Pick's Last Pic of the Thread (p10)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Story update!

Since I'm in the process of reformatting everything (:luv: Thanks, Dooey!) to make the text be all nice and stuff, I'm just uploading a black and white beast for the partial on chapter 2 until I've got things a bit better worked out :wink:

Still, for everyone curious what's up in DC...

In which we get a taste of things to come!
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!

*wades in*
JADAFETWA
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Whoa! Just, wow.

All read! All read now!
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Ahahahaha! Shader rocks! What a sweetheart. :)

And Edge gets even better. That was one specatularly gruesome execution. :twisted:
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

QUICK CH2 SPOILER IMAGE

Here

:wink: Glad you guys are liking this thus far! :D I'll confess, this part was probably the most difficult to decide how to do :?. I think it's a function of how important early development is since I need to carefully establish the original standard for all of them so that changes that occur later have some sort of context.

God, I love Shader. He's one of my favorite three characters (total, not only of currently introduced.)
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Ooh, that's gonna leave a mark!
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Finished. :D

Wow, that was great. I've never seen anyone have a character do something so villianous, and then still carry him as a likeable guy. I suppose it comes largely from Shader's point of view. :wink:
Very well executed.
(Tee he, a pun!) :P
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Well, an Orwellian thought-control state Vs. a state of psychotic cannibals.

My my, dear, you do have such a morbid imagination. I approve.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thanks everybody for keeping up with the story so far! I'll try to get more done soon that will really begin the bulk of the story (for instance, introduction to Hyral, Kesyl, Verdigris, Umber, Desunius, Darius... and the developments on Good's side which never quit either.) Edge is really cute, isn't he? :lol: Well, I think he's cute :P

Yes, Duchess,Good and Evil both operate under ideals I don't agree with, which makes it fun. I don't intend to particularly make one sound better than the other, though I'm sure things will sneak in. :lol:

------------------------

NEW ART!

Oooohhhh gods of all the things I need to draw, this was... so low on the list that it really isn't on the list. But I drew it anyway. This is definitly a flashback, and from a waaaays back. Younger Desunius and younger-but-not-as-young-as-a-ratio-to-current-age Umber. Desunius tied Umber's hair up in a bow and then 'jacked his coat, since it's cold and her outfit's totally inappropriate for the weather (not that Umber's is a good choice either) :wink:. I don't know, it just kind of came off the end of my pencil, and I like it a lot, even though it's just silliness :oops:.

Features a hackground, that is, a hack background. I didn't really care to make it elaborate, so nyah nyah nyah. Done mostly in Opencanvas 4, though it was drawn and inked in traditional media.

Characters (c) Me, etc. etc.

Good God Umber's pale!
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I'm running out of synonyms for excellent, Pick. :wink:

The figures don't quite match the background in terms of resolution and texture, as you noted. But Umber and Desunius are brilliant. :)
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I really like it, because there's someone almost as pale as me in it. Uh, a nice pointy way to describe this . . .

Wow! this is so hot it melts the sun!
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Desunius seems like really charming company on the surface, though I suppose she eats people too, and dating the female version of Hannibal Lecter is something you do only once and then run away fast and keep on running for a long time.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thanks Noble Ire and Ford Prefect! I'm glad people like it :luv:

And thank you too, Duchess :D. Truth be told though, Umber's just as liable to have people's flesh on the menu as Desunius is. He doesn't look nearly as Evil as most, but a lot of that can be put down to how light he is; nevertheless, his extreme lack of pigmentation is actually as much a trait of Evil as Edge's horns or Verdigris' spikes :). And they can both be pretty friendly at times, though Umber is, for the most part, a jackass.

Also, to everybody now, what/who would you like to see me sketch from my set of characters? I'm in an artsy mood.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Pick wrote:Thanks Noble Ire and Ford Prefect! I'm glad people like it :luv:

And thank you too, Duchess :D. Truth be told though, Umber's just as liable to have people's flesh on the menu as Desunius is. He doesn't look nearly as Evil as most, but a lot of that can be put down to how light he is; nevertheless, his extreme lack of pigmentation is actually as much a trait of Evil as Edge's horns or Verdigris' spikes :). And they can both be pretty friendly at times, though Umber is, for the most part, a jackass.
Oh, that's absolutely no surprise at all. We know that Desunius and Edge are cannibals and it would further extend by inference that the whole of the leadership of Syvoria engages in at least ritual cannibalism. Brings a whole new meaning to eating at Azteca..
Also, to everybody now, what/who would you like to see me sketch from my set of characters? I'm in an artsy mood.
We've seen more of the leaders of Syvoria than not; shall we go back to the Shining City Upon the Hill and take a look at their opponents? Starting with the drillmaster from Chapter One so easily flattered by Edge, since I don't think we've seen her yet.

