Canadian Thanksgiving...(Pic heavy)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Canadian Thanksgiving...(Pic heavy)

Post by Mrs Kendall »

I found some cute thanksgiving cartoons and am addressing this thread to the canadians as we all know the americans don't celebrate it for another month or so. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone anyway :)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Ok so for most of them I just smiled but for some I laughed pretty hard. I thought I would share them all anyway :lol:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

I hope I put a smile on at least one persons face with this thread ;)

Mods! If this should be in testing then go ahead and move it, I just wasn't sure since I had so many images here :)
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Oookkk... I guess I'm the only one who found these a bit funny. Oh well :)
Acidburns
Padawan Learner

Post by Acidburns »

Quite amusing. The one about the bread is maybe my fav. "Holy Moly! They're putting us where??"
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

I like the one where one turkey is on the phone with butterball asking how to defrost the other turkey.

Haha, get it she's being cold towards him ;)

Edit: Or the one where the lady is telling her cat not to do gross things in her kitchen :lol:
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

That's funny stuff, Mrs. K. Even if we don't have Thanksgiving here :wink:
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

What are you talking about? Where are you? No thanksgiving at all? OMG That is a SIN!!

I mean turkeys are yummy you know :P :lol:
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

We usually have turkey on New Years Eve. Yummy stuff. :d
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

But, but, only one turkey a year?

*runs off crying*

I love my two turkeys a year, I guess that's yet another thing I should be thankful for ;)
Guy N. Cognito
Padawan Learner

Post by Guy N. Cognito »

Only two turkeys a year? What about Easter and other people having turkey dinners and inviting you? And one a year? I think I'd go mad. Or not know what I'm missing.
"Though there are only 5 colours, in combination, they can create more hues then can ever be seen" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Guy N. Cognito wrote:Only two turkeys a year? What about Easter and other people having turkey dinners and inviting you? And one a year? I think I'd go mad. Or not know what I'm missing.
We only have one a year in our family. Thanksgiving is always turkey, and X-mas and Easter are always hams. I don't mind, because turkey is usually too dry for me.

Of course, New Years Day is usually manicotti. W00t.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Oh, our family lays out the board. Ham and turkey on Thanksgiving, roast beef, turkey, and occasionally ham at Christmas, and the biggest mountain of mashed potatoes you've ever seen every time we get together. 8) (Dad's side of the family is Catholic. This results in lots and lots of cousins, who eat lots and lots of food.)
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Mrs Kendall wrote:What are you talking about? Where are you? No thanksgiving at all? OMG That is a SIN!!
About half the way around the world from Canada ma'am :mrgreen:

But when we'll move there (in a year and a half - two at most hopefully) I promise to have Thanksgiving :twisted:
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

That's a good boy ;)

We have turkey's on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but no ham until my sisters started hosting the holiday dinners. Mom never made it because none of us liked ham until two of my sisters got married and tried it at their in law's houses. At Christmas there is a lot of other people there so mom makes a meat pie and loads of potatoes as well. My cousin is the weirdest he eats potato sandwiches :lol: Mashed potatoes I mean. In his bun :lol:

Anyway, yeah and dessert is the best, Thanksgiving it's just whatever we all make to bring, but for christmas you can always count on cherry cheese cake for dessert and I love it :D

This past thanksgiving we had applecrisp and lemon meringue pie for dessert :teeth:
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Dalton wrote:
Guy N. Cognito wrote:Only two turkeys a year? What about Easter and other people having turkey dinners and inviting you? And one a year? I think I'd go mad. Or not know what I'm missing.
We only have one a year in our family. Thanksgiving is always turkey, and X-mas and Easter are always hams. I don't mind, because turkey is usually too dry for me.

Of course, New Years Day is usually manicotti. W00t.
Pretty much same here, though a few of my friends adopted the two Turkey philosophy.

Though New Year's being Mancotti is fantastic. Usually my mom makes some type of Roast...be it beef or pork.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Lindar
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lindar »

*yays* I like the kitty table one...*grin* sounds like me...
the longer i wait,the more i forget.the more i forget, the longer the list of desires grows. for that which is wanted is forbidden. and we all know that forbidden fruit is often the sweetest.Don'tcha wish your g/f was a witch like me?~*~AYVBABTU