Post clips from your favorite obscure movies.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post clips from your favorite obscure movies.

Post by Glocksman »

Ever since first seeing J-Men Forever on USA cable's Night Flight as a teenager, I've wanted it on Laserdisc.
Well, it never came out in Laserdisc format, but it finally was released on DVD and I bought it.
Amazon Product Description wrote:J Men is the story of The Secret World War, a war of cultures as Rock & Roll smashes Shmaltzy music. This outrageous comedy was created by Firesign Theatre's Philip Proctor and Peter Bergman in the style of Woody Allen's "What's Up Tiger Lilly?" From a goldmine of Republic Cliffhanger Serials, J Men was overdubbed with new voices and script to a Classic Rock Soundtrack. For more than 20 years, J Men has been only rarely available and mostly on pure quality bootlegged videos. This digitally re-mastered version is authorized by Proctor and Bergman, with special hilarious bonus interviews on the making of the film.
Some of the puns and references used are pretty obscure, but funny as hell if you realize what they refer to, and there's a crapload of drug humor to go along with your Rock & Roll. :lol:
Anyway, here's a 12 MB .mp4 clip I made up of one scene from the movie.

Watch it in Windows Media Player 10, as for some reason it looks like shit in the Quicktime player.
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

So no one thought that was hilarious?
What kind of Communists are you. :P
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

That was downright laughtastic! It reminds me of that old show Turkey TV.
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

The rest of the movie is just as funny and is a Glocksman Recommended™ buy. :lol:
I'm working on a short clip from the James Caan movie Thief for the next post.
Last edited by Glocksman on 2005-11-06 02:29am, edited 1 time in total.

Oderint dum metuant
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

OK, here's the trailer from the James Caan movie Thief
Amazon.com
Thief's dark noir spaces are tinged with the neon palette that has become the trademark of director Michael Mann (Miami Vice, Heat). This was his first theatrical film, and all the elements that characterize his later style (and this is a very stylistic film) are dominant. Equal parts grit and glamour, the story is simple. Frank (James Caan) is a lone-wolf jewel thief who was, in his words, brought up "by the state." In prison he was apprenticed to a master thief, played by Willie Nelson. When Frank's successful career comes to the attention of an avuncular syndicate boss (Robert Prosky), Frank is offered (and accepts against his better judgment) a deal that should allow him to retire and enjoy the family life he covets. But the deal sours, and Frank is left to decide what his nature truly is, lone wolf or family man. Thief melds its jazzy visual style with heightened realism: the jewel thief's tools of the trade are authentic, up to the 8,000 degree thermal lance used to cut through a nearly impregnable safe. Some of the bit parts are played by real-life, highly successful jewel thieves, who acted as consultants. And their presence informs the superb dialogue, as every word rings true. In one long, engrossing scene, James Caan gradually persuades the woman he wants to start a family with (Tuesday Weld in one of her most affecting performances) that they should be together. The film was photographed beautifully by Donald Thorin and further emboldened by the driving rhythms of Tangerine Dream. The DVD contains a very funny commentary track by the director and James Caan. --Jim Gay --This text refers to the DVD edition.
Great movie and a must-see if you like James Caan.

Also, here's another short clip from J-Men Forver.
KRAP
K-R-A-P. Middle of the road, music of robots radio. :lol:
These mp4 (Nero Digital) files should look fine in QuickTime7's player.

Oderint dum metuant
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter

http://www.badmovies.org/multimedia/mov ... svamp1.mpg

In this scene, the Savior of Humanity is sidetracked in his mission to save the priest's daughter by an Atheist attack squad, and the patented Atheist Infini-Jeep(tm).
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

Nephtys wrote:Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter

In this scene, the Savior of Humanity is sidetracked in his mission to save the priest's daughter by an Atheist attack squad, and the patented Atheist Infini-Jeep(tm).
Heh..
Jesus Christ is chanelling Billy Jack. :lol:

Oderint dum metuant
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

Oh, man! I especially love the part where he says, "Do you realize how butch you two look together?" And then the disturbed looks they give each other cracked me up. And then..."Marijuana...hmmm...hmmm...hmm...hmmpph!!!" *Pulls lever.* :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Nephtys wrote:Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter

what the bloody hell was that? :wtf:
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

IRG CommandoJoe wrote:Oh, man! I especially love the part where he says, "Do you realize how butch you two look together?" And then the disturbed looks they give each other cracked me up. And then..."Marijuana...hmmm...hmmm...hmm...hmmpph!!!" *Pulls lever.* :lol: :lol: :lol:
Order the disc, as it just gets better.
"You can thank the Rock & Roll Detector for leading you to your doom"
"Thanks!" :lol:

Oderint dum metuant
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Not sure, but it's the greatest movie line ever. :lol:

Note: I'd still think it was hilarious if it said Republicans. Don't get your panties in a wad. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

hell, you could use Republicans, Fundies of a kinds, Fanboys, the list goes on. Man that is the greatest line ever!