What does your tree look like?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Waddles McGee
Padawan Learner

Post by Waddles McGee »

Zaia wrote:
Mrs Kendall wrote:Besides you can always get the smell of pine or whatever running throughout your house with candles, plug ins scented oil thingies, wax cakes or whatever :P
That's what I did! :D
We sprayed Pine Spray.

Better pic to be posted.
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

It's still a work in progress but my roommate has the digital camera and he leaves tomorrow morning

I decided to go with white, silver and blue for the tree. So far I have silver bells hung on white ribbon, royal blue ribbon wrapping around, and a string of silver beads. The top is a styrofoam ring wrapped in silver ribbon, with blue candles and white roses.

Here's what it looks like lit up. Sorry about the blur.

Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Okay, here are the first three of ours:

The Living Room Tree. For years this one had an exclusively Victorian Christmas theme, although I don't know what theme it really has now.

The Master Bedroom Tree. This one is the newest, as that wing of the house wasn't finished until fairly recently.

The Den Tree. The primary tree, where all the presents go under on Christmas Eve.

Off.

On.

I'll make sure to get the other one tomorrow.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Shit Spanky, your mother is a good decorater :) Those all look so awesome :)
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Yay, so many pretty trees! Thanks, guys, for posting photos. They're lovely. :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Two last tree updates from me, specifically of the other two trees in our house:

The Santa Tree, located in the Library:

Finally, Uts and my Tree, located not in our room but at the top of the stairs leading into the Guest Room. It might be too small to see, but this tree is covered with my Star Trek and Uts' Star Wars ornaments. This one is hard to take a picture of because of the lack of space surrounding it:

That's all from me. Merry Christmas.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

No tree this year.

No-one could be bothered, christmas is about food and drink in our house, not giving the woodland spirits somewhere to come in and stay warm.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

No tree here either. Christmas here is about being with the ones I love, not giving the woodland spirits a casus belli for bloody vengeance against my little tribe by striking one of their own down in cold... sap?
Image Image
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

There is such a thing as fake trees guys didn't you know that? :lol:

Anyway, update, christmas morning before the presents were ripped open to shreads... these are not all the presents they will get, they still have gifts waiting for them at my sisters house which is where we are doing christmas dinner tonight :) They are being spoiled as always ;)

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Mrs Kendall wrote:There is such a thing as fake trees guys didn't you know that? :lol:
Surely that would mean you'd get fake plasticky woodland spirits? That would be even worse!
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Meh, tis the family tree (tacky, fake, no clean up, no pine needle one :D )

They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Nice tree but better floors. That hardwood's lovely. :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Zaia wrote:Nice tree but better floors. That hardwood's lovely. :D
:D
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red