Noble Ire's Complete MtG Sets (Very Pic Heavy)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Noble Ire's Complete MtG Sets (Very Pic Heavy)

Post by Noble Ire »

Following my work in the SDN MtG set thread, I thought I might try my hand in different areas. My Halo set is now largely complete, although I am planning on adding a few "Promo" Red vs. Blue cards. Other sets on the spoke: Lord of the Rings, Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha, Star Wars, Star Trek. Please, post any questions or comments you might have. I'm fairly sure on cards' playability, and I tried to maintain continuity with them, although I'm not sure if I got the mana costs entirely right.
Thanks to MtG Editor for the wonderful system.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Halo

Mission History:

:Explore Derelict Ring Habitat
>Complete

:Destroy Hostile Ground Forces
>Complete

:Neutralize Adaptive Parastic Lifeform
>Complete

:Outwit Ancient AI Construct
>Complete

:Stop the Destruction of the Human Race
>In Progress

--------------------------------------------
Special Card Type: Order
Sub-classes: Light, Dark, Non-Aligned, Pestilant
Rules: Order cards dictate the Starting life and max. hand size of a player, as well as special bonuses and abilities he or she may use throughout the game (similar to the Weatherlight Hero cards.) It also dictates what creature and spell colors may be in a specific library. For instance, an Order Requiring Red cards, and restricting Blue ones, must have at least one red creature or spell in it, and may not contain any blue ones. Lands are unaffected by this restriction, as are mutlicolored cards as long as they require at least one of the allowed colors in their mana cost. In a game using Order cards, each player locates the Order card their library correspondes to (1 per library) and places it in play, off the field. Then they begin the game normally.
--------------------------------------------

Order:
ImageImage
ImageImage

White:
(United Nations Space Command)

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Red:
(Covenant Seperatists, Heretics)

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Blue:
(Holy Covenant/Loyalists)

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Black:
(The Flood)

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Artifacts and Multicolor:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image Image

Lands:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Noble Ire on 2005-11-08 09:57pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

Wow those are great. Really well thought out and great pictures. A lot better than my a bit of this a bit of that sci fi set. Nice set symbol by the way. I will add some minor nitpicks latte but I want to keep this post to say that they are great.
Also did you know that magic had cards like your order cards in the past. Can’t remember what they were called though. Some thing like Vanguard.
Acidburns
Padawan Learner

Post by Acidburns »

I havnt played magic, but I found these to be an enjoyable read anyway. Very cool. You've chosen some nice pictures too. You must have spent some time on these.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Nice work.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Here's a little min-set I threw together in my spare time. It's designed to be playable in relation to the other cards, although some of the mechanics might be out of whack or overly specialized.
--------------------------------------------------------
Red vs. Blue

Knock Knock...

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Noble Ire on 2005-10-23 09:52pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

RvB Magic Cards? The Lopez one is in Espanol?

You, sir, win at the intarweb.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

My only gripe is that Johnson should be more powerful. I mean this guy just will not die, and if I remember correctly, has regenerative abilities, and that should be reflected in the card.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Agent Fisher wrote:My only gripe is that Johnson should be more powerful. I mean this guy just will not die, and if I remember correctly, has regenerative abilities, and that should be reflected in the card.
That's largely game mechanic, and his survival of Halo's detonation is rationalized in First Strike. He is still pretty badass, but I didn't want to make him more powerful than a tank. There is that immunity to Flood assimilation thing though.

Edit: Gave Johnson his Protection ability.
The Rift
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Noble Ire wrote:
Agent Fisher wrote:My only gripe is that Johnson should be more powerful. I mean this guy just will not die, and if I remember correctly, has regenerative abilities, and that should be reflected in the card.
That's largely game mechanic, and his survival of Halo's detonation is rationalized in First Strike. He is still pretty badass, but I didn't want to make him more powerful than a tank. There is that immunity to Flood assimilation thing though.

Edit: Gave Johnson his Protection ability.

Well, he should be! LONG LIVE SARGE!!
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Just a quick note: Lopez doesn't have stats.

And just an interesting and completely unnecessary situation: You technically could use the Church ghost to take over O'Malley, then use O'Malley to take over Andy, then use Andy to blow up everyone else.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Civil War Man wrote:Just a quick note: Lopez doesn't have stats.
Hmm, funny I missed that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention ...and edited.
*Pins Noble Ire's Anal Rentivity badge on Civil War Man* :P
And just an interesting and completely unnecessary situation: You technically could use the Church ghost to take over O'Malley, then use O'Malley to take over Andy, then use Andy to blow up everyone else.
Oddly enough, that's only barely too far fetched to actually happen on the show. Barely. :wink:
The Rift
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

I belive the name for the Elite is Crouchasaurus.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

skyman8081 wrote:I belive the name for the Elite is Crouchasaurus.
No, that was just Andy's suggestion when he and Caboose were talking about what to name him (unless the next episode says otherwise.) For now, the implication seemed pretty clear that Honk-Honk was his name.
The Rift
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

(Note: There has been a slight modification to the "Order" rules. Check OP.)

