Improbable tanks. UPDATE. MKIII with another new tank!!!!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Red Star
Padawan Learner

Post by Red Star »

Your Self propelled artillery looks like a mobile AA gun, with big badass guns, real sweat!

Do you have a front view of the IFV 45?
I become death, destroyer of worlds.

Rule 37: "There is no 'Overkill.' There is only 'Open Fire' and 'I Need to Reload.'"
Schlock Mercenary
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Not yet, but I'll draw one up for ya.
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

I wonder how that thing can keep still when firing all its guns.

It can't on the move, but when in a firing position the chassis ant tracks keep it in place just fine :D .
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Here's the front view of the apc.

Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

TMK, you'd do very well as a conceptual artist for a military and/or science fiction show. :)
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Thanks, thats what I hope to do some day. Some day soon, cause I don't plan on reenlisting so I'll need a job...
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Hey, when're you gonna post the latest update on the HT-72 Terminator?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Maybe today...
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

HT-72 Update

Biggified the hull skirts and the turret!

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

WOW! Just... wow! That's one meanass sumbitch tank you've made there! Yes! Yes! Yes! Buy! Buy! Buy! Jesus, THAT is intimidating! I'm sorry for the bitchass Bragulans who'll be on the recieving end of that WARMACHINE!

POST IT ON THE OZ ART THREAD! POST IT! POST IT! RAAARRR!!! *foams, keels over and starts spasming*

Though could you make the plasma mini-turrets a bit taller, and the main gun a bit thicker? Too bad the gun can't be any longer. Maybe make the missile-launcher a bit boxier? But aside from that, it's perfect! God couldn't have made a better tank.

EDIT:

Sweet Jesus! That tank is so meanass I don't think the previous drawings should be HT-72 variants. THIS is a HT-72K2. Those other tanks could be like HT-70s or something. This is an entirely different beast.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

Hot damn, that fucker looks mean as hell. VERY good job.
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Red Star
Padawan Learner

Post by Red Star »

Your APC looks like one mean mother fucker from the front, but it looks really "different" from the side. Kind of like it can't defend itself from the rear as well as most modern APC's can.

Rule 37: "There is no 'Overkill.' There is only 'Open Fire' and 'I Need to Reload.'"
Schlock Mercenary
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Yeah, that is a problem. I could throw another gun on the turret, one that sits higher to get better coverage over hte back.
Red Star
Padawan Learner

Post by Red Star »

Stupid question, but is the rear part for infantry? If so you wouldn't want to put another turret out the back due to the lack of space.

Sorry if you are offended by this but I just made a little modification maybe you could do something with the front to make it look "smoother".

Also another idea (if you didn't already think about it) the engine would be in the front to save space in the rear for infantry and also added protection in the front (but if this is in your story and they don't have conventional engines, forget about what I said)

Schlock Mercenary
Red Star
Padawan Learner

Post by Red Star »

^^^^^^^
Kind of looks like a Bradley from the side :?

Schlock Mercenary
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Captain tycho wrote:Hot damn, that fucker looks mean as hell. VERY good job.
Hahahahaha! I'm glad you agree. It's the HT-72K2 Terminator main battle tank, bitch! Eighty tons of nuclear-powered, plasma-spewing death! Armored with hyperalloy, ASH gel, ceramics, all on a neo-steel frame. With a 200mm gauss gun, and three plasma mini-turrets capable of vaping light armor or liquifying incoming shells or missiles. Can go as fast as 100 kilometers per hour. A superior comm-link for unmatched combat awareness, plus a personal UARV. Stealth material integrated to the armoring. Optional Concentrated Energy Shield Armor (CESA). A back-mounted Tube-launched Homing or Radio-guided (THOR) missile launcher, with plasma missiles. Flares. Smoke grenades. Active radar. Passive sensors. Magneto-traction treads. Sharp sticks...

God damn, my dick is sore...

Oh yeah, and it's not really low-profile. But who cares when you can disintegrate all the bad guys before they can even see you?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Stupid question, but is the rear part for infantry? If so you wouldn't want to put another turret out the back due to the lack of space.

Sorry if you are offended by this but I just made a little modification maybe you could do something with the front to make it look "smoother".

Also another idea (if you didn't already think about it) the engine would be in the front to save space in the rear for infantry and also added protection in the front (but if this is in your story and they don't have conventional engines, forget about what I said)
I was thinking of putting another gun on the turret, either on top or mounted on the rear of the turret like the old Japanese ww2 tanks.

The back section is a modular cargo system. Interchangeable modules consist of a troop compartment and a hollow cargo compartment that can be further modified for stuff like recovery or mortar carrier.

In all factory standard vehicles, the powerplant whether diesel or fusion is located to the front right or left, depending on customer specs.

I like the armour you added, though it removes the modular capabilities.

Hoipe that clears that up! :)