Pick's Last Pic of the Thread (p10)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

I'll try to get a few more pages of story up this weekend :)

But I did want to clarify something quickly before people get too confused:

Shader as he is in the story NOW:

Shader as I often draw him/as the doll shows (I'll color this... in time!)

Edge having fun:

The blood on his hand isn't his :). Oh, Edge is fun. This is actually a backstory image, so his horns are smaller.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:Edge having fun:
Whoa. Hi there. :shock:
JADAFETWA
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Ew, gross.

Looks great, but still gross. :)
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

So I'm guessing Edge has two sides. :wink:
Ouch.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Eheheheheheheh.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Well, I'm sick out of my mind at the moment (probably flu) but decided to update my story anyway with what I got finished this weekend. It's only the first drafts of this part of this chapter, but ah well.

Same link, it' still chapter one! Whee! :mrgreen:

I'll try to update with a fixed version once I am no longer distracted by my ceaseless coughing and hacking :)
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Get well soon, bunkins. :P

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thanks, Spanky :wink:

... Random pondering: that's about long enough to divide into a chapter 2 by now :wtf:
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

And done.
Very good, very good indeed. :)
I think I'm beginning to see where this is going, but nevertheless, it is a very enjoyable read (with a few exceptions, your prose are very good, better than some professional authors I've read, and mine for that matter.)

Oh, and I hope you recover promptly. :wink:
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Pick wrote:Well, I'm sick out of my mind at the moment (probably flu) but decided to update my story anyway with what I got finished this weekend. It's only the first drafts of this part of this chapter, but ah well.

Same link, it' still chapter one! Whee! :mrgreen:

I'll try to update with a fixed version once I am no longer distracted by my ceaseless coughing and hacking :)
Yes, it is long enough for two chapters--more comments tomorrow--and yes, do get well soon.

*grins*
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Eeeee! Edge is icky! I think that those chillun are going to get a shock and a surprise. Very cool.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

whoa Pick your art reminds me of the Sinner Dragon. I would of course provide a link to such an excellent webcomic, except that fair maiden you are not old enough to visit the site.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:Eeeee! Edge is icky! I think that those chillun are going to get a shock and a surprise. Very cool.

:P

For the record, Edge isn't an antagonist though.

Thanks much to everyone who's been keeping up with it; I'll keep writing it :wink: :luv:
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Heh, that's great, Pick. :)

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

That was incredibly fast and disturbingly cute.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

No Duchess, that wasn't incredibly fast - that was so freaking fast that it set the atmosphere on fire. Though I do suppose that technically, that is incredibly fast . . . err.

Anyway, I'd like to come up with a nice pointy epithetet to describe how monumentally cool your artwork is Pick, but I'm having trouble working neutron star into it, so I'll just say that you just rock harder than Ayers.
What is Project Zohar?

Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

Pick wrote:*snip angsty Edge*
:lol: That's too funny.

Oh, I finally read the whole story. Well, I did a while ago, but I forgot to comment. *smacks forehead* Yeah, I'm dumb. Shu'up! :D Anyway, good story. Keep it up!
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:
Ford Prefect wrote:Eeeee! Edge is icky! I think that those chillun are going to get a shock and a surprise. Very cool.
http://www.darkcouncilors.com/Artwork/s ... biicky.jpg
:P
Awwwwwwwww! Poor guy. :(
JADAFETWA
Psycho Smiley
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Psycho Smiley »

I take it from Umber's Library that you've already planned the story out into chapters, and it will have 27? Or are you planning on adding another pile of books later?
An Erisian Hymn:
Onward Christian Soldiers, / Onward Buddhist Priests.
Onward, Fruits of Islam, / Fight 'till you're deceased.
Fight your little battles, / Join in thickest fray;
For the Greater Glory / of Dis-cord-i-a!
Yah, yah, yah, / Yah-yah-yah-yah plfffffffft!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Psycho Smiley wrote:I take it from Umber's Library that you've already planned the story out into chapters, and it will have 27? Or are you planning on adding another pile of books later?
The intent is for it to take place in three parts; the current Umber's Library image is for the first part of the story. I don't plan for all of the chapters to be nearly as long as the first one, naturally. Even so, I may end up limiting the total chapters of the entire story to 27 anyway. I'm really not sure; it depends on how much material I get out of it once it starts really getting going, and that's what I won't be sure of until I get there. :wink: I still haven't introduced even a third of the important cast.

Also, randomly, because it seemed wise to have a reference, here's a very fast inking of the Good adolescents as they CURRENTLY appear. Very fast inking/drawing. So don't get on my case :lol:

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Rushed or not, looks good to me.

Gold star!!

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Spanky is most definetly right. But how will these unsuspecting children turn out? Only time will tell, so tune in folks and salivate over Pick's artworks.
What is Project Zohar?

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Alder, Alder, Alder.... *chuckles* He's so out of his element I feel bad for the poor guy. :lol:
JADAFETWA
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Splendid additional work, Pick, and I think the picture matches up with the characterizations superbly--though I am a bit curious about their physiology, to be sure.

The latest part is certainly much more firm than what came before it in terms of structure and progression of the plot and so on, so you're going in the right direction.

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Pick wrote:
Psycho Smiley wrote:I take it from Umber's Library that you've already planned the story out into chapters, and it will have 27? Or are you planning on adding another pile of books later?
The intent is for it to take place in three parts; the current Umber's Library image is for the first part of the story. I don't plan for all of the chapters to be nearly as long as the first one, naturally. Even so, I may end up limiting the total chapters of the entire story to 27 anyway. I'm really not sure; it depends on how much material I get out of it once it starts really getting going, and that's what I won't be sure of until I get there. :wink: I still haven't introduced even a third of the important cast.
Well, DIG also had 27 chapters (and all of them were as long as your first one, heh)--that was rather intentional, though. It was intended to have 30 (3x10) parts, with 27 of them (3x3x3) being chapters and three (3) being special sections. Trilogies in trilogies in trilogies added to a trilogy and yielding a trilogy multipled by an order of magnitude.

It's really not uncommon for people to have an internal motivation in the length and composition of their stories, and can even end up an important part of the story, which is after all more than just the words but also how it's laid out.