V:tM - New Orleans by Night

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"Alec." Dachlan nodded to him. "I hope you don't mind calling you Alec, but I'm at the misfortune of not knowing your surname. He took a moment to study the man's face. He could understand why Anna liked him. Quite good looking...
"You've been to overseas? may I ask where you have been to? I originally hail from the Old World, so maybe there are some interesting news to tell..."

As Alec ordered another vodka, he orders a nice red wine. Dachlan smiled.If you drink, better do it with style...

But all the while, he kept an eye on the other man, Mr. Reece. I still don't know what to do with him...
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

The malkavian glared at the bartender, "Pissant fool, does the drone of blood in your ears drown out my desire. Poor be ye youth of mortal or kindred kind, knowledge you lack and wisdom devine." He smiled a toothy grin, he made no attempt to hide his pronounced fangs. With that he whirled about, stopping suddenly as his demonic eyes landed on the small gathering of kindred.

A low chuckle emanated from him as he heard talk of books and the rumble of minds, "Books, books, tales of the dead, mystical wonder, danger to hold bread, moldy bread, bread that sustains the vampier with blood of rats and cones" He smiled again as he slowly paced around the table in a large, yet still noticable arch. The occasional sound of a scoff or a snicker would come from the malkavian as he watched the men at the table, his eyes acting as if to burn a hole into each one of their souls.

"The night has just become intruiging, danger tastes the air..." he spoke to himself in a low and feral voice as he watched the group still, the occasional glance made towards the biker.
"Once again we wanted our heroes to be simple, grizzled everymen with nothing to lose; one foot in the grave, the other wrapped in an American flag and lodged firmly in a terrorist's asshole."

Brotherhood of the Monkey: Nonchalant Disgruntled Monkey
Justice League
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

"You've been to overseas? may I ask where you have been to? I originally hail from the Old World, so maybe there are some interesting news to tell..."

Alec frowned a little. What does he want...

"DuMont, though Alec suits me fine. I was up to nothing in particular. I saw a bit of the French Rivera. Mostly just there for pleasure, I avoid business like the plague. I appreciate the Old Worl but the vampiric company is some what stuffy"

"And, Mr Reece, where do you hail from?"
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"And, Mr Reece, where do you hail from?"

On that question Dachlan quirked an eyebrow, and looked at Mr. Reece.
While looking, his gaze was shortly caught by a man circling around their table, babbling something which Dachlan couldn't understand.
Interesting, indeed. looks very...malkavian...
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Joshua finally stopped drooling as he stood there motionless. (/jk)

Joshua finally made a move, as Anna moved swiftly from one customer to the next. He sat down next to a rambling Malkavian. He looked at him with a bit of disgust, but also a twisted smile. He wondered what the Malk could possible want with another Gangrel? He had also noted that the Malk was talking about books.....books! Anna and the Brujah man were talking about books. He wondered again, did theis unruly Malkavian have anything to do with the books behind this? He decided to strike up a conversation, as much as he didn't want to. It was necessary. He needed to find out as much information as he could. Maybe that was why Michael was here? He had to know if the Malk had any knowledge on it.

He turned to the Malk. "So," he said with a piercing look in his eye, "how are things going for you?"

Michael was at the table with all the other Vampires. He knew that now that Joshua was here, they were in more danger than before. He rued himself for not having told Joshua the situation. And although he was sitting there with a disgusting Malkavian, Michael knew that Joshua could hold two or three conversations simultaneously, so listening in on him was no problem.

Michael spoke up, "So what is the plan?"

Joshua noted again that there were many of the Kindred present. Almost too many, it seemed. But then again, this was Ms. Bruck's restaurant. What less was to be expected. He was still listening to what the Malk had to say, but he saw the one that had been following him outside. He was curious, he could not tell what clan he was right off. Toreador like Michael? Ventrue like Alec and Anna? Gangrel like himself? What was he?
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

"I'm from the New York City area myself, did a tour of duty overseas a few years ago where I was brought over if you get my meaning. I tend to keep to myself regarding my past, it seems that whenever I mention my sire I get the oddest reactions and I've learned that perhaps some things should be kept to themselves. I'm here in New Orleans, originally just passing through, as my clan is wont to do as I understand things, but there are some matters I may have to attend to while I'm here. I may be here for some time and I thought it best to stick to the traditions. I wouldn't want to add an angry prince to my already full dance card."

