Hope the guy was wearin' a raincoat (car vs Deer) NWS

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Ha ha, wow...

That's just...Jesus...
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

Holy effin' crap. A normal sort of impact did that?!

I mean, for the amount of blood in there, you'd think that the truck had had a giant blender or something on the front that had liquified part of the thing as it hit...
This has been another blunder by you friendly local idiot.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

When I was getting deadheaded to a coal train the SUV I was in struck a deer while we were going 70+mph. Driver kept control an brought us to a stop. The deer guard protected the vehicle and threw the deer to the side, but the guard smashed back into the hood breaking one headlight and damaging the other. And we were driving at night on the Interstate.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Vhy am I drrippings vith goo?
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Looks like someone shot Marvin.

Discuss!
By His Word...
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Added the NWS warning.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Jesus, it looks like all of the dear's innards got splashed around the car. There are pools of blood in the trunk, for god's sake!

How the hell did it get cleaved in half, though? Unless the deer's remains were moved from their original positions, which seems unlikely, I'm at a loss for how to explain what the hell happened.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Joe wrote:Jesus, it looks like all of the dear's innards got splashed around the car. There are pools of blood in the trunk, for god's sake!

How the hell did it get cleaved in half, though? Unless the deer's remains were moved from their original positions, which seems unlikely, I'm at a loss for how to explain what the hell happened.
wind shield

inital impact of the bumper pushes the deer up over the hood, deer shatters the windshield and the metal frame of the car where the wind shield attaches does the rest. The windshield glass won't cut the deer like that, it's all safety glass.

The doe I hit at 30mph ripped off my front bumper, and lost her head curtesy of my hood which poped up when she hit my front bumper, her body proceeded to impact my car at 15mph deer+30mph car, shattering my front windshield and ripping off my side mirror.

Litterially the Doe CHARGED my car head on.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

inital impact of the bumper pushes the deer up over the hood, deer shatters the windshield and the metal frame of the car where the wind shield attaches does the rest. The windshield glass won't cut the deer like that, it's all safety glass.
That's what I was thinking, and that's what it appears happened if you look at the top where the windshield used to be...there's a chunk of flesh. Still, I'm surprised, I didn't realize the metal frame was sharp enough to do that.

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Also, what the hell is that blue organ in the trunk just behind the blue object?

The Yosemite Bear

blue organs usuall involve blood so I'm guessing lungs or liver

also the top of the car is very sharp once the rubber that holds the safety glass in place is stripped off.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

What a horrible crash. I hope the driver and the passengers survived and are doing ok.

The broken speedometer shows a speed of 40 mph (I think the top number is 60 and 80 is to the right of that), which might give a lower indication of the impact speed:

The deer is cleaved right at the thorax / abdomen, perhaps below the diaphragm. If so, this would mean that heart and lungs are still in the deer. Probably the abdominal portion of the deer was stuck in the window as the driver tried to maintain control; the blood within the car is probably the abdominal/descending aorta and inferior vena cava emptying. As the car slows down/stops abruptly, that half of the deer is then thrown off. The car and the upper half are closest to the road. The lower half seems to be farther away from the road.

The tissue on the steering wheel looks like muscle and fascia. The dark organ in the trunk on the right is probably lacerated liver that is dark from blood draining from the hepatic vein. I am not sure what is behind the driver's seat or in the left side of the trunk. I don't think it is heart as there is little to no fat nor evidence of a pericardial sac or any of the great vessels. I doubt its a lung as there appears to be no trachea. Probably what is left in the car is abdominal viscera and organs and not thoracic.

Disgusting...
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Mrs Kendall wrote:
Surlethe wrote:How fast was the car going to tear the deer in half? Or is that normal practice in a deer vs. car versus scenario?
Probably normal highway speed *dunno what it is in the US but in Canada it's 100 kms/hr. I think it all depends on how the deer hits the car/SUV.
They typically hit the car/suv then roll up the hood of the car and then into the windshield, this one was probably severed because it hit the windshield so high up and basically got severed by the roof and broken glass.
There are a lot of guts on top of that steering wheel so I would say that one half of the deer was inside while the other half flew outside the vehicle.

*of course I'm not an expert and I'm not pretending to know exactly what happened in this particular accident but I've seen it before.
*Looks above*

Umm yeah it looks like everyone just ignored my post and explanation of how the deer was severed in half. Seems they said the same thing as I :roll:

(Of course you all know I'm just teasing right :P ) But I mean come on, let this be a lesson to you people that you should read the entire thread before asking the obvious questions :P
The Yosemite Bear

well we all want to be Quincy or Gil Grissim

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

yeah I guess so :P
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

I wonder how much of the blood is the driver's.
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Tranan
Jedi Knight

Post by Tranan »

It must hawe benn fast. cos this is the frist time I see a colpet spilt of the boddy. I am gessing 130km/h to 150km/h
The Yosemite Bear

Tranan wrote:It must hawe benn fast. cos this is the frist time I see a colpet spilt of the boddy. I am gessing 130km/h to 150km/h
speedometer would dis agree with you

it was only showing a speed of about half that when the deer was struck