Wank Tanks!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Or, as they would soon turn out to be, target practise for flyboys.
For the most part you are right. There are some situations where the anti air cover is so thick that nothing larger than a fly will get through. Some of these tanks are in that position.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

NoXion wrote:
I'd like to see an F-22 go against that!
Please, it'll have an RCS a mile wide with that shape. An F-22 wouldn't need to engage it, it would never know they were there...
For the most part you are right. There are some situations where the anti air cover is so thick that nothing larger than a fly will get through. Some of these tanks are in that position.
That's what weapons like Storm Shadow and the JSOW are for. Low RCS standoff cruise missiles. The first thing you know about them is the bang.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Vendetta wrote: That's what weapons like Storm Shadow and the JSOW are for. Low RCS standoff cruise missiles. The first thing you know about them is the bang.
That of course depends on the level of sensory sophistication used by the tanks in question and the ECM the tank is making use of. It can't help that Shroomy's HT-72K2 makes use of radar absorbant materials in its construction.

EDIT: Actually, I don't think that would mater that much, considering the Storm Shadow uses infra-red imaging for guidance. I'd assume that JSOW would makes use of something similiar.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Mine also incorporates a fancy gel in its armor that does fancy things to heat, reducing its signature. This tank can turn off its radar and comms and kill other tanks by sneaking up on them at night. And it can shoot down missiles and shells.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
NoXion
Padawan Learner

Post by NoXion »

Please, it'll have an RCS a mile wide with that shape. An F-22 wouldn't need to engage it, it would never know they were there...
If the Stryker such a huge RCS, then surely it would be visible :?

But regardless, the Stryker is faster (Speed kills), tougher, more powerful and can go higher than the F-22.
Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker - Mikhail Bakunin
Capital is reckless of the health or length of life of the laborer, unless under compulsion from society - Karl Marx
Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value - R. Buckminster Fuller
The important thing is not to be human but to be humane - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

Nova Mundi, my laughable attempt at an original worldbuilding/gameplay project