Reece smiled softly.

"I tend to make enemies far more quickly than freinds unfortunately. If that doesn't tend to make one nervous I don't know what will. Besides, there's always some young punk, Brujah usually, that's trying to prove himself and I always end up the target of his adolescent attempts at manhood."

Jack's smile broadened slightly.

"Of course, I may not start those fights but I always end them."
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"If I were you, I would be careful about fights," Dachlan spoke softly. "There may be times when you won't come out as top..."
He chuckled.
"As for me, I think physical fighting is...quaint, shall we say?"
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

"As for me, I think physical fighting is...quaint, shall we say?"

"Spoken like a stuffy old fart..." Alec replied laughing "But he's right, better to avoid them if you can. Then again I've been in my share of them. And I'm trying very hard to avoid that I'm going to have coming my way"
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"Old fart?" He gave Alec a sly smile. "You Americans. Always so outspoken."
He took another sip of his wine.
"And don't get my wrong. If I have to, I'm not afraid of fighting. But I try to not make it a physical fight."
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Jack shifted uncomfortably at Dachlan's words.

"I take it you're one of those Tremere witches. I've heard disturbing things...hell I've seen disturbing things that happen around you and your kind."

Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

The ranting malkavian looked right back at Joshua, a look of utter disgust upon his face as his cold, metallic blue eyes pierced into him, as if looking for a ghost whom he had lost long ago. He continued his gaze upon the kindred before cackling loudly, spinning on his heel,

"Ahh, Joshua, Gangrel, feral fool that haunts bunny foo foos and trees made to bleed mortals for sin. I, I am not existant merely here, a mind and a thread of thought without body yet a body without blood for I donated a tinch to much to my ol buddy Cain." He smiled wickedly, the smell of burning flesh arose as the cross around his neck lay against his bare flesh.

"I ask, how are you, you who lives by tooth and fang, bleeds well yet bleeds dust and old hornets nest that doesn't seem to make fudge to be... books, books, ye all talk of musty books, books of knowledge, books or prime, books that tell of old clans turned to shrines, shrines of bones and flesh that rise, of empty corpses without end." With that he spun back around towards the bar "Were is my blood bag, blood for my desire, blood for my lucid mind that spins webs round others ire. Blood, blood, crimson gods that inbue powers of mortals upon the godly!" he stormed up next to Joshua, dropping one of his books before him. The tattered leather cover was covered in globs of wax, the contents of the book written in all manners of directions, changing dialect from romance languages to germanic languages and even to several types of eastern character script. With that moved back to the bar, waiting almost patiently and normally for his drink.
"Once again we wanted our heroes to be simple, grizzled everymen with nothing to lose; one foot in the grave, the other wrapped in an American flag and lodged firmly in a terrorist's asshole."

Justice League
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

"I take it you're one of those Tremere witches. I've heard disturbing things...hell I've seen disturbing things that happen around you and your kind."

"Woh, buddy. Didn't be starting one of those. "

Alec glares at Jack. Damn, neo-nates, always too loudmothed for their own good

"Just back off. You really do have a lot to learn. "
Last edited by Stormbringer on 2002-12-04 01:47pm, edited 3 times in total.
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

"I am well," Joshua replied to the Malkavian.

He took the book, dusted off the cover, revealing gold lettering that meant nothing.c He opened it up, half-disgusted. His grey eyes glanced over the pages, reading the characters, some of which were uinfamiliar to him. He was grateful for the language classes he had taken at the University, now. He glanced up at the patient-looking Malkavian. He was about to ask him how he knew his name, but shut his mouth. Damn it. I let my guard down. He looked at the book again, and wiped off bits of candle wax. He began to read it. He came across some characters he did not understand, and looked back at where Mal had been sitting, only to see he had moved, now rambling on at something else. A small smile escaped Joshua's lips. Malkavians were an entertaining group, for sure. He walked over to him, and spoke. "Sir, what does this mean?" He was pointing at a set of characters on the page.

