Most potentially dangerous "all out" characters

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

m.castaldo
Youngling

Post by m.castaldo »

Of course the point here being that, even before he got all ubered, he was still a powerhouse, able to transmute pretty much any inorganics. Hell, he could have turned the Thing's blue underoo's into some sort of super nitroglycerin and blasted his rocky ass in half.
Darth Sephiroth
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Sephiroth »

General Zod wrote:Also, Bun-Bun from sluggy freelance. He was able to come pretty damn close to taking over the universe, sans a deus ex machinae.
You mean Deus-Eggs-Machina...
Need Backup!
My Employer ID is: 29877
See the New Imperium (Please check this out we need people there)
Kenoshi
Youngling

Post by Kenoshi »

DEATH wrote:
Amazo from the Justice League cartoon
Erm, he is portrtayed as unstoppable, it's not as if he would get a boost by copying Supermans powers :P.
In his first appearance that's how he got so unstoppable in the first place: by mimicing the powers of the whole JLA, Superman being the last. Then he headed off into space and picked up more powers from God knows what.

A character that can so perfectly adapt like that is nothing but trouble. Come to think of it Doomsday is bad news in a similar manner...he can't be defeated the same way twice (if my memory serves me).
I like frogs!
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Kenoshi wrote:
DEATH wrote:
Amazo from the Justice League cartoon
Erm, he is portrtayed as unstoppable, it's not as if he would get a boost by copying Supermans powers :P.
In his first appearance that's how he got so unstoppable in the first place: by mimicing the powers of the whole JLA, Superman being the last. Then he headed off into space and picked up more powers from God knows what.
I Know, that's the reason I made the joke, the powers of the JLA were only part of the ladder for him, and he could combine everything.
A character that can so perfectly adapt like that is nothing but trouble. Come to think of it Doomsday is bad news in a similar manner...he can't be defeated the same way twice (if my memory serves me).
He can, but he gets more resistant to it and is unkillable, he can adapt to energy, damage, kinetic damage, specific weaknesses etc...

The Fury (Captain Britain- Jaspers Warp stroyline) however is even more dangerous, it survived the utter annihalation of a universe (To contain the threat of the first weaker Jim Jaspers) then adapted inter universal travel so as to hunt down it's target, once there it decided to kill the practicall omnipotent reality warper "Mad Jim Jaspers" who would not be defeated even by the destruction of his universe, and molded reality into anything he wanted and was unkillable, indestructible and slightly annoyed by having his body redeced to a pile of micro-ash.

It Beat him.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Storm's power is tied to her emotional state..... and when Amul Faroke used to hide in her for a while, she could do the impossible, like when she caused a catagory 5 storm to form in Latveria. (land locked Slavic nation)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Yosemite Bear

PS one of these years I will have to write down that story on how Raven (of the Titans) could beat Doomsday perminatly......

if fact the more that was revealed the more I could point out that there is excellent biological, and kryptonian weakness against magic reasons why this should work....

mind you my method would never be accepted by the comics code, and if I mentioned it Tevar would pummel me severly.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

The Yosemite Bear wrote:PS one of these years I will have to write down that story on how Raven (of the Titans) could beat Doomsday perminatly......
if fact the more that was revealed the more I could point out that there is excellent biological, and kryptonian weakness against magic reasons why this should work....
Doomsady doesn't have magical weaknesses, what is this magic method? Teleporting him to the end/start of time or a black hole :P :roll:
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
The Yosemite Bear

short answer what is the nature of Raven's power? Empathy, teleportation and life force manipulation (she been shown to steal as well as give)

What emotions does doomsday feel, what emotions has he never known

With his genetic imperitive to survive at all costs what has he never occomplished. How would occomplishing that neutralize his powers somewhat?

give you a hint Read arabian nights and the lady and the lion....

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Adam WArlock could do Raven one better, he is the only being in the multiverse who can stare down Thanos.
Photography
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

The Yosemite Bear wrote: What emotions does doomsday feel, what emotions has he never known
Not much, he does seem to be just a mindless engine. If he DID have emotions, then hell, Ghost Rider and the Pennance Stare would KO him pretty easily
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

NeoGoomba wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote: What emotions does doomsday feel, what emotions has he never known
Not much, he does seem to be just a mindless engine. If he DID have emotions, then hell, Ghost Rider and the Pennance Stare would KO him pretty easily
All Doomsday has in mind is to kill, kill, kill. But his mind was strong enough in that he was fighting Brainiac's control of his mind.

As for the OP, I'd choose SA Supes with his sword. :)

Or Lobo, or Parrallax. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

As for the OP, I'd choose SA Supes with his sword. Smile
Parrallax
All where going all out, and beat everyone that was not omnipotent/powered by The God of DC.
Lobo gives all he has anyway, he uses every dirty trick in the book (If he hadn't eaten it)
Photography
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Kenoshi wrote:
Actually, it was Martian Manhunter that was last, giving him telepathy and allowing him to see how Luthor was tricking him. He'd already absorbed Superman's powers, and somehow overcome the inherited vulnerability to Kryptonite.
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

have always thought that “phaser's” like Shadowcat are under rated though not to the universe crushing level of some of the others mentioned.

Shadowcat in the X-men Evolution cartoon phased Juggernaut up to his neck in a block of solid concrete and left him there, which could be very dangerous to a normal person particularly if she phased there head in as well. Also she once left her toothbrush inside Beast when phasing through him, if she used that power offecivly she could phase through some one with no physical way for them to stop her (TK would still be a problem) and drop a knife in there heart.
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

Referencing Storm again, her powers go beyond weather alteration. In one particular comic she pulls a stunt like the cartoon version does transforming her clothing into her X-men costume. She says by using her powers over electricity (lightning) she can control the electrons in the clothing and mess with them to alter her clothing into her X-men costume.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

avatarxprime wrote:She says by using her powers over electricity (lightning) she can control the electrons in the clothing and mess with them to alter her clothing into her X-men costume.
If refernecing electricity, apart from Magneto being able to influence every force on the EM spectrum (Heat, electricity etc...), a potential menace is:
Elektro, on the few times he has a brain (He's apparently been traumatized by being beaten up by Spidey so much) he can rape Spiderman, control electrons to make surfaces frictionless, destroy massive prisons etc...
The Spiderman cartoon once had a "No holds barred" Elektro and that version was weaker in every respect compared to what the comic version can do.
Marvel knights had a story recently with Dr.Ock cluing Elketro in to what he could do, although that was forgotten since Spiderman had no fucking chance whatsoever against uber Elektro.
Photography
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Does the Luggage count?