What does your tree look like?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Zaia
Inamorata

What does your tree look like?

Post by Zaia »

What does your Christmas tree look like? Mine is still in progress, but here's what my housemates and I have so far:

Yes, the star's horribly crooked. We know. :D

And here's what we did with my housemate's dog while we were busy decorating...

Mo's all fancy and ready for the holidays now too!
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I'll be sure to get pictures of the four (or maybe five) we have at home this weekend.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I'll be sure to get pictures of the four (or maybe five) we have at home this weekend.
Wow, that's a lot of trees. Why so many?
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

My mom enjoys decorating for Christmas, and because I think she likes having a tree in every major part of the house. They're in the den, living room, library, and master bedroom, although I can't recall if Uts and mine was put up in the guest room or not.

For the record, presents go under the den tree.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

eee gads, is it Kristinmas already?
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Col. Crackpot wrote:eee gads, is it Kristinmas already?
Alllllllllmost! :mrgreen:
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

We might not even get a tree this year. Some installers were supposed to put in some carpet in our living room two weeks ago, but they've delayed twice, and we can't put one in until the carpet's done. Teh woe is me. :(
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Namarie
Padawan Learner

Post by Namarie »

Yay christmas. Thats my tree!! :luv:
Yay.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Yay, another tree! That's lovely, Namarie! Thanks for posting it! :D
Namarie
Padawan Learner

Post by Namarie »

Your is also beau-ti-ful. I love Christmas. We had stockings and everything up in our house too as well, but we had our house chrismtas party on Sunday because everyone is going home for the holiday this week, so they all got opened and taken down. :( They were pretty too though. Oh! And we put some of those net lights up on our wall, lol. Yes, they're supposed to be for windows, but we only have 1 window that you can actually see from the outside, and we have some colored lights in that.

Soooo many spaklies in this house.
Yay.
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

If my family's gotten a tree, it should still be quite unembellished. They promised to hold off on decorating it until I got home from college.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

What? It's a tree! Our suite (8 guys) decided to make a christmas tree out of mountain dew. That was the result.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

That's beautiful, man. *sniffs* :D
Namarie
Padawan Learner

Post by Namarie »

Captain Cyran wrote:<snip>

What? It's a tree! Our suite (8 guys) decided to make a christmas tree out of mountain dew. That was the result.
:o Thats fucking awesome.
Yay.
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Namarie wrote:
Captain Cyran wrote:<snip>

:o Thats fucking awesome.
Goddammit, you stole the words right out of my mouth. Reminds me of when my brother started making lamps out of mountain dew bottles.

In other news, my Christmas tree is a 2 foot tall fake tree with multicolored fiberoptic needles, kung fu grip, and heat seeking missiles.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Losonti Tokash wrote:In other news, my Christmas tree is a 2 foot tall fake tree with multicolored fiberoptic needles, kung fu grip, and heat seeking missiles.
pixplzthnx

:P
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Zaia wrote:
Losonti Tokash wrote:In other news, my Christmas tree is a 2 foot tall fake tree with multicolored fiberoptic needles, kung fu grip, and heat seeking missiles.
pixplzthnx

:P
I would if I had a digital camera or my cell phone could email pictures. Sadly, I won't have a camera till after Christmas is over, so you'll have to wait till then. :P
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

I spot a bottle of IBC Root Beer. Normaly, I'd yell at you for lying. But dammit, IBC kicks fucking arse!
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

... and here is the Kendall tree...

I had to take three seperate photos so you could see the detail and the full tree one so you could see the height ;)

Image I want to get rid of this angel and replace it with a nice star or something less tacky ;) I hate gold, can you tell :lol:
Image more presents to come, stay tuned :lol:

Anyway, you got the idea :) Oh and clickable thumbnails ;)

Oh and the bottom of the tree may look a little less decorated as the top and I'm sure you can all figure out that's because we have two cats and two kids ;)

Oh and because we don't have a lot of ornaments yet ;) We're slowly building them up though. Oh yeah and yes it's a fake tree in case you couldn't tell.

Edit: testeroonies... Image yup it screws up the formatting oh well.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

I'd get pictures of mine, but it hasn't been decoranated yet. I'm hoping to bother people into doing that this weekend, so I might be able to get pictures then.
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

We're going to Florida for christmas. No tree for me 8)
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Christmas in Florida? What a horrible concept...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Waddles McGee
Padawan Learner

Post by Waddles McGee »

Here's mine. We only have 1, but it's very very large, and bright...

Sadly, I cant figure out the Send Photo to Email function.The manual will know!
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Christmas in Florida? What a horrible concept...
What's so bad about that? Open presents, then go swimming! :-D
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
avoidingthepo
Youngling

Post by avoidingthepo »

last year me a few friends and i spent christmas in sebastian beach florida and in the little shack behind the surf shop we had a christmas tree of empty coors lights with a jager bottle on top, but this year we got a real tree up here in new jersey and while i put on some nice ornaments, the others of the household felt that empty cans stuck on branches and an empty jager bottle as the star was nice. i have to admit, if i was a shepard and saw a bottle of jager hovering over a manger id come visit
=NUB=

Deceived by the devils decisions, forced into a slave
Death before dishonour for those men who were brave
Shot and sent to their grave, can't awaken, it's too late
Everything's been taken, I'm shaken, family, history, the making