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

We've seen more of the leaders of Syvoria than not; shall we go back to the Shining City Upon the Hill and take a look at their opponents? Starting with the drillmaster from Chapter One so easily flattered by Edge, since I don't think we've seen her yet.
Indeed, they do seem a bit under represented so far in your works. I'm curious to see varied traits the forces of good bear, beyond the current group.
The Rift
The Jazz Intern
Padawan Learner

Post by The Jazz Intern »

:shock: Every time I come in here, I'm so Impressed I think of printing out photos and making a mini shrine.
Sweet....
WWDD What would dogbert do?
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thanks everyone, and for the record (since Jazz brought it up and I've been asked before elsewhere) anyone's free to print off my pictures and whatnot as long as my signature is not removed. I mean... within reason I don't give a damn :lol:. In fact, it's rather flattering.

----

And now, Duchess, your wish is my command! And Ire's too, I suppose, but anyway...! :P

Little gender signs because... they're often necessary :wink:

Here is Bemia, my least developed character on Good's side so far in existence :wink:. In fact, this was the first time I'd ever even drawn her. She's a Basal Key. The Basal Keys are the four primary servants of the Monarch, if I haven't mentioned that before. As a minor aside, there's always four. They operate as generals, pretty much. Bemia's older than Kamina and Zixer. Her hair is light blue.

Here are Kamina and Hoquer. They are together quite a bit *wink wink nudge nudge*. The little rectangles in Kamina's skin change color depending on her mood somewhat like a cuttlefish. Her hair is pink! She has horns, but they are blunt and pretty (and the little round things on them glow, wheehee!) I've already talked about Hoquer, but as a summary: silvery, extremely powerful, very old.

And an individual of Kamina:

Here is Selia, the Monarch on Llanlleia. She's fond of piercings and has eyes that tend to make people slightly uncomfortable. The last three fingers on both of her hands have fused. Her hands are gray. She also has double ears, as one can see :). She is quite possibly the cleverest of the characters on Good's side. The country does well under her care. Her hair is white.

Zixer is a notorious hardass. Through his sheer dedication, he's managed to raise himself to the level of Basal Key at a stunningly young age (which is still not "young" :wink: ). His hair is green! His eyes are gone now, so he has two synthetic eyes (one main, one auxilliary) to help him out. His hands are also webbed, which he finds highly inconvenient. He also tends to dribble out of the side of his mouth, and his saliva is quite toxic. Yes, he's still teased about it :). Chances are extremely good that he would become Monarch if Selia were to die.

Here are Fvier, Caia, and Nozomia. Fvier has already been introduced as Alder's friend, Caia is a high instructor in the Construct Arena (with character tie to Ryvara), and Nozomia hasn't been introduced yet --but will be 8). Fvier and Nozomia both do not carry governmental positions.

Oh, by the way, yes, Fvier's name is a bit of an outlier, isn't it? I ... kind of hope at least someone by now has noticed that all Llanleian male's names end in "er" and all the women's names end in "a" and usually "ia".

Can't have too much Umber! :twisted:

Just to remind everyone he's actually not very good looking in the story currently :lol:!... though I did forget his horns again :?

