Tekore's MtG "Expansions" (Pic Heavy)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Tekore
Redshirt

Tekore's MtG "Expansions" (Pic Heavy)

Post by Tekore »

These cards are designed to go with Noble Ire's LotR Set. I am still working on them and would apreciate comments and/or suggestions.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

--Updated Beorn
--Added Crebain, Strikedown, Lonely Mountain, Radagast & Bird token
--Fixed Lonely Mtn. Added Hobbiton, Misty Mountains & Mirkwood
--Fixed errors, added cards
--More Cards
Last edited by Tekore on 2005-11-10 02:11pm, edited 6 times in total.
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

These are beautiful images. I don't know how to play the game so I can't help with playability but here is one comment:

For your Bear Card, its hard to make out the title since there is a little contrast between "Bear" and the background. Consider making the font a little thicker, use a darker color, and shift the text away from the image border.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I approve of this thread. :)

I would recommend decreasing the size of Beorn's class text by a number or two to make it more even. Otherwise, they're all very good.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Tekore
Redshirt

Post by Tekore »

Thanks for your comments! -- Fixed Beorn

Which card do you think is better use of art?

ImageImage
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Strike Down works better visually.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

I like Strike Down. That doesn't look so much like a warrior challenging the Witch-King (Is that him?) as the Witch-King beating down the former.
Tekore
Redshirt

Post by Tekore »

Thats what I was thinking too, though if I remember correctly that picture is just before sauron looses the ring, thus the question.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Tekore wrote:Thats what I was thinking too, though if I remember correctly that picture is just before sauron looses the ring, thus the question.
And yet he still beat down Elendil and that one elf hero whose name slips my mind right before, too, so that hardly counts.

And since the sword isn't broken we can be sure that is in fact Elendil about to get a mace sandwich.

You could make it a double card like "Fire/Ice"...
Tekore
Redshirt

Post by Tekore »

I think I'll just stick with strikedown. also, I think Radagast and Thorin seem a little underpowered, but I'm unsure how to fix (without making them imbalanced)

Additional I'm wondering what abilities/effects for

Arkenstone
Mirkwood
Spiders (mirkwood spiders - what were they called?)

And someone posted a really nice card of Bard somewhere on the board, but I don't know who
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

I think the Mirkwood spiders were simply called spiders. Of course, I haven't read the Hobbit in years.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

MRDOD wrote:
Tekore wrote:Thats what I was thinking too, though if I remember correctly that picture is just before sauron looses the ring, thus the question.
And yet he still beat down Elendil and that one elf hero whose name slips my mind right before, too, so that hardly counts.

And since the sword isn't broken we can be sure that is in fact Elendil about to get a mace sandwich.
-smacks- That is the Enemy, Morgoth Bauglir, facing down the High King of the Noldor, Fingolfin son of Finwe, at the Dagor Bragollach. Know thee thy Tolkien, and hold it in reverence, else thee shall receive much smackage!

:P

Oh, and excellent choice of the Ted Naismith painting...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

The bird token has no power/toughness. Also, the Misty Mountains image is busted.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Tekore
Redshirt

Post by Tekore »

Fixed! plus new creatures.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Elheru Aran wrote: -smacks- That is the Enemy, Morgoth Bauglir, facing down the High King of the Noldor, Fingolfin son of Finwe, at the Dagor Bragollach. Know thee thy Tolkien, and hold it in reverence, else thee shall receive much smackage!

:P

Oh, and excellent choice of the Ted Naismith painting...
Bah, only masochism could get me through the Silmarillion. And I was lied to in the beginning- the "Sauron" comment threw me off.