The Lord of the Rings

It began with the forging of the great rings. Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire power. For within these rings was bound the strength and will to govern each race. But they were all of them deceived, for another ring was made.

In the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom, the Dark Lord Sauron forged in secret a master ring, to control all others. And into this Ring, he poured his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all life.

"One Ring to rule them all."

One by one, the free lands in Middle-Earth fell to the power of the Ring. But there were some who resisted. A last alliance of Men and Elves marched against the armies of Mordor and on the slopes of Mount Doom they fought for the freedom of Middle-Earth.

Victory was near. But the power of the Ring could not be undone.
It was in this moment when all hope had faded, that Isildur, son of the King, took up his father's sword.

Sauron, the enemy of the free-peoples of Middle-Earth was defeated. The Ring passed to Isildur, who had this one chance to destroy evil forever.
But the hearts of men are easily corrupted. And the Ring of Power has a will of its own. It betrayed Isildur to his death. And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost.
History became legend, legend became myth and for two and a half thousand years, the Ring passed out of all knowledge. Until, when chance came, it ensnared a new bearer...

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."

-----------------------------------

Order:
ImageImage
ImageImage

White:
(Free Men of Middle Earth)

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Red:
(Dwarves, Wilderness)

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Green:
(Elves, Ents, Hobbits)

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Black:
(Mordor, Isengard)

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Artifacts:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Multicolor:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lands:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Noble Ire on 2005-11-15 03:46pm, edited 9 times in total.
The Rift
Comando293
Padawan Learner

Post by Comando293 »

Frigging awsome. Some minor spealing errors on some of the halo cards, but incedibly well designed.
Avatar courtesy of Alan Bolte and Glimmervoid
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Who is Lurtz? The name rings a bell, but I can't place it.

Bilbo has no stats.

Sting grants protection for orcs instead of from them.

Other than that, awesome. :D
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Really great.
What about the Tex guy from RVb, who beat someone to death with his own skull :lol:
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

Nice card now for the comments. Enchant creature no longer exists. There is now only

Enchantment – Aura

Enchant creature
{text of card}

And you need to state your walls cant attack. Also all walls were reconed to have the Defender ability. So you should add the key word Defender on to them.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Comando293 wrote:Frigging awsome. Some minor spealing errors on some of the halo cards, but incedibly well designed.
Thanks. :wink:
Who is Lurtz? The name rings a bell, but I can't place it.
He's the Uruk-hai commander that Aragorn kills at the end of FotR.
Oh, and thanks for the heads up. Fixed 'em.
What about the Tex guy from RVb, who beat someone to death with his own skull

She's up there, check again. :wink:

Glimmervoid:
I've fixed the walls that I forgot to give defender.
As to the enchantments, I will institute the change in my next set.
Thanks for the heads up as well.
The Rift
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Those are AMAZING. The LotR set is particularly impressive, since it would actually alter the way that the game is played (ie. much more emphasis on land destruction).
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Master of Ossus wrote:Those are AMAZING. The LotR set is particularly impressive, since it would actually alter the way that the game is played (ie. much more emphasis on land destruction).
Thanks. :)
Considering the number of Legendary cards I put in (creatures and lands especially), changes in game dynamics were interesting and inevitable side effects.

Edit: I added a few white and red cards that I forgot to upload initially.
The Rift
Tekore
Redshirt

Post by Tekore »

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but is it possible to play with/make these cards?
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

http://mtglair.de/editor.shtml

Perhaps I should just sig the link...
:wink:
The Rift
Tekore
Redshirt

Post by Tekore »

Oh, and sorry I forgot to tell you, these cards are amazing, I can't wait to see what else you make.

Minor nitpick - Devoted hero is a [common] 1/2 soldier for {white} why does Gondorian Knight cost {one}{white} for the same?
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Tekore wrote:Oh, and sorry I forgot to tell you, these cards are amazing, I can't wait to see what else you make.

Minor nitpick - Devoted hero is a [common] 1/2 soldier for {white} why does Gondorian Knight cost {one}{white} for the same?
Some cards are priced explicitly to encourage the usage of Order cards and the mixing of colors. :wink:

Edit: However, in this case, I in fact made a mistake. Thanks for pointing it out to me.
The Rift