Ever gotten so angry that you wanted to return a present?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Invictus ChiKen
Jedi Council Member

Post by Invictus ChiKen »

WarScarab wrote:It's pretty much been said, but I'd just like to point out how heavily such actions as these tip the scale of the naughty:nice ratio towards the naughty side. So, yeah, return them...or do what some guy in Kansas City I heard about is doing, that being selling off his kid's Christmas XBox 360 (because the kid's being a little shit and throwing every tantrum imaginable because he's not getting the present early) and instead giving him the box filled with charcoal :twisted: .
Okay can you get a link to that story? I wanna hear how that pans out.
"The real ideological schism in America is not Republican vs Democrat; it is North vs South, Urban vs Rural, and it has been since the 19th century."
-Mike Wong
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Invictus ChiKen wrote:Okay can you get a link to that story? I wanna hear how that pans out.
=http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 8[url]Link[/url] to a thread about this. Most likely fake as hell but the sort of think you wish was true. :P
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I returned an expensive set of DVD's (pretty new tech, at the time) to a store after the girlfriend I bought them for broke up with me. Not that big a deal, in spite of the "re-stocking fee." Never felt bad about it.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Invictus ChiKen
Jedi Council Member

Post by Invictus ChiKen »

Re-stocking fee??

Okay someone explain this to the hick. You mean they charge you to return stuff? Whiskey, Tango Foxtrot if that's the case.
"The real ideological schism in America is not Republican vs Democrat; it is North vs South, Urban vs Rural, and it has been since the 19th century."
-Mike Wong
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Yes, Dalton got the basics. She left for the week, turned off the heat, locked her part of the house with the controls for the heat in her room, and left. My other housemate, who's in charge of the house and who has a key to that part of the house, wasn't home that night.

Although, at the time, the thought that she'd turned the heat off hadn't occured to me. My heat's been quite weak for the past month, so I knew something wasn't right with it; I thought it had finally kicked the bucket and stopped working. I was a little relieved when I found out she'd turned it off (back when I thought she'd done it be accident) because I knew fixing the heat would take ages and cost a lot of money, but when I found out she knowingly did it and felt no remorse for leaving me in sub-zero temperatures in my own fucking bedroom, I stopped being relieved and became incredibly livid.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Wait. Didn't she know what happens to pipes when they freeze? :wtf:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Rogue 9 wrote:Wait. Didn't she know what happens to pipes when they freeze? :wtf:
That, or she didn't care. But I'm betting she just didn't think about it, the same way she didn't think how cold it would get in my half of the house with no heat at all on that cold of a night.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
wilfulton
Jedi Knight

Post by wilfulton »

Zaia, if your other housemate has a key, any chance you can go get it duplicated? That way you'll be able to rememdy such a problem yourself in the future.
Gork the Ork sez: Speak softly and carry a Big Shoota!
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Yeah seriously go out and get yourself a key pronto! If she complains that you are entering her part of the house then tell her to fuck off and die cause you're not gonna suffer if you find it cold in the house, especially when she's away!

Edit: I forgot to ask, have you decided if you're going to return the gifts or not yet? Are you gonna take Mike's advice and give her dog shit instead? :lol: That was funny Mike. :lol:
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

I'm probably going to take her presents back, but I haven't decided completely yet. On the one hand it feels petty, but on the other hand, she's an inconsiderate bitch.

She's not getting back until the 28th or 29th, so I have some time to decide still.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

I don't see why she would deserve any presents. Santa would definitely put her on the naughty list. And you should put her on the "inconsiderate bitch" list.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Zaia wrote:I'm probably going to take her presents back, but I haven't decided completely yet. On the one hand it feels petty, but on the other hand, she's an inconsiderate bitch.

She's not getting back until the 28th or 29th, so I have some time to decide still.
Ah, to hell with her then!
Christmas will be long over by that time; no holiday, no presents, no problems!
:D

If she wanted Christmas, she should have spent it there with you. :wink:
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Zaia wrote:I'm probably going to take her presents back, but I haven't decided completely yet. On the one hand it feels petty, but on the other hand, she's an inconsiderate bitch.

I say do it, but then I'm a vindictive SOB so be sure to take that into account. :wink:
JADAFETWA
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Back to Evil School for you! :D
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

aerius wrote:
Back to Evil School for you! :D
Noooooooooooo! I'm on vacation! No school! *flees*
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Zaia wrote:Noooooooooooo! I'm on vacation! No school! *flees*
Well it's pretty simple, return the presents or I'm sending you off to Evil School until you're evil enough to return them. :D

As you can see, I graduated from Evil School with high marks.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

It sounds like she doesn't deserve presents of any sort. If it were me, I wouldn't make a big deal about it - I'd just quietly return the presents to the store where you bought them.
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower