Moron [3D WIP]

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

salm
Rabid Monkey

Moron [3D WIP]

Post by salm »

So i´m modelling this Moron for an Uni Project at the moment. The teeth will be improved and he´ll get a tongue. Also the body sucks at the moment because my anatonomy book is at a friends place at the moment and i thought i could model a decent body without one. But i can´t.

salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Another one + Wireframe:

nickolay1
Jedi Knight

Post by nickolay1 »

Looks awesome. Have you considered enlarging the jaw even more, while making the eye sockets even deeper? :wink:
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Eventually, I'm sure you'll want to get rid of that symmetry line going right down the middle of his face :)

Other than that, he makes a great cartoon character. Or were you going for realism...?
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

Speaking of Anatomy books, my friend in an artist and he owns like almost the complete Netter's collection which probably set him back quite a lot. The only Netter's I bought is the main illustrated atlas, the others I have to steal.
The Jazz Intern
Padawan Learner

Post by The Jazz Intern »

hey! that moron looks like me! :x (just kidding)
thats cool! I should look into all that.
WWDD What would dogbert do?
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

AHH!!!

Flash that in front of your eyes first thing in the morning and tell me you don't get a jolt.

Still, Cletus is looking rather good, and it'll be interesting to see him in full moronic glory.
This has been another blunder by you friendly local idiot.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

nickolay1 wrote:Looks awesome. Have you considered enlarging the jaw even more, while making the eye sockets even deeper? :wink:
More neanderthalensic, ey? I´ll might give it a try.

Crayz9000 wrote:Eventually, I'm sure you'll want to get rid of that symmetry line going right down the middle of his face

Other than that, he makes a great cartoon character. Or were you going for realism...?
Thanks. :)
Yes, the symetry line is there because it´s still work in progress and will be removed.

Realism is not intended. If it was i´d be a really shitty modeller.

:wink:
Trytostaydead wrote: Speaking of Anatomy books, my friend in an artist and he owns like almost the complete Netter's collection which probably set him back quite a lot. The only Netter's I bought is the main illustrated atlas, the others I have to steal.
I don´t know Netters. I´ve got an anatomy book for artists by Gottfried Bammes. Cost me about 70 Euros. But it´s a must for people who draw or model humans. The German standard book for stuff like this.

Sharpshooter wrote:AHH!!!

Flash that in front of your eyes first thing in the morning and tell me you don't get a jolt.

Still, Cletus is looking rather good, and it'll be interesting to see him in full moronic glory.
Yeah, he´ll get a wife beater and all the stuff a true moron needs.
BTW, what kind of shoes do rednecks wear?
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

The tiger-striped Western hick is known to prefer cowboy or hiking boots. I'm not really familiar with the Bible Belt or Midwest species though.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

*Takes measurements*

Yup, that's definately a moron *puts away skull measurer*
Though he should be a little more assymmetric. The more assymetric, the more moronic, as we say :twisted:
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Brother-Captain Gaius wrote:
The tiger-striped Western hick is known to prefer cowboy or hiking boots. I'm not really familiar with the Bible Belt or Midwest species though.
Cowboy boots, farm boots, work boots for the most part down here in the South. For farm boots, think a blunter, thicker leather, undecorated cowboy boot with matte leather, generally dark brown.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

It really looks... moronic (in a good way). You might want to add drool, though.

Hey, I was wondering, what 3d modelling programs would you recommend for a beginner? A complete n00b. And where could I find 'em?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

- Improved the teeth
- added a tongue
- added eybrows
- added nosehair
- added ears.
- made eye sockets deeper as recommended by nick

The ears are not attached to the rest of the mesh, hence it looks a bit strange, but you get the idea.

I´m not sure if i like the nose hair yet. And the small mesh error on the ear will be fixed tomorrow. Now i´m tired and going to bed. Good night.

@ shroom: get blender or some other free 3D programm for example at

http://www.blender.nl

or get the trial version of either

3ds Max, May or Cinema 4d

at

http://www.discreet.com

http://www.alias.com

http://www.maxxon.com

Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

salm wrote:
Trytostaydead wrote: Speaking of Anatomy books, my friend in an artist and he owns like almost the complete Netter's collection which probably set him back quite a lot. The only Netter's I bought is the main illustrated atlas, the others I have to steal.
I don´t know Netters. I´ve got an anatomy book for artists by Gottfried Bammes. Cost me about 70 Euros. But it´s a must for people who draw or model humans. The German standard book for stuff like this.
Netters is practically the gold standard for illustrated human anatomy. The main atlas books is used by just about every medical student, and there's a whole series of specialized Netter's that deals with subsets of the human anatomy.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Trytostaydead wrote: Netters is practically the gold standard for illustrated human anatomy. The main atlas books is used by just about every medical student, and there's a whole series of specialized Netter's that deals with subsets of the human anatomy.
Aah, ok. I had a medical anatomy book borrowed from a friend for a while but to be honest the anatomy book for artists tends to be far more useful for stuff like this.

The medical book describes what the body parts are good for and to a certain degree what they look like.

The artist anatomy book on the other hand describes what the body parts are good for only to a certain degree but focuses mainly on what the body parts look like (for example proportions or out of which standard volumes a certain body part can be drawn or modelled.)

The following links might not be safe for work for people with strange bosses:

The artists book is full of stuff like this

whereas the medical one is full of stuff like this