaaa and quickly eat KT crispy death

Keeping a low profile, once it was determined that there was civilization here Marine Recon would probably be deployed in a couple of units. These units would create detailed maps of the region and begin scouting for enemy bases......
And they get there how. Sensors. What are they going to do get across Naboo's oceans in a fucking Canoe?

after a bit they would realize that the Nabooians have no bases and would then start looking for things like police departments, power generators, air ports or star ports, communications relays...etc etc.
None of which they could even understand.

Later, as they got more familiar with the cities due to their long range observations, they would probably sneak during the night, steal civilian clothing and come back during the day and check out areas and buildings that they have tagged as being of interest.

Now during this time, for some wierd reason, the United States of America has decided to invade the first sign that we are not alone in the univers for no good reason....maybe its disgust, anyways.......during this time, the military has been prepping. We've been building up the necessary supplies, putting all of our units on extensive training, specificaly certain areas, our army rangers would be busting their butts off against OPFOR at our urban combat training center.

Our F-18 and various other pilots, along with some of our crack artillery units, would all be training in the simulators using the very detailed maps of the area surrounding...oh lets say the capital of Naboo, that were drawn up by the Marine Recon units. To familiarize themselves with the surrounding terrain.
And you know the naboo don't have a sheild because?

Now the launch of the offensive will take place, once Marine Recon finds the vital points of the Capital city....the government buildings, the power generators,
which they couldn't understand.

bridges
Repulsor vehicles.

major communications relays.......etc. etc. etc.
none of which they could understand. Not to mention a civillian comm-link can reach out system easily. :roll:

As well as any other points of interest spread out on the planet. Not that they will find everything, its not possible, but once the president and the joint chiefs are happy that they have enough intel on locations and security force numbers.
The assault will most likely happen like this, the navy will come through with a massive fleet consisting of primariy a crap load of heavy drop ships, MEU's and a couple super carriers.(( Radio restraint would be practiced, only low powered communications and it would be held to a minimum))
Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang

That is the sound of a single laser cannon shot each obliterating all of the above.

Need I add that "radio restraint" would do fuck all?

Artillery units are off loaded along with the standard invasion package of infantry, anti air, heavy armor, LAVs...etc. etc.
Oops. they were all sunk before

Army ranger units race onto shore as soon as they get planet side, heading, on foot(( wouldnt want any black hawks getting picked up by pesky detection systems)) to Marine Recons locations. There they wait...... and wait...... and wait.......till a pre detirmened time......by this time...artillery should be set up and fighters with Laser guided bombs should already be on there way.
They too are all dead

At this moment, Marine recon strikes at the detection systems used by the city to track air craft(( this would be essential and the strike most likely wouldnt take place with out its location)) as well as communication systems, with the Army rangers along side for the ride(( its okay, their job will be comming up soon)) . Now there is still a Marine Recon unit watching the hangars and their cue to break radio silence is when they hear the whistling of artillery and, hopefully, explosions. Now they sould break radio silence to confirm the kill or to help adjust the artillerys fire. This would be against the hangar bay since it holds the Naboo fighters and they represent the largest threat to the US invasion force. The hangar is gone no matter what, the question is, do the fighters get to play.
No, it's not the only one... its the one they had access to in the film

Now the reason why the first fire is artillery, is because it is faster then fighter and harder to detect and its accurate. Hopefully, the hangar has been destroyed in these first few seconds but if repeated fire is necessary, okay. If the operation has been done well, then the Nabooians dont even know what the hell hit them, would probably take them minutes to get to their fighters and get them into the air.

A few minutes after our artillery batteries start striking at targets in the city and surrounding it, the fighters come in, launched from the carriers they are equipped with laser guided weaponry, for use on hardened targets, such as the reactor. Marine Recon paints targets using their laser designators and the fighters blow them up with the highly accurate bombs.