Formerly verilon

Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

The vampire looked at Joshua, the coldness of the gaze and the demonic playfullness that flared within held an aura that could scare yet intruige mortal and kindred alike. He moved real close to the text, his silver locks falling about his face. Without warning he straightened up sending hair across Joshua's face, a hand idly moving the cross from his chest, the blackened flesh repairing itself before Joshua's eyes.

"Poor poor fledgling, young childer with little be the age of Cain nor the age of lucidity below your empty belt. Little much, little much you forgot to read it the right way, get it, got it, do it..." The vampires face twisted into an almost childlike pout of disapproval. "Fool".

With that he turned back to the bar, waiting a bit before walking back to the table which the group had gathered round, another glance given over the patrons before once again walking up to Joshua. "Its rather simple, simple indeed, any child with latin and mindfall can read it like a waterfall, a water fall raining stone and slet, a twist, a paradox of the world..." Again Mal looked over the text "Rebirth... death... Gehena... images of crosses and vampires playing in the light of God... Peanut butter thunderbolts, plague winds of daisys, old dead clansmen, Cain laughing, rats drowning oh~lala, much comes from simple words, text" Grabed the book, turning the pages to a crude drawing, a scene of someone fighting something and random lines that may, to some, actually mean something "Picture worth one word, redeath, rebirth, relife, reeeeee... re!" He smiled again, sitting on a stool and spinning around

" didn't your ante ever tell you to be weary of men of true knowledge, were knowledge drives back the burdens of sanity, were knowledge drives the imbound with pure genius to a land were nitrogen dash one fifty is K and cools the mound of gray, but fails?" The Malkavian stood up and once again partake in circuling the table that Alec sat, listening to them with quiet intruige.

Justice League
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Joshua's eyes followed the Malkavian. The Malk's eyes danced with the same fire that always seemed to be in Michael's. He thought for a minute. Rebirth. Death. The two main themes of a Vampire's life. He knew this was why Michael had come to New Orleans.

"Malkavian," he said, "what is the purpose of the book?"

He sat down next to Alec.

Formerly verilon

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Dachlan shot a cold glare at Jack. "I can assure you all of the things you heard about are true, my young fool." His voice was as cold as ice. "And more things you haven't heard about. If I can give you this advice: Know where your place is, and don't meddle in Tremere affairs."
He held his glare a second longer, then his eyes softened a bit.
"But I am sorry. How should a neonate know about such things? I keep forgetting how awfully young you are. If you reach my age and status, then maybe..."
His voice dropped off and for the tiniest moment one could see a smile forming in his face.
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

"I suppose you're in a position to teach, eh?" Jack snapped. He kept the circling Malkavian in his peripheral vision as he continued the conversation.

"Last I checked, I fought and died to keep this country free so that people could express their views. My sire said he never had much use for the warlocks save for the ocassional spell in his pathetic crusade. I've yet to run across one that didn't have his own schemes running. I prefer the honesty of a stand up fight."

He smiled crookedly at Dachlan.

"No offense meant, Dachlan, its just that I've noted that our kind tends to react rather impulsively to things like clan affiliations and bloodlines. For instance, I've had run ins with Assamites between here and New York and all they keep shouting when they attack is my sire's name - go figure." Jack shrugged.

He found himself wishing for a cigarette. A nasty habit his wife tried to break him of but never really could. Ever since the Embrace he had tried his best to at leats honor that wish if he could never see her again. or could he?

Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Oberleutnant wrote: "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Anton Menschikoff," he said, delivering the words with a soft Russian accent. He then kissed her on the hand, noticing the reaction of the three men whom she had talked to earlier. They seemed very cautious.

