Do you own a cell-phone? If so, what kind?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I have a... uh... phone.

I hardly use it, but it generally works. I belive it has many features, but I only really use the text and phonecall ones.

Call me old-fashioned, but I have a phone to phone people. If I want a camera, I'll buy a camera.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

Vanas wrote: Call me old-fashioned, but I have a phone to phone people. If I want a camera, I'll buy a camera.
I find the camera handy as I like to take pictures, and it saves me carrying my proper camera around everywhere and risking it getting damaged. Now I only need it when I want really good pictures.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Vanas wrote:I have a... uh... phone.

I hardly use it, but it generally works. I belive it has many features, but I only really use the text and phonecall ones.

Call me old-fashioned, but I have a phone to phone people. If I want a camera, I'll buy a camera.
Quoted for accuracy. I have a Nokia 3310 which rarely gets used as anything other than a phone.
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Motorola Razr, black. So, so shiny. And expensive as fuck. I could have bought an Xbox 360 core system for how much I paid for the damn phone.

That said, I still love the thing, not just because of the shininess, but the looks you can get from people when you pull it out. :lol:
InnocentBystander
The Russian Circus

Post by InnocentBystander »

Losonti Tokash wrote:That said, I still love the thing, not just because of the shininess, but the looks you can get from people when you pull it out. :lol:
That look, by the way, is people thinking "Haha, you got ripped off!" :P
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

InnocentBystander wrote:That look, by the way, is people thinking "Haha, you got ripped off!" :P
Doubtless this is true. But, to me at least, it's more than balanced by all the barely concealed jealousy that my peers are filled with. :P
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

The RAZR doesn't even look that good after a quick Google search. *shrug*

My phone is the kind that you press in numbers and it lets you talk to people. And stuff.

In seriousness, I have an AudioVOX 8910 Camera Phone. Apparently I'm the only one with that brand of phone. But it works well enough for me and while the pictures aren't the greatest, they do work for me in the rare instance I need to take them.

I can also talk for 160 minutes between battery charges. :D Not that I'd need to, but it's nice to know it's there.

"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Crazy_Vasey
Jedi Council Member

Post by Crazy_Vasey »

Mine's a Sendo something or other. I really don't know what model it is and in all honesty I don't care too much. It lets me talk to people and, when I feel machoistic for some reason, send text messages. It has a really, really shitty built in camera though, I know that much.
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

Black V3 RAZR. It's more than decent for what you can get in America outside of Chinatown - in reflection I should have bought a phone from there or taken one over from Hong Kong since a 750i would also make me happy - but the RAZR's ability to fit in any type of pocket without bludging it should not be underestiminated.

I personally would wait for the V3x 3G RAZR instead of getting the old one with the VGA camera and all that, but then it all depends on money. Please recall that with a service plan you could probably get the phone free. I got mine for $250 but with service, of course :)
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

I own one of those cheap prepaid Virgin Mobile phones. Specifically the Nokia Shorty model. It does what I need to for the most part, so I'm fine with it.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

General Zod wrote:I own one of those cheap prepaid Virgin Mobile phones. Specifically the Nokia Shorty model. It does what I need to for the most part, so I'm fine with it.
Same here. I have a Kyocera K7 Rave. The only reason I still have it is because it has a powerful flashlight on it.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Some sort of Samsung. I like it, even if the maximum-setting 'thermonuclear-blast' ring is a little underwhelming...
Image Image
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Nokia 3200. Notable features: Transparent case, cheap as fuck, flashlight.

I'm planning to upgrade to a Nokia N70 when the telco I work for launches 3G so I'm current on all the features.

MSN Messenger on your phone!
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Dalton wrote:
General Zod wrote:I own one of those cheap prepaid Virgin Mobile phones. Specifically the Nokia Shorty model. It does what I need to for the most part, so I'm fine with it.
Same here. I have a Kyocera K7 Rave. The only reason I still have it is because it has a powerful flashlight on it.
Kyocera makes mobiles...?
Who knew...

Anyways, I have a Sony Ericsson T610, and my company bestowed a Nokia 6230i on me. I may get a new personal mobile, as I can extend my contract. I'd like to have the Nokia Communicator, but it doesn't support UMTS, which is kinda unfortunate. I may wait for the Sony Ericsson P990i...
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Sony Ericsson z500a

but I want to switch to Sprint/Nextel and get one of those walkie talkie phones....seeing as most of my friends have the walkie talkie phones.
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

It has a decent battery, and a camera. I wouldn't call the camera decent, but I hardly ever use it so it's a nice bonus for those times when you need some kind of camera.

Here are the specifications;

Dimensions: 3.25" x 1.75" x 0.9".
Weight: 3.1 oz.
Continuous digital talk time: up to 3.5 hours.*
Standby Time: up to 200 hours.*
Color: Silver.
Main Display: 128 x 160, TFT, 65K color display.
Mode: Dual Band (900/1900 MHz).
Wireless Protocol: GSM.
Service Provider: T-Mobile.

*Please Note: Standby and talk times will vary depending on phone usage patterns and conditions. Battery power consumption depends on factors such as network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, frequency of calls, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns.
Milites Astrum Exterminans
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

RAZR V3 and a Nokia 8210. Am waiting for significant imode coverage and service before even considering a new one.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

The V3 is really pretty appalling for the price: crap internal memory, crap processor, crap camera, crap software, crap battery. In AU the coverage and sound quality is good, though, and I'm just so fucking superficial I love it anyway. :)

Flash has a Nokia... the newish symbian one. I think its a 3230 or something? Nice phone.
Flash
Padawan Learner

Post by Flash »

Yeah, it's a 3230. One of these:

I love it. The battery lasts ages, nice big bright screen, and the sound quality is pretty good. It's got a decent camera in it as well (well, for a phone).
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Motorola V180
(Not mine, but a stock photo. But I even have the same color shell piece so it might as well be)
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Now I know why the Razr sounded familier, worked with it all summer.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

NEC 340i.

It's a decent phone, and due to contract, I've got it for another 18 months.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Dorsk 81
Sith Devotee

Post by Dorsk 81 »

I've got a Nokia 7250i, before that I had a 3310, but someone broke its screen by sitting on my lap when it was in my pocket, hence the upgrade. Before that I had a 3210, which I loved, I used to own Snake on that thing, but the screen on that one went too, without anyone sitting on it though.
"I would, for instance, fellate a smurf before I pick death." Dylan Moran
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
EBC's Devonian Deviant | GALE's Supplementary Bi Brit | BoTM's Raw Recruit | GDC's Horny Delphinidae | I'm with RMA | CoIB
Max
Jedi Knight

Post by Max »

Treo 650

...but now I'm thinking of getting the PPC-6700.
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Sony Ericsson T237, which came free with my contract. It's decent enough, I suppose, but nothing particularily flashy.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961