Oh, just because someone might ask, no, Umber was never a Llanlleian/fought for Llanlleia, whatever (since I brough up the name thing.)
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Zixer is a very interesting looking character, and even just these sketches seem to convey a good deal about his personality. Can Llanlleians adapt their body structure depending on what their role in life is? Or are their traits simply inborn and random? A bit of an odd question, I suppose...
Anyways, I look forward to reading about him. And I have been wondering what a Basal Key was for a while, since you keep on mentioning the position.
The Rift
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:Zixer is a very interesting looking character, and even just these sketches seem to convey a good deal about his personality.
Yep, yep! Actually, I tried to make all of these pictures representative of the respective character's personalities insofar as one tiny sketch can capture (consider it me trying to give them the proper first impressions :wink:.) Well, Caia's isn't completely at the moment, but it's one factor of her nature, certainly. She's not as easily characterized as some others (I like her quite a bit.)
Can Llanlleians adapt their body structure depending on what their role in life is? Or are their traits simply inborn and random? A bit of an odd question, I suppose...
Actually, that's a really, really, really good question :). Traits develop depending on your actions/motivations toward Good and Evil. Also, no --you have no control over which traits you gain other than the fact that Evil will spurn different kinds of traits than Good will (for instance, why silver horns would be okay in Llanlleia, but red and black ones wouldn't, or why claws would be bad where thick, spaded fingernails wouldn't.) Zixer, for instance, would never choose to drool poison if he could avoid it. Talk about curbing your love life, eh :o? Role in life has no effect. The traits that different individuals can/will develop depend on their family background. For instance, no matter how Evil he might get, Alder would never get bony spikes like Verdigris; no matter how Good Verdigris might get, she would never have multicolored eyes like Alder.
Anyways, I look forward to reading about him. And I have been wondering what a Basal Key was for a while, since you keep on mentioning the position.
Yes, the Basal Keys are essentially comparable to the Councilors, but not :mrgreen:!
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

So the forces behind the two nations are not cynical manipulation but related to the function of the universe, or at least to the function of the thaumaturgical arts as they are applied in these lands?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:So the forces behind the two nations are not cynical manipulation but related to the function of the universe, or at least to the function of the thaumaturgical arts as they are applied in these lands?
Hmm... somewhere around "not exactly" with a leaning toward "no." Hard to explain, and too much explanation leads straight down the path to extremely massive spoilers. :) However, as complicated it might seem (or eventually seem), it's probably actually more complicated even that that :wink:. Or maybe it's not. I'll still consider it difficult to explain.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

No, I promise, the scene does not end where I stopped. Nevertheless, I've gotten quite a few pages done and I'd rather all interest didn't die. :P Thank God I'm finally getting out of the tedious background stuff... soon. :wink:

In which we meet lots of people!

I need to go through it again (since I just finishing writing most of it just now and it's 2:30 AM) but oh well!
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Is Desunius actually in charge of Syvoria or is there a higher sovereign? Also, are their titles the names of places? I was sort of assuming so.

Nice work in setting their character, regardless. They're an amusing group for a savage, bloodthirsty lot. And Desunius has a bit of Vader in her in a less.. Methodical.. Way.

Anyway, there was one sentence which seemed total nonsense, I'll post it another post here once I go back and find it.

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Very good, as always. :)

I really like how your establishing your characters, quite original.
Edge's character is becoming increasingly interesting as well; I can't wait to see how he relates to the other Councilors. I enjoyed the exlcamations as well. :wink:
The Rift
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:Is Desunius actually in charge of Syvoria or is there a higher sovereign? Also, are their titles the names of places? I was sort of assuming so.
The Council rules Syvoria, and all councilors are supposedly equal in power. There's no greater monarch, like Llanlleia has. Llanlleians, however, lacking a council system, don't really appreciate the title of "councilor" as much as "Queen", "King", "Prince", etc. Therefore, they give their own titles to important (scary) Syvorians to give it more of a punch.
Nice work in setting their character, regardless. They're an amusing group for a savage, bloodthirsty lot. And Desunius has a bit of Vader in her in a less.. Methodical.. Way.
I think Desunius is kind of funny :lol:.
Anyway, there was one sentence which seemed total nonsense, I'll post it another post here once I go back and find it.
:wink: I know, a couple sentences in there are awful! I went through and proofread this morning. I'll update the new version of it once I'm done (and have a few more pages, since they write much more quickly now that I have a weekend.) I really have no idea why I posted it without doing so, but I'm going to blame random impaired judgement (which is also responsible for some really weird word choices I've been fixing.)

And Ire, yes, Edge is quite an interesting bugger :P. He definitely carries an extremely heavy tie to why the Council's composition isn't usual (even by Syvorian standards.) Glad you enjoyed it!

Any more things people want me to sketch by the way? :P

(edit- actually, minor new version with at least some of the most horrible mistakes fixed. I tend to run into problems when I change sentence structures in terms on consistency. Go me! :wink: )
Last edited by Pick on 2005-11-25 07:15pm, edited 1 time in total.