English -> Moron Dictionary

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Psycho Smiley
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Psycho Smiley »

f d radiance of 1000 Suns wer 2 burst @ 1ce in2 d sky
dat wud bcum d splendor of d Mighty 1...
I M bcum def, d shatterer of wrlds.

wot iz best n Lyf?
2 crush yor enemies.
2 c dem driven b4 U.
& 2 hEr d lamentations of thR women.

That looks terrible. :x
An Erisian Hymn:
Onward Christian Soldiers, / Onward Buddhist Priests.
Onward, Fruits of Islam, / Fight 'till you're deceased.
Fight your little battles, / Join in thickest fray;
For the Greater Glory / of Dis-cord-i-a!
Yah, yah, yah, / Yah-yah-yah-yah plfffffffft!
LeftWingExtremist
Padawan Learner

Post by LeftWingExtremist »

“the everlasting heyd note fixed highs canon ‘gainst self slaughter!” hamlet, first soliloquy, lines 131 – 132
there is more characters in this than in the original

"...And everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon." - eclipse, Pink Floyd.
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

I lIk big butts & I Cnot lie U othR bros cnt deny dat wen a grl wlkz n w an itty bitty waist & a round tng n yor fAc U git sprung.
Quadlok
Rabid Monkey

Post by Quadlok »

Oddly, the full phrases for OMGWTFBBQ or ROTFLMAO appear as:

Oh my God wot d feck Barbeque

roLN on d flOr :-d My (_!_) Off

Instead of their short forms.

A lng tym ago, n a galaxy fR, fR, awA...

I find this bastard languages use of capital letters most interesting, but there are places that vowels really are neccessary.
Watch out, here comes a Spiderpig!

HAB, BOTM
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry out like a raisin in the sun?
Does it fester like a sore, and then run?

Does it stink like rotten meat?
Does it crust over, like a syrupy sweet?

Does it just sag, like a heavy load?

Or does it explode?

becomes...

wot hpns 2 a dream deferred?

duz it dry out lIk a raisin n d sun?
duz it fester lIk a sore, & thN run?

duz it stnk lIk rotten meat?
duz it crust Ovr, lIk a syrupy swEt?

duz it jst sag, lIk a hevE load?

o duz it explode?

The thing that I don't get is why even bother? I mean, if you were saving a bunch of characters, that would be one thing, but the original poem is 251 and the second is 224. That doesn't seem to constitute enough of a savings to justify this butchery. Though I do like using capitals to indicate long vowels.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord of the Farce »

Judges 1:19 & d LORD wz w Judah; & he drave out d inhabitants of d mowTN; bt c%d not driV out d inhabitants of d valE, cuz dey had CHARIOTS OF IRON. :lol:

Seriously, SMS talk is so ridiculous. I mean, so you might save a few seconds and a dozen characters here and there. So what?
"Intelligent Design" Not Accepted by Most Scientists
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Lord of the Farce wrote:Judges 1:19 & d LORD wz w Judah; & he drave out d inhabitants of d mowTN; bt c%d not driV out d inhabitants of d valE, cuz dey had CHARIOTS OF IRON. :lol:

Seriously, SMS talk is so ridiculous. I mean, so you might save a few seconds and a dozen characters here and there. So what?
I know. I can type easily in fully formed Engilsh with minimal amounts of stupid grammar mistakes at 100 Wpm. I have a feeling SMS talk is just a meme because it's actually easier in many cases to actually type the words out yourself. Even on a mobile phone.
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

I get the feeling, though, that SMS talk gets easier the more you do it. At first, some people probably use it just because they think their friends will find actual sentences tacky. It's a subconscious thing - when your friend sends you the text message "hi ware r u?" it can feel a little pretentious to respond "I'm in my room. Would you like to visit me?" So they just say "in my room wanna come?" instead. And it all devolves from there until it's habitual.

Personally I think SMS is tacky and pretentiousness be damned.
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

kheegan wrote:To quote Sir Winston Churchill...

We shaL go on 2 d nd, we shaL fite n France, we shaL fite on d seas & oceans, we shaL fite w grON confidNc & grON strength n d air, we shaL defend our islnd, wutevA d cost mA b, we shaL fite on d beaches, we shaL fite on d landing grounds, we shaL fite n d feLdz & n d st.z, we shaL fite n d hiLz; we shaL nevr surrender.

I think that was the sound of the English language finally raising a white flag...
It does that, even to Chrurchill? The master of the language in the last century? A man who won the Nobel prize for litrature?
I weep.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Discombobulated wrote:
Personally I think SMS is tacky and pretentiousness be damned.
I, for one, do not use SMS when I txt.

:P

No, I dont, really.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Dennis Toy
BANNED

Post by Dennis Toy »

Technical Speaks using SMS

English

" This transmission using a satellite uplink uses a 4GHZ multi-plexing asynchronous carrier wave that operates at a frequency of 300MHZ and uses a high-band pulse that carries the pulse at 23,435,343 Watts"

Moron Speak

" DIS transmission UzN a satellite uplink uzz a 4GHZ multi-plexing asynchronous carrier wAv dat opr8z @ a frequency of 300MHZ & uzz a high-band pulse dat carries d pulse @ 23,435,343 Watts"

English

The Heisenberg Principle states that once a molecule in the universe has been measured, there is no way that the molecule can be measured because the molecule has shifted position in the universe.

Moron

d Heisenberg Principle st8z dat 1ce a molecuL n d universe hz Bin measured, ther iz n way dat d molecuL cn b measured cuz d molecuL hz shifted positN n d universze.

<Get that past someone at Harvard>
You wanna set an example Garak....Use him, Let him Die!!
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

You guys need some culture:
There once was a man from Nantucket.
Whose dick was so long he could suck it.
He said with a grin, as he wiped off his chin;
If my ear were a cunt I could fuck it!
Becomes:
ther 1ce wz a mang frm Nantucket.
whuz ==8 wz so lng he c%d suk it.
He sed w a <g>, az he wiped off Hs chin;
f my ear wer a cunt I c%d feck it!
Meh...
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

How do the letters "oul" translate to %? I almost see it, but not quite.
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

Oh, fuck.

Original: No reason to be found why reason did fail.

Dumbfuck-ese: n rEsN 2 b found Y rEsN did fail

Just.... HOW?

Dumbfuck reads Illiad: ther R n pacts Btwen lions & men & wolves & lambs hav n concord.

Is Homer gonna have to choke a bitch?
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Faith? Isn't that another term for ignorance?" - Gregory House

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

"This is usually the part where people start screaming." - Gabriel Sylar
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Discombobulated wrote:How do the letters "oul" translate to %? I almost see it, but not quite.
As far as I can tell, "could," rhyming with "wood," gets the same treatment as any other word with two O's.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
drachefly
Jedi Master

Post by drachefly »

Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Posted before, in N&P.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
sketerpot
Jedi Council Member

Post by sketerpot »

drachefly wrote:It gets worse.

much worse.

+http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/1 ... index.html
The very first post in this thread mentioned the SMS Bible, and you don't need to break links to CNN. Instead, dress them!