Types of carriers from my incomplete novel

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Lord Revan wrote:
Enigma wrote:
StarshipTitanic wrote:He means the material the ships would be composed of would have to be insanely strong and dense. Further reason fighters would be utterly insignificant. They couldn't even do damage as a human-guided missile.
Gotcha. I've been mulling over to make the large and medium carriers as fleet carriers. In other words, the Large carriers would bring with them, dreadnoughts, battleships, battlecruisers, cruisers and the like while the medium carrier would carry, frigates and destroyers and the like.
still to be able to build mosters like this means that materail in every single ship must so advanced/strong that any fighters would a waste of resoureces.
True but fighters would be useful against smaller weaker ships plus the weapons would be powerful, not enough against the big guys but enough to harrass the smaller ships.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

Why build the smaller ships at all? The main gun on the 10000km ubercarrier is probably larger then thousands of them.
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P