By now, if everything has gone along the proper lines, hell even if only half ass'd near what it should be, the population of Naboo should be in panic and the security forces should be confused at worst, in chaos at best. This is when the Army Ranger units strike and they strike hard. They are to make certain that the security forces do NOT get their heads on straight. They raise general hell all over the capitol.

During this attack, the US Divisions begin advancing on the city. Hopefully, with any luck, the Rangers are able to keep the security forces attention firmly on the city so that they have no clue what is advancing on them.
You really are as thick as clotted cream, that has been left out so long that you couldn't de-clot it with an electric de-clotter aren't you.

By the time they get their heads on straight........the capitol city is completely surrounded by heavy armor and infantry. They would have no choice but to surrender.
Idiot

As for mos eisely, I live in yuma arizona......basically a desert battle field training facility......its all it is. I live near one of the largest, best equipped air bases in the world.... the primary fighter here is the AV-8B Harrier jump jet. She is a bitch and half when she is bearing down on you.

I actually have to say that this battle would be easier and shorter then the one at Naboo...not because the scum on the planet cant fight, because they most likely can. The question.....why would they?
The hutts are assumed to be in charge, and they would pay them.

Smugglers dont care about anything, but themselves, moment it looks like the shit has hit the fan.....they're gone.
But it hasn't hit the fan, it's hit the jont cheif's pants

Cake walk for the US armored divisions to take care of the few nerf hearders and moisture farmers.

The Hutts might be a problem, but I assure you all, our special forces as well as Black operations units are far more devious then the hutts could ever hope to be.
Twit

See they would have no problem just putting a bullet into the head of a prisoner...instead of putting on spectacle that could result in the escape of the prisoner. Yet Jabba...one of the most feared and intelligent Hutts of em all....just couldnt get past the curse that has killed off dozens of horrible bad guys that have plagued James bond movies for decades.
The main characters character sheilds? Agreed

That and the fact that he got wacked by a babe in bikini.....ya'll think the CIA is above using a big titted blond skimply dressed to kill a Hutt.....ya all are wrong.
Fool
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

DodoBrd16 wrote:"I think the USA frieds have a ego big than any death star...
It is funny how everyone preach by Wong's site and drool when he beat the ST fans with the One Star Destroyer against the whole Federation and Wong basically only use to his advantage the superior technology of the Empire but when Facing USA and Naboo they forget that Naboo is the one with a superior, much superior technology...people should at least try to use the same scale of judgment..."

Technological edge, is just the gravy of any armed forces. You can have the fastest, badest son of a bitch out there, but if your pilots dont know how to use it effectively, then its useless.

Training and combat experiance. Those are the two most important thing for ANY armed force.
In that case the spartans would massacre the USA :roll:
lgot
Jedi Knight

Post by lgot »

Just, the Naboos seems to know how to operate their ships.
Hence they are much more fast than any aircraft earth today have, after all those ships can go in seconds to space , etc, Naboo would be able to defend and hold the Wormhole. No american ship, missile would pass it. So why to bother with ground forces (Which Naboo have as well the technology, armor, forcefield, medicine advantage) if the ships of Naboo would just have to not allow that plus I wonder which missiles in earth can hunt down any ship that can travel in the space. The nukes would reach Naboo ?How ?
And this is really pathetic...
American would start to pick Naboo's weapons and use ?
So, now the argument that Federation would pick the Impire stuff and use with time is valid ? Ridiculous.
So the Naboo allowed the Federation to surround them in the space ? So what, the Americans allowed a terrorist with plastic spoons to kill hundreds of people in one attack. That means USA is vulnerable now ?
The Americans can not even do that. It is very irrelevant.
Of course Naboo will won. They have a clear advantage in the technology. A huge one. It is almost good as you saying that a troop of people today with wepon, armory, rifles would lose to Robin Hood just because Robin Hood new to use his bow very well and I use my technology not as good.
Muffin is food. Food is good. I am a Muffin. I am good.