Innerbrat, Keevan, Aerius, and Me

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Bertie Wooster
Jedi Council Member
Location: reposed at the bosom of Nyx on the shores of Formentera

Post by Bertie Wooster »

Mike's trenchcoat looks a lot like the trenchcoats worn by the ex-confederate outlaws of the Jesse James/Younger gang in "Long Riders."

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Bounty wrote:
RogueIce wrote:That's a cool trenchcoat that Mike has on. He could be a freakin' detective with that thing.
Inspired by The Untouchables :

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/ue ... ective.jpg
don't mess with the SDN mob boys now we need to get brat a BAR, and a tommy gun for one of the others.... (obviously Arerana is hiding a .45 under that jacket.)
Last edited by The Yosemite Bear on 2005-11-06 04:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Spanky, would you care to explain your joke because obviously I didn't get it and obviously I'm not the only one otherwise others would have commented on how funny you are :P

Oh, and you're welcome, it was no problem at all ;)
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

They took their picture at the CN Tower.

The photo behind them shows the CN Tower.

Ergo, I was implying that there are in fact two CN Towers. That was the joke.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

Well, looks like you guys had fun. I've never been on top of the CN Tower, just at the bottom. The lines that day were insanely long.
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

XaLEv wrote:Your hair appears to be thicker in this picture than in the last few you've posted.
Well he does have a "Hair Club for Men" banner which I just saw in his sig...
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Dammit, that's the kind of coat I want; not some black ~$30 fake thing that highschool kids wear with T-Shirsts they bought at Hot Topic and try to not look twelve, but something grey, formal, and business-like.

Anywho, nice photo, it's good to see verious regulars all together with Mike Wong. Even with his Home Page, if it wasn't for this forum I'd probably still be picturing Mike as this:

By His Word...
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Bounty, you rock. Thanks, those are great. :lol:
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

Utsanomiko wrote:Dammit, that's the kind of coat I want; not some black ~$30 fake thing that highschool kids wear with T-Shirsts they bought at Hot Topic and try to not look twelve, but something grey, formal, and business-like.
It looks like a Ralph Lauren. Check some of the middle range department stores, in the Suit sections. If you shop around, you may still be able to find one for about 40% off, which will set you back about $150 bucks.

And yes, they are very nice.
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Utsanomiko wrote:Anywho, nice photo, it's good to see verious regulars all together with Mike Wong. Even with his Home Page, if it wasn't for this forum I'd probably still be picturing Mike as this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/ ... canada.jpg
Hah, I was wondering when you were gonna find a use for that picture... :)
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Man, Planet Hollywood?! Were you all trying to get food poisoning as a group or something?
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Keevan and Innerbrat look quite a bit different from what I expected. I thought they'd both be taller and Keevan a lot more evil & vampiric looking, he resembles a jolly pirate more than anything else in that picture. Mike seems to have stolen James Bond's mojo and is aging backwards & growing his hair back.
DPDarkPrimus wrote:Man, Planet Hollywood?! Were you all trying to get food poisoning as a group or something?
What's wrong with Planet Hollywood? Is there something you know which the rest of us should? Food was pretty good last time I was there...
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

J wrote:
DPDarkPrimus wrote:Man, Planet Hollywood?! Were you all trying to get food poisoning as a group or something?
What's wrong with Planet Hollywood? Is there something you know which the rest of us should? Food was pretty good last time I was there...
I've eaten at two different Planet Hollywoods for a total of three times, each time ordering a different meal, and each time feeling ill for the next twelve or so hours.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:
J wrote:
I've eaten at two different Planet Hollywoods for a total of three times, each time ordering a different meal, and each time feeling ill for the next twelve or so hours.

I'm scottish, you dont even want to think about what we consider edible. I'll just say this, health and saftey in scotland requires nearly 15C higher temperatures for cooking things than other countries.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Keevan_Colton wrote:
DPDarkPrimus wrote:I've eaten at two different Planet Hollywoods for a total of three times, each time ordering a different meal, and each time feeling ill for the next twelve or so hours.
I'm scottish, you dont even want to think about what we consider edible. I'll just say this, health and saftey in scotland requires nearly 15C higher temperatures for cooking things than other countries.
Being part Scottish is likely a big part of why I've survived eating mystery meats in 3rd world countries. To this day I've never gotten sick nor suffered any unusual side-effects from eating food in a 1st world country.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

- Jean-Claude Juncker
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

J wrote:Keevan and Innerbrat look quite a bit different from what I expected. I thought they'd both be taller and Keevan a lot more evil & vampiric looking, he resembles a jolly pirate more than anything else in that picture. Mike seems to have stolen James Bond's mojo and is aging backwards & growing his hair back.
Where were you, anyway?
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

RogueIce wrote:Where were you, anyway?
Incapacitated by the flu, lying in bed coughing up buckets of phlegm and soaking in the tub to let the steam help clear my lungs. On the bright side I did get to enjoy my BF's wonderful seafood stew and vegetable soup which he cooked up in the morning before he left. A small bright spot in an otherwise miserable day. Well, I now have an appreciation for the two weeks of sick leave my work affords me every year.

- Margo Timmins

- Jean-Claude Juncker
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Re: Innerbrat, Keevan, Aerius, and Me

Post by Wyrm »

Mike, I think you need to take your high resolution camera and smash it to tiny bits against a very hard concrete floor, on account that the picture looks... well, fake.

Ie, like it's been photoshopped.

By my grandmother.

Who had macular degeneration.
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

That's because it is Photoshopped. The picture was taken by Tower staff on the way in against a green screen, then they put in the background and we picked up the photos on the way out.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

No, I'm pretty sure Wyrm and Spanky are correct: the picture was taken in front of a window in the CN tower...

...Overlooking a completely different, identical CN tower.

*Rides away on a guy's back like a skateboard*
By His Word...
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Ah, good. That does explain quite a bit. Cool pix. All of them.

I hope you haven't started smashing yet, Mike. :D
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

Wyrm wrote:Ah, good. That does explain quite a bit. Cool pix. All of them.

I hope you haven't started smashing yet, Mike. :D
I'm still in shock that you could have thought that picture was real for even a moment. Don't you know that every tourist attraction in the world has some sort of cheesy tourist photo booth which does this sort of thing?
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

mike you do realize that some people can't even figure out that you an Kanos are the same person...

go figure.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:mike you do realize that some people can't even figure out that you an Kanos are the same person...

go figure.
*goes back and rereads 100,000 posts*

Well I'll be...
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

AdmiralKanos wrote:I'm still in shock that you could have thought that picture was real for even a moment. Don't you know that every tourist attraction in the world has some sort of cheesy tourist photo booth which does this sort of thing?
I donno. I stay away from the tourist traps when I travel (which is not very often). When I went to Vina del Mar and Montreal for statistics conferences last year, I visited the local places.

You know... the interesting spots!