Pick's Last Pic of the Thread (p10)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

All I can think of while looking at it is that Edge would make a very cute girl. :luv:
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thanks a ton, everybody! I'll have some new pictures up tomorrow, since the lighting in these was purely atrocious (too yellow! Gack!)

Either way, story update!

More of Chapter 3!

In which Desunius laughs, Edge shrugs, and Ryvara gets a taste of something new. :luv:
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Heh, cute, Pick.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:Heh, cute, Pick.
Thanks :wink:. I try to balance cuteness and seriousness, lest it become too depressing (because plenty of shit happens to people...)

Of course, I think Ryvara's intrinsically cute. She certainly takes advantage of handy situations. Woohoo, go for the balls, girl! :o
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

You know, the whole cannibalism aspect does kind of make sense, when explained in that way. I'm glad you did that, rather than the way some other cannibalistic characters/societies are portrayed ("Oh noes! Teh ebil!")

Also, I would rather like to see what Ryvara looks like in her battle garb.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:lol: Oh, what morality springs of necessity, Ire... :)

--------------------

And here's a picture (originally for Kuja's birthday pic :lol: ) of Edge with a much much honest expression of his personality :luv:.

Opencanvas 4.

Technically a flashback image. :)
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:And here's a picture (originally for Kuja's birthday pic :lol: ) of Edge with a much much honest expression of his personality :luv:.

Opencanvas 4.

Technically a flashback image. :)
What a coincidence, I just finished reading the update!

Ryvera and Desunius were adorable, and Hyral made me laugh with that last thought.

And Umber remains awesome. :twisted:
JADAFETWA
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Damn Pick! The most recent picture of Edge is all kinds of awesome.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Woah! Awesome, Pick, I know I don't post in this thread too much for fear of just ending up posting lots and lots of 'Woah! Awesome!'s, but that last one is really really nice! Very magical, or flashbacky as is more accurate, love the colouring. :D
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

The coloring on that picture is INCREDIBLE.

And as someone who could never draw hands, that's a damn fine hand. :P
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thank you, everybody!

And yes, hands are tough --but deceptively important. They're just as expressive as the face, as far as I'm concerned, and are hence similarly necessary to get right :). I've been so busy I haven't done much art lately, honestly, and hands are a thing you always need to keep practicing or you lose. Aie!

I honestly don't think I'll top that coloring job for a while, though. That was an experience and a half, though (very fun!)

-----------------

This will probably be the closing picture in this thread until I make another... I'm not sure, though. Anyway, as a much more laid-back picture, here's Umber.

Yes, there's a lot of other things I need to (and will!) draw, but gods-damn, I love drawing Umber. He's very easy to draw compared to the others :lol:. Doesn't lend himself to dynamic coloring like Edge does, though :?.

Opencanvas 4

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

While only Conan the Barbarian could ever make me gay, I think I like Umber far too much. :D
What is Project Zohar?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:While only Conan the Barbarian could ever make me gay, I think I like Umber far too much. :D
What about Conan riding He-Man's giant cat? That could turn anyone gay!

8) I think Umber needs a makeover!... and to weigh more than Jennifer Anniston on Pluto. Time will perhaps yield these things :o
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Pick, the last picture is fantastic, but the left side makes my eyes hurt, the depth is confusing.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Ace Pace wrote:Pick, the last picture is fantastic, but the left side makes my eyes hurt, the depth is confusing.
Really? I thought Umber and the background contrasted quite nicely. The slight blur in the foreground gives it a kind of "memory" feel, at least to me.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:oops: the blurred foreground is forced perspective (plus it's glass distortion.) My bad!
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

I think it looks like he's being watched through a window that's partially broken, so both the foreground blur and the blur from the glass makes perfect sense to me. I think it looks really good actually!
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Ooh, awesome muscle definition on that last one! :)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote: What about Conan riding He-Man's giant cat? That could turn anyone gay!
Conan on Battle-Cat . . . Christ.
8) I think Umber needs a makeover!... and to weigh more than Jennifer Anniston on Pluto. Time will perhaps yield these things :o
The idea of Umber beefing up appeals to me somewhat.
What is Project Zohar?

Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Pick (Pictofabricus totalirockus)
A talented young lady who produces mucho-awesome pictures for the denizens of SDN to drool over. This, of course, makes the pictures soggy, forcing Pick to produce more for said denizens.
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

He looks like he's kvetching, whch would probably be in character for Umber. :)
JADAFETWA
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

*bump*

More! More more more! 8)
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Steve wrote:*bump*

More! More more more! 8)
Respectfully, elder one.
*Slashs across chest*

No bump! I hate it when people do that. Besides, Pick seemed to express the intention to start a new thread when she has more work to exhibit. Give her time.
The Rift
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thanks, everybody!

And, Kuja, I'm not sure if he's kvetching (awesome word) or not... It can be hard to tell, with Umber. Him commenting on life can also seem very whiny... understandably, his life kind of sucks :lol:.

As for more stuff, mmm, I was kind of going to start a new thread :lol:. But as long as this one's up, I'll wait until after I've posted this piece, since I might as well start my next one with original art instead of fanart, anyway :wink:. I've also got more story coming, but I've had to be doing family stuff the last week or so :?.

Setzer. FF6. If you don't like the rendition, you try to work from a tiny sprite... Amano's artwork... and clips from the opening. They're hard to compromise on since *none* of them look very alike :lol:

Setzer is :luv:.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yo, ho, ho we loot we pillage we plunder we snatch.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin