Inspired by Enigma's thread (Wankships Ahoy, Cap'n!)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Inspired by Enigma's thread (Wankships Ahoy, Cap'n!)

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

First, a note: This is a very old design made around 2K1 or so, with inspirations and ideas for it going as far back as 1995.

Yeah, it's a ship designed to make stars go kaboom, rip them apart, or somesuch. I think the purple/yellow glowy bits are phased-array weapons along the lines of phasers, except they fire coherent beams of gravitically-confined beams of matter and antimatter. In trekky terms they're "annular-confinement beams containing matter/antimatter packets held in isomagnetic suspension'. The drives are a combination sublight gravitic reactionless/superluminal warp drives capable of truly cocktastic velocities (Here to Andromeda in an hour!!), and the hull is made of similarly-wanky neutronium-impregnated composite mesh of nested nanotubes in a heavy-metal alloy matrix, maintained by nanoassemblers (Image).

Firepower is on the order of several Death Star IIs per second from the largest 'anti-ship' blisters. No idea really what the main spinal gun can do, but considering it's designed to rip stars to pieces, I think one can imagine if barely...

The blue trapezoidal bits scattered about the hull are the openings of enormous launch bays designed to deploy billions of smaller craft; such craft being literally everything from tiny one-man fighters to multi-kilometer battleships.

And yes, the scale is correct as well. It's indeed larger than a planet and is populated with a Coruscant's worth of beings, including itself (yes, the ship is an engineered biological entity evolved from a small deep-space organism called a 'webweaver', from its capability of weaving webs of energy somewhat similar to a strange combination of a lightsaber blade, a tractor beam, and a tow cable made of energy; similar to a Tholian Web).

</Wank>
Image Image
NoXion
Padawan Learner

Post by NoXion »

How did you draw the purple/yellow/reddish glowy looking bits? I assume you made this in Paint...
Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker - Mikhail Bakunin
Capital is reckless of the health or length of life of the laborer, unless under compulsion from society - Karl Marx
Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value - R. Buckminster Fuller
The important thing is not to be human but to be humane - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

Nova Mundi, my laughable attempt at an original worldbuilding/gameplay project
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Yes I did. Let's just say it involved a high zoom, the color picker, and the single-pixel brush...
Image Image
NoXion
Padawan Learner

Post by NoXion »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:Yes I did. Let's just say it involved a high zoom, the color picker, and the single-pixel brush...
Either you have much more patience than I do, or you're incredibly anally retentive... That sounds like incredibly hard work. Props to ya!

A quicker way I can think of doing the same effect is to draw a series of concentric circles of varying shades using the circle tool, and then chopping a bit off, copying it, pasting it and reversing it and sticking it to the other half. I might try it to see if it works.
Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker - Mikhail Bakunin
Capital is reckless of the health or length of life of the laborer, unless under compulsion from society - Karl Marx
Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value - R. Buckminster Fuller
The important thing is not to be human but to be humane - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

Nova Mundi, my laughable attempt at an original worldbuilding/gameplay project
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

THe design is phallic, so yes, you did design it Einy. I really like it. Looks killer.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

If you want wank ships. I have one (actually several of the same type) that technically isn't a warship but has enough weaponry to deter just about anyone. The ship is a generation ship that is powered by several main sequence stars. So huge that the ship would not even notice that a Earth type planet went splat against the hull. The ship is divided into three sections, engineer, habitat and command with the habitat taking up about two thirds of the ships available space.

The habitat section is divided into three to five horizontal sections each with different environments. To the people in it, it looks like they are living on a planet. Travel from one end to another is by sublight powered maglev trains. It is populated by about a hundred star systems worth of people if not more.

Again these ships are generational ships and are meant to be used to go as far as possible and settle in an uninhabited galaxy. Then the ship is disassembled and used as raw materials.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Boyish-Tigerlilly
Sith Devotee

Post by Boyish-Tigerlilly »

I like the purple colors. I think they make it aesthetically pleasing, but how long did that take to make...in paint at that?