Secret floors in Japan?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Secret floors in Japan?

Post by Trytostaydead »

I just got off of a phone with a buddy who came back from Japan accompanying his dad on a business trip. Apparently, there was a secret 40th floor to his hotel in its executive wing. One floor with about 30-40 women for "sexy massage." The elevator only went up to the 39th floor and you had to go up a staircase inside a room to reach the 40th.

Are these secret areas common in Japanese establishments? Because the hotel wasn't some love hotel or something, but a respectable business hotel.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

It's not exactly a secret floor if it's that easy to find out about.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I know that when I stayed at "nice" hotels in Japan, they at the very least had dozens of guys outside with nice, full colour, glossy and explicit flyers for hookers. They were chased off about once a day by the doormen.

I don't know how many nude shots of sexy asians got collected on that school trip, but I'd wager it was enough to fill up a suitcase. As such, I wouldn't find it surprising at all if there were "sexy massages" available, but I doubt that the floor was originally built with that purpose in mind.
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Yes. Quite common.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

So would prostitution like that be legal? Or more of an open secret, where they don't cause any fuss if there's not any "problems?"
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Kwizard
Padawan Learner

Post by Kwizard »

The Spartan wrote:So would prostitution like that be legal? Or more of an open secret, where they don't cause any fuss if there's not any "problems?"
Well presumably the massage is what's being sold, not any complimentary sex. Although I'm sure the latter would be a good selling point for the former.

It's still a little weird...
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Kwizard wrote:
The Spartan wrote:So would prostitution like that be legal? Or more of an open secret, where they don't cause any fuss if there's not any "problems?"
Well presumably the massage is what's being sold, not any complimentary sex. Although I'm sure the latter would be a good selling point for the former.

It's still a little weird...
Actually I was referencing Weemadando's "hooker flyers." But even going back to the OP which references "sexy massages" it could still be considered prostitution if "complimentary sex" is included with said massage. That's more what I'm getting at with the open secret question.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

I was also wondering if I were to go to Tokyo Mariott or something would I find the same thing?
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Now I have this image stuck in my head of Trytostaydead opening random doors in his hotel and asking the stunned occupants if this is the room with the secret staircase to the sexy massage floor.
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

When I went to montreal ( ?) some yrs ago, I found the same expierence. the elevator went 39 levels, and you could take the stairs to go one higher. My theory at the time was that it was for ambassadors, one of whom was visiting that week.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Aren't there also buildings where the main elevators only go to certain floors and you need an access key to ride the "special" elevators beyond them?

Or am I thinking of a similar situation in the main elevators that have key access built in and kind of combining it all in my head?
Soy un perdedor.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

The Spartan wrote:Aren't there also buildings where the main elevators only go to certain floors and you need an access key to ride the "special" elevators beyond them?

Or am I thinking of a similar situation in the main elevators that have key access built in and kind of combining it all in my head?
I don't know about special elevators, but in one of our libraries in my city I know you need a key for the elevator to access one of the floors you can't just get to by pressing a button. It'll take you to the floor above it and the floor below it, but you need a key to get to the floor in question. Probably just offices or something though.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The Spartan wrote:Aren't there also buildings where the main elevators only go to certain floors and you need an access key to ride the "special" elevators beyond them?

Having elevators in which a key (usually your room keycard) is needed to get to certain VIP floors is very common in hotels, a Hyatt I stayed in while I was in Houston had about ten upper floors with such restricted access. But if you wanted, you could still walk up the fire stairs to get to those levels, and everyone had access to the roof, which had the hotel pool. An acutal hidden floor, espiclaly if it cant be noticed by just counting windows from the outside, is a different isuse though. They do exist, I’ve heard of them in many countries, but they sure aren’t common because they don’t have much point.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

An acutal hidden floor, espiclaly if it cant be noticed by just counting windows from the outside, is a different isuse though. They do exist, I’ve heard of them in many countries, but they sure aren’t common because they don’t have much point.
That's where we make the terrorists talk.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

Our Computer Science building at Uni only has lifts to the 13th floor. The 14th is behind a locked door up some stairs.

I want to know what's up there now.
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

Sharp-kun wrote:Our Computer Science building at Uni only has lifts to the 13th floor. The 14th is behind a locked door up some stairs.

That's where they put the students who ask too many questions....
Proud member of the no sigs club.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

My workplace has a secret fifth floor. The staircases have been sealed above the fourth floor landing, but you can still get there by elevator. Nothing really special about it, though. They just closed it because the school is operating at half capacity and they don't need the space. It's mostly used for storage now. And probably making out and getting high.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Sharp-kun wrote:Our Computer Science building at Uni only has lifts to the 13th floor. The 14th is behind a locked door up some stairs.

It's the tunnel leading into John Malkovich's head.
avoidingthepo
Youngling

Post by avoidingthepo »

at the happy garden massage parlor in atlantic city, they have a massage menu, advertise how pretty the asian wmoen who give you massages are, and include on the menu a 'happy ending'

i like to think that every place in japan offers a happy ending from the owners daughter
=NUB=

Deceived by the devils decisions, forced into a slave
Death before dishonour for those men who were brave
Shot and sent to their grave, can't awaken, it's too late
Everything's been taken, I'm shaken, family, history, the making
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

This isn't as funny as it sounds, since the forced prostitution (essentially sexual slavery) of women from Southeast Asia is exceptionally common in Japan, and those girls giving "sexy massages" probably aren't there willingly, and quite possibly aren't even adults.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

On the subject of secret floors; the Park Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles has a "secret" 4th and a 1/2 floor that's only accesible from the "Round Table Room" and a stairwell from the Banquet Room stage.

It also has a stairway to nowhere, a 5th floor gymnasium, and a YMCA in the basement. The most bizarre and wonderful building I've ever been in, and it's been in dozens of movies.

The stage, stairway to the 4th and a 1/2 floor is house right.

The exterior. If you look carefully below the filming lights on the boom thingy in the foreground, you can barely make out some small pillars on a balcony; that balcony is to the Round Table Room I mentioned.

...there are also stairs leading up to the large sculptural elements on the corners of the facade. Like I said, a wonderful and bizarre building. It's seen some extensive renovation since I was there in 1983-84, as well.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.