The Completely Unsanctioned Unofficial SW vs SG pics thread.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

lPeregrine
Jedi Knight

Post by lPeregrine »

Hm, I suppose I could use a challenge... does anyone know where I can find some decent stargate ship meshes, preferably a fighter or two?
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister »

lPeregrine wrote:Hm, I suppose I could use a challenge... does anyone know where I can find some decent stargate ship meshes, preferably a fighter or two?
One place you might get some if any is scifi meshes.com this is the link:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/?
Good luck! :wink:
ImageImage

Visit my site:
------------------------------------------
http://scifiverse.tk/
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

lPeregrine wrote:Hm, I suppose I could use a challenge... does anyone know where I can find some decent stargate ship meshes, preferably a fighter or two?
Try this LINKa or this LINKe

Sci-Fi Meshes search for Death Glider.
Image Image
lPeregrine
Jedi Knight

Post by lPeregrine »

Scifi-Meshes was the first place I looked, but unfortunately they haven't put their mesh database back up after a site upgrade. Which is pretty annoying, because they normally have a lot of high quality models.

As for the google search, I've tried it, and haven't found any actually posted for download. Lots of people talk about them or show off their work, but most don't ever release it to the public (just like most 3d artists).

Maybe if I get lucky and something shows up I might do an image. But "interesting challenge" isn't enough to motivate me to spend 3 months working on building my own model to my standards of perfection.
Red Star
Padawan Learner

Post by Red Star »

just pissing around with adobe
I become death, destroyer of worlds.

Rule 37: "There is no 'Overkill.' There is only 'Open Fire' and 'I Need to Reload.'"
Schlock Mercenary
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister »

^Is that ship Slave-1?

Whatever shipo it is cool pic! :)
ImageImage

Visit my site:
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Thats a B-wing, did you even watch ROTJ?
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Roffle, confusable:

Slave-1

B-Wing
By His Word...
Red Star
Padawan Learner

Post by Red Star »

how the hell can you confuse a B-wing with Slave One, my pic isn't that bad :oops:

Rule 37: "There is no 'Overkill.' There is only 'Open Fire' and 'I Need to Reload.'"
Schlock Mercenary
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Red Star wrote:how the hell can you confuse a B-wing with Slave One, my pic isn't that bad :oops:
No, its actually pretty good. Don't mind Punk, he didn't know what an SSD was either.

One comment though: I think the torpedo spread from that B-Wing is a bit too wide, especially considering the proximity of the ship.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

WTF? How the flying fucking fuck does one manage to confuse a B-Wing with a fucking Firespray!!?

/me thinks someone hasn't even SEEN Star Wars!
Image Image
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

to be fair, we only see them for about 30 seconds before the hyperspace jump to Endor. Someone not looking for them certainly wouldn't remember them.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister »

Utsanomiko wrote:Roffle, confusable:

Slave-1

B-Wing

The shapes can indeed be a bit confusing especially when is a ship that makes such a brief appearance AT ROTJ :shock:

And I never said the pic was bad! Quite the contrary is pretty awesome...
Last edited by PunkMaister on 2005-11-21 10:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Visit my site:
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Qwerty 42 wrote:to be fair, we only see them for about 30 seconds before the hyperspace jump to Endor. Someone not looking for them certainly wouldn't remember them.
And after, as the fighters rush toward DSII. They're a prominent part of the fleet; I'm not sure how someone could miss them.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister »

Surlethe wrote:
Qwerty 42 wrote:to be fair, we only see them for about 30 seconds before the hyperspace jump to Endor. Someone not looking for them certainly wouldn't remember them.
And after, as the fighters rush toward DSII. They're a prominent part of the fleet; I'm not sure how someone could miss them.
The only ships that I remember well from that scene on the rebel's side are the mon-calamari battle cruisers, the Y-wings and x-Wing fighters and the Falcon.
ImageImage

Visit my site:
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

THIS is CNN

Children of the Ancients
I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.
Red Star
Padawan Learner

Post by Red Star »

^^^^^^^^
That Is the best pic yet!

:twisted: Who's Yo DADDY :twisted:

Schlock Mercenary
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister »

Jaepheth wrote:THIS is CNN
That pic is just unbelievably awesome and funny!
It would be great if one could make an animated GIF for the letters at the bottom so one could read the whole terrifying caption! :twisted:
Last edited by PunkMaister on 2005-11-26 02:37pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Visit my site:
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

I don't remember Slave-I having those verticle fins on the "wings". Were they just added for the Firespray in Galaxies?
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Manus Celer Dei wrote:I don't remember Slave-I having those verticle fins on the "wings". Were they just added for the Firespray in Galaxies?
Probably, especially when you consider that the Slave-1 was heavily modified from the original Firespray model.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

I think they're just bits of the maneuvering wings fliupped up separately. It could be due to being an old render when the space expansion was announced; it was the clearest image I could find at that moment.

And Punky Brewster didn't need to inline them; I indirectly linked them because a side-by-side 150kb comparison wasn't necessary; they're very clearly different, with entirely different shapes for their main bodies and cockpit arrangements. It's not so much that the B-wing was hardly seen in Ep VI, but how easily viewable the Slave 1 is in II & V that one shouldn't mistake the spindly B-wing for it.

Oh well. :roll: :P
By His Word...