"Could we talk for a moment, please?"
She looked towards the Malk wondering just what he was up to. There were norms in the bar and if he didn't quiet down soon, he'd scare them away. She turned her attention to the new man and spoke to him in Russian. <"A pleasure to meet you, Anton. How may I help you?">
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Michael cocked his head at the sound of Anna speaking Russian. He dared no tlook away from his table though. And he knew Joshua would be doing the same. It was rare to have foreigners in their midst.

Joshua quickly turned his head towards Anna. If there was someone Russian, Joshua would be the first to know what they were saying. He knew that the Malkavian was there, and noticed very...strange....details, but too late. He looked back at the Malk, and pressed his question with his cold grey eyes. He smoothed his hair back with his left hand; he did not want it getting in his face.

Formerly verilon

Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

The vampire leaned close, whispering in his ear "you ask of knowledge from one you know not of? Fool, fool, neonate fool. Teeth to be cut and shaped like roses, courage and determination is red and flowers have language. The book, the books meaning is history, knowledge, like all books" He dropped another book on the table, the leather cover had lost its title and the text written in latin, from reading it one could tell that it was a hand copied version of he Bible for 3/4 of the book before the writtings became twisted and lunacy twisted the stories of the Old Testament.

"Knowledge, Cain, rebirth, death, the poor Caps lost their heads because they drank from the knowledge of elders and our farther. A curse, a boil, an egg and some mayo, all combine to make the only thing that defines essence. Enough, you understand or understand not, but I have work to give of to Anna, and an antique to collect, one to burn your bloody soul out" He laughed, finally sitting down at the table uninvited, watching the quarlling kindred with demonically playful eyes.

Justice League
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

verilon wrote: Michael was at the table with all the other Vampires. He knew that now that Joshua was here, they were in more danger than before. He rued himself for not having told Joshua the situation. And although he was sitting there with a disgusting Malkavian, Michael knew that Joshua could hold two or three conversations simultaneously, so listening in on him was no problem.

Michael spoke up, "So what is the plan?"
A rather handsome man smiles. "Well, well. I've not seen you around here before." His voice is as sweet as his smile. "Welcome to the Eye of Horrus and New Orleans. I am Roland." He held his hand, palm down, out to Michael.
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Joshua looked at the Malkavian again. He thought of Michael again. It WAS the book that Michael sought. If Alec had anything to do with this...No. The relationships betweeent he Kindred would go too far, thay HAVE gone too far. His eyes widened at the Malkavian. He gave him a pleading look that was unbecoming of his facial features. His cold eyes grew soft, and watered, welled up with tears. He wiped his eyes, quickly, so no one would notice. He motioned to the Malk, and spoke in his ear. "If this ruins any relations Michael and I have with Anna, I willp have your head."

Formerly verilon

haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Kelly Antilles wrote:A rather handsome man smiles. "Well, well. I've not seen you around here before." His voice is as sweet as his smile. "Welcome to the Eye of Horrus and New Orleans. I am Roland." He held his hand, palm down, out to Michael.
Michael takes Roland's hand with his firm grip, turns it aright, and gives him a demeaning look. With a harsh voice, he says, "A pleasure to meet you."

Formerly verilon

Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

verilon wrote:
Kelly Antilles wrote:A rather handsome man smiles. "Well, well. I've not seen you around here before." His voice is as sweet as his smile. "Welcome to the Eye of Horrus and New Orleans. I am Roland." He held his hand, palm down, out to Michael.
Michael takes Roland's hand with his firm grip, turns it aright, and gives him a demeaning look. With a harsh voice, he says, "A pleasure to meet you."
Roland's eyes sparkle. "Ooh, you're strong. So, what brings you to New Orleans?"
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"Dear Jack, I'm over 200 years old now, I have seen the likes of you come, and go. It's your decision which way you will go..."

Damn, that Malkavian is irritating. Can't he just shut up and sit down, or something?
He concentrated on Jack again.
"Where you come from is part of what you are. There is no denying that. You would be best advised to listen to your fellow vampires, and the elders. Without a biological family around, your fellow vampires are your family."
He chuckled.
"And if you show me one of us who hasn't at least one little scheme of his running, I'd be surprised."
GALE Force Euro Wimp