The Truth About Myspace

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Dalton wrote:I only have one to stay in touch with some friends.
But that's what phones are for sweety ;)
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Some of my friends have myspaces. I mock them mercilessly.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Max
Jedi Knight

Post by Max »

Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

The only reason I had one was because my friend told me to get one about a year ago. All I ever did with it was make it look like the leader of NOD's (from Command and Conquer) MySpace account. Only recently have I used it for anything, and one of those uses was finding a friend of mine who I lost contact with about 4 years ago. Now we're chatting again and it's coo'. But, yeah, those descriptions are freakishly accurate.
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I have one, although I haven't switched from the default background, use proper spelling and punctuation, and had the same default picture since June. Probably more of a statement than if I used an editor. On an aside, they should have a contest to see who has the most obnoxious, unreadable page. It would be appealing in the same way a burning car wreck is for onlookers.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Erik von Nein wrote:The only reason I had one was because my friend told me to get one about a year ago. All I ever did with it was make it look like the leader of NOD's (from Command and Conquer) MySpace account. Only recently have I used it for anything, and one of those uses was finding a friend of mine who I lost contact with about 4 years ago. Now we're chatting again and it's coo'. But, yeah, those descriptions are freakishly accurate.
I'm interested, how do you find someone you knew 4 years ago and in my case 7 years ago. How would you do such a search on myspace??? As far as I knew everyone who has a page has named it using weird names and stuff.. :?
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Mrs Kendall wrote:
Dalton wrote:I only have one to stay in touch with some friends.
But that's what phones are for sweety ;)
I have trouble with phones because of my speech impediment (I swear they're designed to magnify any speech problem a person has :evil: ). I use...um...a crapton of different blogs to keep up with various groups of friends (I think I'm on three plus Facebook right now, unless I'm forgetting one :D ). Besides, three of my friends on my blogs live outside the United States, so phoning would be a PITA anyway.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Ice
Padawan Learner

Post by Ice »

CmdrWilkens wrote:I don't know if I should feel backwards or relieved that I have no account with nor any inclination to create an account with MySpace, LiveJournal, or any other "hey look at me" type site.
Feel relieved.

Though you can always use an LJ to post weird rambling funny crap like a certain British cook I know... :wink:
"Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences." - Midori Koto
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

Mrs Kendall wrote:I'm interested, how do you find someone you knew 4 years ago and in my case 7 years ago. How would you do such a search on myspace??? As far as I knew everyone who has a page has named it using weird names and stuff.. :?
I searched for their real name and it worked. I didn't type it in under the user name but some other part of the search function.
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

MySpace = denied. If someone wants to get a hold of me? LJ, e-mail or a messenger of some form. I don't need to go visit something that may as well be a fucking dating service.

That Uncyclopedia article, though? Dude with booze = hot. /random.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005