Power armor sketch.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

1.75 metres tall is kinda short though Muffin, considering I'm 1.8. You'd need short people to use it.
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

gheto edit 9 ft. tall. there we go.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Excellent. Now it is worthy to go smash stuff up! And I still can't get how good you are. How long did that one take you though, now that you're back working?
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

About 45 minutes during lunch.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Zombie Jesus, that is impressive.
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

All righty! This warpig stands 1.75m tall, weights about 380.55Kg,and is able to run about 48Kph sustained.
Can it jump high? Doesn't need to fly, but assisted jumps are necessary
This power armor is very articulated and can fire from most positions ranging from prone to standing. This can also fire on the move, but at half running speed (for accuracy).
Lose the half running speed thing. If you have the tech to build the suit, you'll have a righetous fire control system.

The sensor array on is situated above the head of the pilot and has magnification, NVG P/A, infared, and UHF/VHF radio. The head is backed up with a secondary external camera mounted in the chest.
[/quote]

Add a thermal imager, laser comm system, external pickup mikes and voice amplification system. When the comms are jammed and the laser is blocked, you can always yell real loud.
Weapons modified for this design incorporate a mounted gun camera for remote viewing(not displayed on this model).
I'd put the gun camera on the forearm.
It can serve as a backup to the primary targeting system. I'm thinking something similar to Robocop's targeting system
I'm keeping the independent head.
I'm with you here. The pilot may get sensory overload with to much input coming in from all directions.
Drum feeds are available for some weapons, but many utilize the backpack mounted ammo container with belt feed. 70% of the backpack is used for power generation and redundant comms. Up to 30% is free space usually used for ammo.
If you want to keep belt fed ammo, have it feed from a flexible track. Your drawing seems to indicate this type of feed.
This model power armor is resistant up to 14.5 mm AP point blank to the forward chest, upper arm, and complete leg assy.
Make it resistent to 20-30mm. As I said, if you have the tech base to build the suit, it should be no problem to armor it up. If the enemy wants to stop the suits, the're going to need heavy guns everywhere.

Don't forget to add a couple of smoke grenade launchers.

As for UAVs, either have a couple of bird sized ones that can be launched, fly around and be recovered, or have some tennis ball sized that are fired from a launcher and just arc over the battlefield.

I want to see a drawing with the suit armed with a minigun! :D
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Deathstalker wrote: I want to see a drawing with the suit armed with a minigun! :D
A minigun missile launcher! :D

What?
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

Ford Prefect wrote:A minigun missile launcher!

What?
Yes, and the next suit off the production line will be an ammo carrying model. Don't leave home without one!

But something like this 7.62mm minigun firing 6-10 mm caseless ammo would do the trick.

Odd it's called a "minigun".
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Can it jump high? Doesn't need to fly, but assisted jumps are necessary
Jumping isn't necessary, it makes you a nice big airborne target for those precious few seconds. The ability to scale obstacles and traverse terrain is more important. This along with limited jumping ability(ie: across a 10 foot ditch) are really useful for remaining stealthy during battlefield conditions. For airborne ops I'd get a chopper or fighters.
Lose the half running speed thing. If you have the tech to build the suit, you'll have a righetous fire control system.
All the FCS in the world won't help when you are bounding across broken terrain at full sprint. Running with a gun and trying to hit anything is damn near impossible. If this were a tank on the other hand...

Add a thermal imager, laser comm system, external pickup mikes and voice amplification system. When the comms are jammed and the laser is blocked, you can always yell real loud.
The infared is a thermal imager, like on the apache gunship and cadillac seville. I forgot external mikes? DOH!
'd put the gun camera on the forearm.
It can serve as a backup to the primary targeting system. I'm thinking something similar to Robocop's targeting system
The only problem is mounting a camera in the arm. There are numerous technical difficulties like bypassing armor and the hand actuator systems. My idea was a weapon based plug and play camera/targeter that connected to a port in the arm.

I think 20-30mm is a little to much for this suit. Hmmm smoke...I'll tos in a launcher.
For miniguns and BIGOSITYISMNESS!!! watch this next post...
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

"Fats Widebody" incorporates most everything discussed in the previous post. It's bigger and more heavily armored.

For reference, the minigun is the same 20mm minigun found on many fighters of today.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

TheMuffinKing wrote:Image

"Fats Widebody" incorporates most everything discussed in the previous post. It's bigger and more heavily armored.

