School Design for University (Pics)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Acidburns
Padawan Learner

School Design for University (Pics)

Post by Acidburns »

I was looking at some of my older work for university and realised that you guys might find it interesting. I'm a little short on time at the moment (working on my fourth year project, and museum). Here's a project from the end of my third year. I was for a primary school in a very tight urban site. I don't have all the images handy so here's a couple. I had a short animation of the transition from day to night somewhere.... Anyway I'll post some more when I get time if anyone expresses an interest.

Heres a few renders from the 3d model. Hope you find it interesting.

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Looks nice, but how many children is this school supposed to hold?
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Acidburns
Padawan Learner

Post by Acidburns »

It's a single stream school, so thats 7 classes of 30 children.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Nice.
I like the small glass boxes that are attached to the main element and how they the white elements are sepparated material wise from the yellow elements.

The night shots are way too bright for my taste.
The kerb on the sidewalk is partially missing but i guess you knew that.

One minor technical thing. It´s a bit hard to explain.
The lines in the image that are actually supposed to be vertical but are not because of the nature of close perspectives can be fixed by placing the camera further away from the object and decreasing the Field of View or increasing the size of the camera lense.
Or with Photoshop.
Personally i don´t like these tilted lines when they´re not comming from an intenionally distortion like an extreme perspective.
(i hope what i wrote here makes sense. My knowledge of the english terms for technical stuff is quite limited.)
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

I understand at least, and yeah, that is a rather close perspective.

Anyways, any chance of seeing floor plans for this as well? Lets me get a better perspective on things.
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Looks very cool and whimsical, but what's with the green glow? It looks like Mad Science is going on in there and the students are the experiments. It looks kind of threatening to me for a school.

Otherwise, thumbs up, man.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

resistance is futile
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy