Pick's Last Pic of the Thread (p10)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
Pick wrote:Adrasteia (Desunius' last name) is a Greek name as well which I believe means "doesn't retreat." If not, I don't care.
Not only are you wrong, but you're wrong because the name actually has a cooler meaning than that. Adrasteia is Greek for inescapable. *grins*
Even better! :mrgreen: I just remembered that it had some sort of connotation that worked well for a warrior, and her last name was rather spur-of-the-moment (they generally are, since I refer to them by their first names which I consider more important.)
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Edge? Villian? Why would you say that ()? Edge is very highly respected in Syvoria, and complies perfectly with the societal values. He is, by Syvorian standards, an excellent guy. He acts within the boundaries of acceptable behavior, is personable, is strong, and is a very good leader. Even if it was openly known what he did to the four other Councilors, he would get at most a tiny bit of flack (mostly for Drex.) All in all, he's very well regarded. Bear in mind, nothing Edge does (except in Umber's case) is really done to hurt anyone else: it's done to help himself.... and selfishness is completely condoned in the Syvorian nation . If you've got the strength to back it up, that is .
Antagonist, then? Foil?
Of course, maybe I am looking at this in the wrong way... :wink:
Besides,...
Edge is quite good at breaking out the cute....
I'm convinced. :wink:
Thank you very much! I've never really tackled a story like this before, so the task is extremely daunting. Knowing that I'm doing it at least decently is very helpful, and I can't stress enough how happy I am you read it. This is the only place I share this story, really (even including IRL) so I really value your comments
It's my pleasure. :)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

LOL, Ire, well... I try not to "label" my characters. They're all contributors to a greater story. Who am I to judge them? I mean, Edge took these children and rescued them from a domineering dictatorship to give them great positions of power and opportunity! On the other hand, he essentially kidnapped these children because he was bored and doesn't give a shit about their welfare. :) Good? Evil? Well, he's certainly Evil, but is he bad? Or what about Alder? A cute kid trapped in a bad situation he was thrust into injustly and trying to be a nice person in the face of adversity? Or another worker for the great, oppressive nation of Llanlleia with unwavering dedication? :o

I guess that depends :luv:.

Of course, I'm being a pretentious dick. Mostly, I just want every character to be supportable and likeable in their own way without having to bother with sides :). I'm going to have trouble with a couple (*coughZixerxough*) but that's just part of how I decided to write it. It's easier for me not to have to define that part :lol:

------------------

Art project in progress: Edge Ceramic Head!

He doesn't have his hair yet since I need to save the money for a wig to give him (since I can't do his hair very well in clay.) He will, though. This is the preliminary junk, but I don't think it looks half bad.

His horns look super uneven in that picture...

I like his nose.

I had to make his horns higher on his head and closer to his head for the purposes of construction and balance, sadly, but I don't think it's too egregious.

I look almost as tired as I am!

All... just... clay. It'll be painted, of course.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

:shock: Sweet zombie jesus, that is just amazing!

Wow.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

you look like your thirty in that last pic....

god you must have been up all weekend...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:you look like your thirty in that last pic....

No sleep at all Monday night, and four hours last night, after a busy weekend. Yes, rather tired.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

sorry it's they eyes that does it you could probably go out and buy a six pack if you weren't dead tired.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Pick wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:you look like your thirty in that last pic....

No sleep at all Monday night, and four hours last night, after a busy weekend. Yes, rather tired.
I know the feeling, if not to that extreme; I rarely get enough sleep during the week. Nevertheless, your work doesn't see to have suffered. I really like the molding on the "eyes".
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Pick wrote:
You're lucky you didn't tell me that, I would have made you go to bed sooner.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Incidentally, you are a genuine renaissance woman, Pick. There's no other way to put it.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

As I just said to Marina over AIM, Pic, your talent truly knows no bounds.
JADAFETWA
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Truly Pick is the Artistic Messiah.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

What the hell do you do with all the material you produce? I know I've created reams of shit in the past for school and such and it's all been destroyed now, which is kind of sad, but anyway... do you send it to local galleries, give it to people as gifts, just fill up your lair? What?
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Maybe she's magic. Perhaps it's like Nanny and the Professor, but with no professor or kids and it's not mind-numbingly boring or filmed way too dark...

