Pick's Last Pic of the Thread (p10)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

Pick wrote::) And I just finished this (another webpage image)

*picture snip*

Ha ha, Umber's freaky...
Those books are awesome. Love the detail.

So, can I suck your talent away in my suck-o-matic and then be the one everyone loves? :wink:

No, seriously, top form as usual. :)
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Noble Ire wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Wow, that's a bitchin' effect...
Truly.
That would make an awesome av, or at least the head/torso section.
:wink:

(Wink directed towards those with photo-shrinking skills)
Just tried it, IM me to get the av files.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

Ace Pace wrote:
Noble Ire wrote:
Truly.

Wouldn't it be easier to upload the image files to imageshack in case you two don't get online at the same time?
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

I'm currently hoping for real webspace and holding off actully learning to use Imageshack and PB. :oops:
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

Eh, Photobucket doesn't give you much bandwidth, but Imageshack is ridiculously easy to use and gives you plenty. Once you've logged in once, you never have to do so again, and going to the Imageshack main page lets you upload stuff. Like I said, ridiculously easy.

But whatever floats your boat. :P
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:http://darkcouncilors.com/Artwork/Icons ... sketch.jpg
Banner. Larger than it'll be on the site, obviously. :P
Whoa. It takes talent to draw your own hail like that.

:P
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ace Pace wrote:
Noble Ire wrote:
Truly.

Thanks! I will once I have a chance --I've been super busy lately :oops:!!

And Kuja, :lol:, well I guess he's just talented :wink:

--------------------------

Alder (male)

Verdigris (girl)
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Verigris is the moody sort, isn't she? :wink:
Great as always. :)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

The detail on Alder's hair is AMAZING.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Alder - hey, not bad. Looks kinda wishy-washy though. :wink:

Verdigris - awesome! She's got a real badass attitude going on in that pic. Though I must ask: what's that over her shoulder? Another bonespur?
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:Verigris is the moody sort, isn't she? :wink:
Great as always. :)
:wink: Aww, she's just a little austere, that's all. And intolerant of others who aren't as well. And a hardass. And a bitch. Okay, yes, she's moody too.
Kuja wrote:Alder - hey, not bad. Looks kinda wishy-washy though. :wink:
That's because Alder's a wuss :).
Verdigris - awesome! She's got a real badass attitude going on in that pic. Though I must ask: what's that over her shoulder? Another bonespur?
Thanks! And yup, another spur, but that one's broken off (intentionally.) You can actually place most of my characters chronologically in the story by their appearance (for instance, how Verdigris' spurs look and Umber's feet.) This one's late in part 1 :).

And thanks, Dalton :lol: I was working on him during lunch period since I forgot my lunch money.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Ah, OK. Does it come out of her shoulder or back? Like, if we were looking at her right side instead of her left, would we see a matching one?
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Kuja wrote:Ah, OK. Does it come out of her shoulder or back? Like, if we were looking at her right side instead of her left, would we see a matching one?

This is off one of my earliest sketches of her, but it's still correct for the back when this design is applicable :). (I know it's an eaaaarly sketch since her elbow spikes went the other way... what was I thinking?!)
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Well, that certainly answers the question. Thanks a bunch, Pick! :D
JADAFETWA
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Quick and dirty resing on Alder brings something awesome. Pick, you have a new career making avatars. :)
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Pick wrote:<snip impaled back>
(points) Saikano! :D
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Looks great.

Is that a nipple?

I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Looks great.

Is that a nipple?

Lecher. :P
JADAFETWA
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Kuja wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Looks great.

Is that a nipple?

Lecher. :P
Be glad he did not start screaming boobies and foam at the mouth. After all that is the standard reaction from one of the monkey's :P

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Part of Chapter 1 of my story which at least two whole people have asked about :)

I'm sorry this doesn't accompany any real art, but I had no idea where else the link would or should go. :oops:

A series of minor things to keep in mind is: they're not human, their societies aren't even close to the same, this is JUST a TINY bit of introduction, Good and Evil aren't the same thing as good and evil, and I'm kind of a kid when it comes to writing stories (aka totally inexperienced.) The only thing like this I've ever written before was the first draft of this story which was completely different and I never finished. Also, don't read too deeply into the sinister just yet, since it's really not supposed to be. A confession of mine --I kind of wanted something that read like an anime. So there. :lol:

I'm still working on the site, not to mention this page...
Last edited by Pick on 2005-10-30 12:44am, edited 2 times in total.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:Part of Chapter 1 of my story which at least two whole people have asked about :)

I'm sorry this doesn't accompany any real art, but I had no idea where else the link would or should go. :oops:

I'm still working on the site, not to mention this page...
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

*charges in*
JADAFETWA
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

Pick wrote:Part of Chapter 1 of my story which at least two whole people have asked about :)

I like what you've done with the scroll for links to different parts of the site. The text (which, I assume, is they're writen language?) that gets translated into English when you mouse over them. Very nice. :)

I'll read the story tomorrow as I don't have much time now. Sorry. :(
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

Pick, Your site is not Opera friendly. ):

Screenie
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Erik von Nein wrote:

I like what you've done with the scroll for links to different parts of the site. The text (which, I assume, is they're writen language?) that gets translated into English when you mouse over them. Very nice. :)
:wink: Thanks!

I'll read the story tomorrow as I don't have much time now. Sorry. :(
Understandable :lol: It's pretty long already.

.... Also, I'm kind of sad that my art spoils so much. It might be more fun otherwise :(.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

skyman8081 wrote:Pick, Your site is not Opera friendly. ):

Screenie
Oh crap! I accidentally uploaded the wrong version (I have a lot of mistake versions since it's my first site and I don't know hell). Thanks for pointing that out!

Edit- ooooh, now I remember why I was fucking around with other versions of messing with that table in the first place- the black bars that show up in IE that I can't think of how to get rid of considering that when it comes to webspages I'm a moron! Wow, that's humiliation comparable to leaving the house having forgotten your clothes.

If anyone knows how to fix that, please let me know :luv:
Last edited by Pick on 2005-10-30 01:43am, edited 2 times in total.