For reference, the minigun is the same 20mm minigun found on many fighters of today.
The not only would the guy run out of ammo in literally 2seconds, he would also be knocked over by the recoil. Minigun by the way refers to a serie of small rifle caliber galting guns, not large automatic cannon like the M61.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

Jumping isn't necessary, it makes you a nice big airborne target for those precious few seconds. The ability to scale obstacles and traverse terrain is more important. This along with limited jumping ability(ie: across a 10 foot ditch) are really useful for remaining stealthy during battlefield conditions. For airborne ops I'd get a chopper or fighters.
Jumping is useful for clearing obstacles, but I agree it should not be the primary mode of movement.
All the FCS in the world won't help when you are bounding across broken terrain at full sprint. Running with a gun and trying to hit anything is damn near impossible. If this were a tank on the other hand...
I think you can have an FCS that can handle it, but it's no big deal.
The infared is a thermal imager, like on the apache gunship and cadillac seville. I forgot external mikes? DOH!
Read right over it.
The only problem is mounting a camera in the arm. There are numerous technical difficulties like bypassing armor and the hand actuator systems. My idea was a weapon based plug and play camera/targeter that connected to a port in the arm.
It could be mounted externally, but then you might as well have it on the weapon system anyway.
I think 20-30mm is a little to much for this suit
You want to give it a chance against vehicle and aircraft cannons. 20-30mm doesn't make it wanked.

As for the drawing, I actually prefer your previous drawing. What Sea Skimmer said about the gun is right on. Have a three barrelled gun firing 10 mm caseless ammo, and have a 20-25-30mm grenade launcher on the other hand. When operating with other suits, a couple should be armed with AA and AT missiles
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

As for the drawing, I actually prefer your previous drawing. What Sea Skimmer said about the gun is right on. Have a three barrelled gun firing 10 mm caseless ammo, and have a 20-25-30mm grenade launcher on the other hand. When operating with other suits, a couple should be armed with AA and AT missiles
Yeah, I like the previous one too. AA and AT missiles will be easy enough to add. :D
The not only would the guy run out of ammo in literally 2seconds, he would also be knocked over by the recoil. Minigun by the way refers to a serie of small rifle caliber galting guns, not large automatic cannon like the M61.
Bah, I should have written this before, my bad. The arm cannon has an adjustable rate of fire from single shot to 2000rds a minute. At full ROF, the unit must brace itself in postion to handle the recoil.

I always wondered why they called them miniguns. :)

I looked over the posts, sorry if I sound bitchy. :?
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

no new stuff, just color and photoshop filtration!
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

Righteous 'flage job! I like the rounded armor better than the slab side armor. A question. Is the suit a "second skin" where the pilots fingers fit into the hands , or does his hands stay inside the forearms of the suit and the hands of the suit are external?
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

You're damn good at the camo jobs Muffin.
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Is the suit a "second skin" where the pilots fingers fit into the hands , or does his hands stay inside the forearms of the suit and the hands of the suit are external?
Good question. The hands are an external device, the pilot is safely ensconced within the suit. I should have put more anatomical thought into this beast...
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

Good question. The hands are an external device, the pilot is safely ensconced within the suit. I should have put more anatomical thought into this beast...
Good answer, good answer! Only thing that is needed is to make the arms a little longer. Just to clarify, the pilots limbs are in the suits limbs right? Just need to be sure, otherwise we are treading very near a mech, which would mean a HAB show trial could follow.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Just to clarify, the pilots limbs are in the suits limbs right? Just need to be sure, otherwise we are treading very near a mech, which would mean a HAB show trial could follow.
I hear treason isn't tolerated, eh Deathstalker? :D Seriously though, you could essentially class a suit of powered armour like this as a small mech.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Yes, the pilot is inside and wears this like a suit. The head, hands, and feet ae all extensions of the pilots anatomy.

Code: Select all

Good answer, good answer! Only thing that is needed is to make the arms a little longer. Just to clarify, the pilots limbs are in the suits limbs right? Just need to be sure, otherwise we are treading very near a mech, which would mean a HAB show trial could follow.[quote]

So yes. They are in the suit. I had a good exmple around here somewhere...[/quote]
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Ahh here we are...

http://www.trooperpx.com/AFS/ImagesNT/NewType02.gif

My suit is designed in a similar fashion.
darth korte
Youngling

Post by darth korte »

TheMuffinKing wrote:Image

looks bit like combination of tau crisis battlesuit and space marine power armor (from warhammer 40k)
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Hmm, thats interesting, I was looking at a crisis suit when I drew this. I really drew my references from armored suit votoms and gasaraki, with a little Nadesico mixed in. I must work on a better version!