A FACE FULL OF FIST

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

A FACE FULL OF FIST

Post by Lord Poe »

Well Ladies and Gents, here's my latest flick made with the game, "The Movies"::

A FACE FULL OF FIST

I couldn't upload it to The Movies Online due to some horrible sound sync problems, so I rebuilt the sound in a real movie making program.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

God I love the old Bruce Lee movie sound effects.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

That was awesome. :)
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Couple of tips from an anal-retentive bastard: Fire your LD and sound guy ;)
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Waaaaay too dark. Other than that...I'd see it. It has Bruce Lee whooping ass.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I liked it but doesn't that subway resemble a lot like the one in The Matrix?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

That's so cool, in fact, it's so cool, I'm gonna go get The Movies tomorrow and use it to make a music video!
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I liked it. Looks like a nice program.
Did anyone else get "Palpatine's Office" vibes from the villan's lair?
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

Post by Kenny_10_Bellys »

Pros:
Nice direction during the fight scene at the end
It has Bruce Lee and Williams in it, kickin ass
'Enter the Dragon' ringtone
'Enter the Dragon' style villan speech
Matrix vibe from the subway

Cons:
Very dark
Poor plot and continuity, Williams is dead if Lee already knows Roper

7/10, anything with Bruce Lee automatically rates higher anyway. Is this made within that game that come out? Can you actually make a movie in it? Did you just pick generic characters within the game, or did you import a character that actually looks like Williams? Tell us all...
visit http://www.kennyscrap.com for all your crap model needs.
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Kenny_10_Bellys wrote:Pros:
Nice direction during the fight scene at the end
It has Bruce Lee and Williams in it, kickin ass
'Enter the Dragon' ringtone
'Enter the Dragon' style villan speech
Matrix vibe from the subway
Hmm.. You're the second person to mention "The Matrix". I've only seen it once, so I'll have to rent it again!
Cons:
Very dark
Poor plot and continuity, Williams is dead if Lee already knows Roper
I'm going to try a better quality upload tomorrow. BTW, if you have video you want online, check this place out:

http://www.youtube.com
Are you talking about continuity from "Enter The Dragon"? Its not supposed to be a sequel. I just wanted the same characters in the flick!
7/10, anything with Bruce Lee automatically rates higher anyway. Is this made within that game that come out? Can you actually make a movie in it? Did you just pick generic characters within the game, or did you import a character that actually looks like Williams? Tell us all...
Yes, this entire thing was made in "The Movies". However, my computer is probably on the cusp of the minimal settings, because I had to add the sounds in another video program because of severe sound sync issues when I tried to export the movie. The game alows you to have the actors lip sync to any dialogue you assign to them.

I made all the actors in a program that comes with the game called "Starmaker". I liked the way Lee and Williams came out, but I couldn't make a good John Saxon.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Dalton wrote:Couple of tips from an anal-retentive bastard: Fire your LD and sound guy ;)
But he works for free!

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

I shouldn't promote someone else's movie in my own thread, but this is fuckin' funny!

http://movies.lionhead.com/movie/9202

Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Lord Poe wrote:
Dalton wrote:Couple of tips from an anal-retentive bastard: Fire your LD and sound guy ;)
But he works for free!
You get what you pay for ;)
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

It was okay, though I almost closed it about half-way through. One tip for anyone making movies or shorts involving fist-fights: that cliche were the badguy dies by being impaled into a convinient nearby sharp object is old and tiresome. Grow some balls and let the good guy beat the badguy to death already!
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Adrian Laguna wrote:It was okay, though I almost closed it about half-way through. One tip for anyone making movies or shorts involving fist-fights: that cliche were the badguy dies by being impaled into a convinient nearby sharp object is old and tiresome. Grow some balls and let the good guy beat the badguy to death already!
It was made to resemble the Lee movies like "Enter The Dragon", dumbass.

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

I uploaded a higher-res version:

http://www.youtube.com/?v=ysJvhxc6nGw

Unfortunately, the sound traveled a bit toward the end. I really need a faster computer.

Also, I uploaded a shittier version on The Movies website. Vote if you wish:

http://movies.lionhead.com/movie/31309

Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

Post by Kenny_10_Bellys »

I think I'm going to have to check out this game, it looks like a lot of fun making your own movies let alone playing a game too.

As for your movie on the new site, the Youtube site has real slow and stuttering upload speeds to my PC and I'm not impressed. I think putting it on your own server would be a better idea all round.

The fact that the subway area looks like a clone of the subway in The Matrix, that's hardly a surprise. Given that the first thing people will do is emulate real movies the creators of the game are hardly likely to miss out on The Matrix, are they? I'm betting there's a few movie cliches contained in the games prop and scenery cupboard that many of us would recognise right away.

Oh, and Mr Laguna was right about it being a huge cliche that the baddy is usually impaled at the end rather than being kicked to death by the hero. The fact that you followed that convention could be put down to your movie being a homage to Lee's masterwork, and not because you're unimaginative. Anyway, there's no way he could impale himself on cowhorns in that manner, they're tear him in half at the angle they're lying at.
visit http://www.kennyscrap.com for all your crap model needs.