Battle of the Hymn part two?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Battle of the Hymn part two?

Post by Knife »

Would anyone be up for such an endeavor?
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Well Knife, I guess this is as good as time as any to elaborate on the idea I pitched you lo these many months ago.

Basically, it entails the sweeping social changes that occur in the Riverlands because of our presence, and more importantly, Avalon's first contact (and conflict) with the Citedal. Like the original BoH it's going to follow the maxim "There is nothing so terrible as a battle won...save a battle lost".

I even came up with a brief Geographical "writer's Bible" (actually, I have more, but that's secret)

Western Towns
-Book Club Town: New London
-French Masons: Languedoc
-German Sailors/Hanseatic League: Lübeck
-Venetian/Northern Italy Merchants: Veneto
-American Trappers: Independence

Citadel
(Forts)
-Château de Coucy (western shore of Bay)
- Kolossi Castle (Eastern Shore)
(City)
- Antioch

SDN
(City)
-Avalon
Port
-California (founded after the sacking of Lübeck)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

I would love to see a sequel.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

And this time, when you promise someone an untimely death, be decent enough to deliver. :P

But yeah, that would be cool.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Oh hell yes, BotH rocked.

On a side note, after a weird dream where i was in the BotH fic i started writing about what i might have done. I was going to ask you if i could put it up, but like most my attempts at fanfics it went off the boil and never got futher than a single chapter (or part of one). Also i think i may have been overly pessamistic about how bad me and my family would adjust in the plan as well as someother things.

Anyway, i was wondering if you might want to open it up to other fanfic writers to write about what they did in the first part. IIRC there's lots of space as the first part mainly focused on the border patrol and soldiers. For example, given how much debate threre is in N&P i bet setting up the coucnil wasn't an easy ride. Did the farmers have to contend with native pests? Maybe Stravo could write about his experiences as a civilian trying to be a soldier in the city watch?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

2000AD wrote:Oh hell yes, BotH rocked.

On a side note, after a weird dream where i was in the BotH fic i started writing about what i might have done. I was going to ask you if i could put it up, but like most my attempts at fanfics it went off the boil and never got futher than a single chapter (or part of one). Also i think i may have been overly pessamistic about how bad me and my family would adjust in the plan as well as someother things.
Truthfully; I long ago agreed for someone else to develope a sequel. I was trying to goad the guy into gear with the thread.
Anyway, i was wondering if you might want to open it up to other fanfic writers to write about what they did in the first part. IIRC there's lots of space as the first part mainly focused on the border patrol and soldiers. For example, given how much debate threre is in N&P i bet setting up the coucnil wasn't an easy ride. Did the farmers have to contend with native pests? Maybe Stravo could write about his experiences as a civilian trying to be a soldier in the city watch?
I would actually be interested in reading that if you want to post it or even just email me.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

To your original question: I believe you would be up to such an endeavor :-D
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Knife wrote:
I would actually be interested in reading that if you want to post it or even just email me.

I'll write up something like that. Could i slightly change my status from reserves to nightwatch, considering our nightwatch only has a few dozen people mentioned at the most, and it is supposed to be about three hundred?
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Knife wrote:
I haven't actually written any of that, that's just some suggestions for others. What i had down was just 2 scenes and 1 of those wasn't really relevant at all, on top of the whole plan for the story being really OTT on terms of pessamism. I do have half a plan now but currently i'ma bit swamped with uni work.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

I'd love to read more.