Anyways, bitchin' as usual, dear.

Last edited by Spanky The Dolphin on 2005-12-07 07:03pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Been a while since I commented in one of your art threads, Pick, but I must again say that your artistic talent never ceases to amaze me.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Rye wrote:What the hell do you do with all the material you produce? I know I've created reams of shit in the past for school and such and it's all been destroyed now, which is kind of sad, but anyway... do you send it to local galleries, give it to people as gifts, just fill up your lair? What?
:wink: Er... my stuff comes to one of the following fates:

1. Sits in a pile of my old drawings (just a stack of paper.)
2. Gets framed and goes on the wall (very rarely)
3. Gets tossed (pretty often, especiallt stuff I had to do for school)
4. Does, in fact, go in my lair --a tiny spot of attic space painted black I sleep in. The walls are covered in sketches I've done :wink:. I actually redid it recently with Dark Councilors pictures, since it had been fanart previously.

As for 3D stuff, it just tends to go in an old display case in the corner of my mom's office, because then it doesn't get dusty. The last ceramic bust I did though is on the floor of the family room against the wall, though. None of my art goes to galleries, and I don't give it away unless I don't like it.

----

Thanks, Observer, Skyman, Ire, Spanky, Kuja, Duchess, Ford, and all! :luv: :luv: I try to post in progress on the bust because in-progress is interesting in three dimensional works, I think, where it often isn't in 2D stuff. I also think I'm a better sculptor than a 2D artist, but ah well :wink:.

------------

Edge's Bust: COLORED!

Combination of spray paint, acrylic, fingernail polish, varnish, ink, marker, fake eyelashes, and ink pen for color on clay. The hair is NOT PERMANENT! His wig's in the mail, so this is a temporary substitute (it'll be Verdigris' wig, actually, once her bust is ready for it.) I just wanted to show what he, well, looks like with some poor hair on his head.

:P Yes, his lips are colorful. Oh well, it's a running joke all the girls in Syvoria are way butcher than the guys are anyway. Let him be horrifically bish :).
Last edited by Pick on 2005-12-15 08:00pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I got a Ghostbusters 2 vibe from the first picture up there. :)

Anyway, it looks great so far.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Excellent.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

:luv:............
JADAFETWA
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

The smug expression is perfect, even if his lips are somewhat... striking. I really like it. :)
The Rift
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Absolutely magnificent. I don't care for that race's feet, but that's my own aesthetic taste, nothing to do with your amazing skill. They're otherwise completely boinkable bishies. :shock:
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thanks everybody!

As for the feet, Raptor, idle curiosity-- whose? All of them with unusual feet (Umber, Desunius, Hoquer, Verdigris)?

--------------

Edge Head Complete!

Update included: wig fibers, caulk, wig.

White wefts, and some of the black ones, handmade.

Edge's hair used to be more silvery, but Hoquer kind of ended up with a silver monopoly, so now Edge has black hair with white bolts. In some of these pictures the white isn't as blended as it should be, but that's because I didn't want to comb it thoroughly for fear of the fibers coming out since some of the caulk was a bit tacky and I wanted to take the pictures before the sun went down :wink:.

Also, his hair is deliberately mussy. He wears it that way. I actually had it nice and smooth and then realized I had to crap it up :lol:

I'll also have a bit of sketch stuff up once my scanner's repaired and a story update later tonight. Thanks everybody!
Last edited by Pick on 2005-12-16 01:26am, edited 1 time in total.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Christ in a cream cheese sauce. I need to extract your artistic essence and distill it, and sell it for a profit and/or use it on myself. Those horns are so shiny.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

That is simply incredible, Pick. I swear, that goes beyond a lot of professional work I've seen.
The Rift
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Pick wrote:As for the feet, Raptor, idle curiosity-- whose? All of them with unusual feet (Umber, Desunius, Hoquer, Verdigris)?
Actually just Hoquer's and, to a lesser extent, Umber's. Don't worry, my inability to explain why is more perplexing to me than it is to you. :?