Do you own a cell-phone? If so, what kind?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Do you own a cell-phone? If so, what kind?

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Me, I own a Sony Ericsson T300, an ugly piece of shit but it works.

Previously I owned a 3330, and before that 3210 and before that a 1610.

What I would like to upgrade to is this:

I'm just waiting for the price to go down.

How about you?
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

A Nokia 3100 and I'm happy.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

A Sony Ericsson z500a, and I can't wait to replace it.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

I own an LG VX3200 (way more link than you really need.) It has the benefit of doing one thing extremely well . . . i.e. being a phone with some other personal organizer things and basic tools. Don't need that camera crap (in fact, as I work at a site that does defense and export-controlled business, cameras aren't permitted without manager approval and a form from Security,) MP3s, games, or any of those other 32,768 ways cellphone companies have invented to waste obscene amounts of user time.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Being horribly superficial, I have a Motorola V3. Because it's sexy. So very sexy.

And slow. And uses appalling software to sync with my PC. And now days every bastard has one! ;)

Hey... I used to have an old SE 300 too.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Sony Ericsson z600. It looks decent and it does well what it has to do.

Though seeing that V3, I may consider an early upgrade :shock: [Trekkie]Can you flip it open, TOS-style ?[/Trekkie]

Before that, it was an ancient brick with a single-line monochrome display and a huge plastic antenna. A Siemens something-or-other hand-me-down in vomit-green :?
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

A blue one.

It's a Nokia 3310, I think. I've had it for five years or something, maybe more. I don't use it very much.
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

I have the Nokia 6230I. My first nokia and my first love affair with a mobile phone.
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Seimens c65, It does what I need it to do, and thats all I need.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Ericsson R310s
Best phone Ever!

SonyEricsson K700i
It is soso but the radio is nice.
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

A little blue Nokia, with a colour screen.
I'm trying to upgrade for free, especially since a friend of mine got a RAZR v3 for free :shock:
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

My phone is a LG VX6100 which one thing for sure has a really crappy camera on it compared to others. Also I'm not sure about other phones but this one also likes to be easily nicked just by hitting it on a hard surface.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord of the Farce »

I used to use a Nokia 6610 (not 6610i, which has a camera). But recently, I brought myself the O2 Xphone II Smartphone. A pretty good phone with a lot of nice features (even if it takes almost a minute to startup from complete power off) especially since I got it, a Motorola HS850 bluetooth headset, a good quality protective cover for the screen, as well as a 128MB miniSD card, for about AUD$450.
"Intelligent Design" Not Accepted by Most Scientists
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

An O2 X1i, only cheap and slightly smaller than my old trusty Nokia 3310. My bro is on contract though and has three phones, all Sony-Ericsson of which one will be mine someday when he bothers to bring one down. His new one has a funky flight simulator on it and a 2 megapixel camera.
Mad
Jedi Council Member

Post by Mad »

I have a LG VX6000. Decent phone. Nice MIDI playback for a number of MIDIs I've uploaded onto the phone.

Picture quality for the camera is hit-and-miss. Sometimes it takes really good pictures, sometimes it takes really crappy ones. Good lighting seems to make all the difference in the world.

It's an older phone, though. Limited to 20 pictures at a time. 1.5 megs of total storage.

As time has passed, it's gotten harder to get reception in my own home. Though other places work great. There's this really weird problem where if I receive a call at my house, I'm likely to drop the call within 15 seconds. Then, while sitting in the same spot, I can call back the person and talk as long as I want with no problem.
Later...
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Mine's Nokia 6020.
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Motorola V600 - I'm trying not to upgrade mine for a while, I reckon that getting a new phone every time I've had a contract for a year isn't exactly the most sensible thing in the world when there isn't much wrong with the one I've got. It rings people, it has games I never play and a camera I never use, I see little point in upgrading to get a bunch of other features I'll never use.

That said, it's wearing down after just over a year and a half. Don't make em like they used to.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

Siemens M65.
InnocentBystander
The Russian Circus

Post by InnocentBystander »

An LG UX3200, I had to take out the battery to find this out. It's the worst phone I've had, calls drop commonly, it's battery life leaves much to be desired, and it has basically no features, save a calendar and calculator. :(
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

HDS: Don't bother with the Razr unless you really want something that looks good but has shit features. The new black and pink ones add nothing but a different fascia for more money and they are overpriced for what you get as it is.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:HDS: Don't bother with the Razr unless you really want something that looks good but has shit features. The new black and pink ones add nothing but a different fascia for more money and they are overpriced for what you get as it is.
But...but...it's so pretty...

Look at the pretty!!
A-Wing_Slash
Padawan Learner

Post by A-Wing_Slash »

Nokia 6101. Its great.
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

I went through several GSM phones trying to find the ideal one with a loud (I'm hard of hearing) earpiece and ring volume and good reception and battery life.

Ones I've tried and didn't like:
Motorola V180
Motorola V220

Ones I liked but sold because I have too many phones:
Nokia 3595
Ericsson t39

Ones I still have:
Nokia 6010
Nokia 1100
Ericsson t28
Motorola V551
Samsung x427m
Motorola C195

The Nokia 3595 and 6010 are basically the same phone and were ideal except that I prefer a flip. If you need a solid inexpensive basic bar phone, look no further than these Nokias.

The Nokia 1100 is small for a bar phone but lacks the loud volume and ringtones of its bigger brothers, but it has a flashlight built in. :lol:

The Samsung x427m is a far better basic flip than the Moto v180 or v220.
Also, unlike Motorola, Samsung has their PC sync software available as a free download.

The Moto V551 isn't as small as the Samsung, but it has more features, decent earpiece volume, and a bigger color display coupled with an outside LCD caller ID display.

The Moto C195 is a Mexican market (telcel) phone that I got for dirt cheap from a guy on fleabay after some hassle and works OK.
It's about as small as the Nokia 1100.

Anyone needs a phone, make me an offer. :lol:
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
gizmojumpjet
Padawan Learner

Post by gizmojumpjet »

I've got a Motorola V300. When I got it I was thinking that I'd use the camera phone option, but I hardly ever do. The one feature it does have that I really like is the voice-dial feature. I don't know how common this feature is now, as I haven't looked at phones lately. Sooner or later I'll drop this one in a toilet. Then it's on, baby.

I think what I'd like most is less features and more connectivity and battery life.
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

Sony Ericsson K750i. Quite pleased with it.