We have SNOW!!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

We have SNOW!!

Post by Mrs Kendall »

We finally got our first dumping of snow so I took our daughter out there and we made our very first snowman of winter 2005. I just had to share the photos :)

Ok so it's not the greatest looking snowman in the world, but you have to remember that the first one of the season is always the dirtyest one because of extra leaves and excess dirt on the ground under the snow.

I didn't bother putting all the accessories on it cause I know it's just gonna melt by tomorrow if it lives through the bratty kids who walk by the house on their way home from school anyway ;)

All that matters is that we had fun :)
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Lucky Bastard!
((pouts and kicks the cactus ouside))
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Snowed for real the fist time yesterday. Maybe half an inch, but some of the snow is still around today. Was 16 degrees out when I woke up.

Ski mountain opens this weekend. Won't be online those days if you know what I mean. 8)
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Hahahahahaha :lol: Sorry, I wish I could help ya ;) :P

^ the above was directed at crossroads post ;)
Namarie
Padawan Learner

Post by Namarie »

I'm. so. jealous.

I do have to say though, the picture of you and your daughter is so cute!!
Yay.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Thanks sweetie :) I thought so too :)
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

CUTE overload *spasms* your kids are cute.

Snow? what is this snow?

*prods grass*

We had rain.

If we're lucky we might even HEAR of a CHANCE of POSSIBLY having some snow.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Yeah in northern Ontario Canada we normally have snow by mid november but sometimes as early as mid october, I was beginning to think we would never get any, cause sometimes on rare occasions we have green christmasses, and with all the mild weather we've been having (above zero celcius) I was becomming depressed and hoping for snow to arrive. so you can see why I'm so happy today even though I am suffering with the flu ;)
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

I know snow from the old country, where Snow snows on you :P
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

You had pure quality time despite the not so pure snow, Mrs. Kendall. :)

When if ever we have snow here at Stony Brook, I want to make snowmen Calvin and Hobbes style!
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

It's raining here. And it's forecast to rain for the next few days. God this is getting depressing. There is a slight chance of some snow flurries but I doubt any of it is going to stay on the ground. I need to move back to Ottawa....
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

:lol: I know, my mom just told me (I was just on the phone with her) that there is a warm front coming through and it's gonna go up to 13 degrees celcius by tomorrow morning, so my snowman is definitely gonna melt away :(
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Gaah...this is revolting. You lot have snow, I'm in freakin shorts and a T-shirt, sweating. Virginia sucks.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Snow forecast for Thursday and Friday. 8)

That said, Mrs K, your daughter is soo CUTE!
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

It just poured down freezing rain yesterday afternoon, got a very very light layer of snow on the roof and lawn, and now it's freezing despite being sunny out. I hate Colorado weather.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Caius
Padawan Learner

Post by Caius »

Looks like you two had a lot of fun.

We had some slush the other day. I don't think I'm ready for a good amount of snow yet.
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

It snowed here today. The weather forecasters predicted about 5 to 10 centimetres. Instead we got thirty and it's STILL coming down. I had to miss class today to shovel my parents car out of the driveway. It was two feet deep in places. I was out there for two hours. When I got back into the house, my hair was frozen. I didn't even go out with it wet. What's more, the zipper on my jacket was broken, so by the time I got back in, the front of my shirt was soaking wet.

In about 10 minutes, I have to go out yet there again to shovel yet more of that snow.

And now I see people in this thread jealous of snow?

Cute kids. Looked like you had fun. The blizzard that hit us hit us is supposed to be going towards Ontario next.

[edit]By the way, this was actully our first snowfall this fall.
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

I didn't buy any fucking winter boots yet. The one from last year was totalled.

I agree with Temjin. Snow is an annoyance unless you're a little kid or have kids. It adds travel time, dogs can shit all over the place and you notice it more because everything is white and the shit stands out, and there's yellow snow everywhere. Plus it's fucking cold. Did I mention cold.

Yes I grew up in Toronto, I was born in Canada, doesn't mean I have to like snow :twisted:.

Brian
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I keep on losing my gloves every year but I am definitely going to buy a pair after Thanksgiving to be ready. As for snow boots, what are they? :wink:
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Thanks to everyone who complimented me on how cute my daughter is and how much fun we had etc... and I agree with those of you saying snow is a pain in the ass when you're not a kid or don't have kids to play in it with you, but it's not all that bad for me cause I get paid by Veterans Affairs for shovelling our snow, since he can't do it because of his arm and because he's got a dissability pension, it also gives my kids something to do while I'm shovelling and it gives me some much needed exercise :P

Eat that :) I LOVE SNOW!!! :lol:

Edit: By 'he' I meant my husband ;) For some reason I just assumed everyone would know who I was talking about :lol: Silly me ;)
Last edited by Mrs Kendall on 2005-11-15 07:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

We got about 3 inches of snow or so but it's not sticking to the road and it came in late morning so they didn't cancel school. Consequently, lots of cold, wet, surly teenagers that wish they didn't have to come in to school that day.
Comando293
Padawan Learner

Post by Comando293 »

I. Want. SNOW!!!!

I live in California, and we will never get snow. *sigh*I miss Maryland.

Great set of pictures by the way.
Avatar courtesy of Alan Bolte and Glimmervoid
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

It started snowing a couple hours ago here. Don't know how much will stay on the ground, but hopefully we'll actually have a white Christmas this year.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

brianeyci wrote:I didn't buy any fucking winter boots yet. The one from last year was totalled.

I agree with Temjin. Snow is an annoyance unless you're a little kid or have kids. It adds travel time, dogs can shit all over the place and you notice it more because everything is white and the shit stands out, and there's yellow snow everywhere. Plus it's fucking cold. Did I mention cold.

Yes I grew up in Toronto, I was born in Canada, doesn't mean I have to like snow :twisted:.

Brian
Indeed. Now that I'm too old to get a kick out of playing in the snow, I'm really getting sick of Canadian winters. God, I hate the cold.

I was pretty annoyed when I saw snow today. Got a nice shoefull of slush on the way home.

Yeah, I'm a grumpy old bastard, I know. :P
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

observer_20000 wrote:
brianeyci wrote:I didn't buy any fucking winter boots yet. The one from last year was totalled.

Brian
Indeed. Now that I'm too old to get a kick out of playing in the snow, I'm really getting sick of Canadian winters. God, I hate the cold.

I was pretty annoyed when I saw snow today. Got a nice shoefull of slush on the way home.

Yeah, I'm a grumpy old bastard, I know. :P
Just wait till you have kids, you'll learn to love the snow again when you see the looks on their faces when they see it for the first time ;)