SDN The gathering cards?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

In further honor of this date, the cards I have made to represent myself on various boards:

Image Image Image Image Image

In even further honor of this date:

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

If I may.

A picture of Lord Yu to be used.

When put into play add a +0/+1 counter to Soontir. Add a counter every two turns until Soontir is put out of play by graveyard or back to the hand.

"His post gradually gets better every hour he's awake but he's still incoherent as Lord Yu."

If there's any/all changes you like to make that you think fits me, they're fine with me.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

To clarify, this is Lord Yu.

Sorry about the mix-up.

Heheh, that's goood.

Edit: Oopse, I meant "posts" too. See what I mean, my mind is sooo not here.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Sorry, generally if I don't recognize a reference, I just assume its their avatar. :wink:

The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

Anybody do the Kung-fu master yet?

<edit>Removed some of the abilities to make the card easier to read.</edit>

Brian
Last edited by brianeyci on 2005-11-11 10:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tekore
Redshirt

Post by Tekore »

brianeyci wrote:Anybody do the Kung-fu master yet?
-Picture-

Brian
I'm sorry, but I can't read all the text on the card.

-Nice cards BTW.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Purging ASVSers
BBB

1 black destroy target original ASVS member.
must activate enchant ment at least once a turn.
if there are no original ASVSers then demote ASVSer turned Moderator or higher.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

Brian
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Just a quick little one I thought up. I'm not up on the rules, and just can't get the symbols to work. Comments/thoughts? The idea is that the target becomes hard to kill, but every one wants them dead.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

It should be an enchant creature if it's supposed to be attached to creatures.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

Rogue 9 wrote:It should be an enchant creature if it's supposed to be attached to creatures.
No it should be
Card Name
Enchantment – Aura
Enchant creature
Rest of text.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Is that better? Does it need anything else? (other than symbols, which I can't seem to add)
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Vanas wrote:Is that better? Does it need anything else? (other than symbols, which I can't seem to add)
You can insert Symbols like so:

<T> (Tap sign)
<X> (X)
<R> (Red mana)
<U> (Blue mana)
<B> (Black mana)

and so on.
The Rift
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

of course <*> and <w> work for white manna

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I apologize for the necro, but I figured the changes being undertaken by our leadership deserve immortalization in card form.

ImageImage
ImageImage
The Rift
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Man, that's Brillant.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Post by CDiehl »

I have an idea for a card of myself, but it's based on my LARP character, who has a good number of special abilities. I figure I can get at least four or five cards by dividing up those abilities. Should I go for it, or is it too much?
For the glory of Gondor, I sack this here concession stand!
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

CDiehl wrote:I have an idea for a card of myself, but it's based on my LARP character, who has a good number of special abilities. I figure I can get at least four or five cards by dividing up those abilities. Should I go for it, or is it too much?
What does it entail? I could help in the design, if you need me to.
The Rift
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

Glimmervoid wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote:It should be an enchant creature if it's supposed to be attached to creatures.
No it should be
Card Name
Enchantment – Aura
Enchant creature
Rest of text.
Wtf when did Auras make Enchant Creatures obsolete?

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Noble Ire wrote:I apologize for the necro, but I figured the changes being undertaken by our leadership deserve immortalization in card form.
<snib>
So ... what's a peon?
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Post by CDiehl »

What does it entail? I could help in the design, if you need me to.
Well, the skills I've chosen for the cards, of which there's 5 versions, work a particular way and aren't all that flexible. Also, in translating the skills into Magic terms, they get a little elaborate, using counters a lot, Some of them might be designed to address situations that wouldn't be found in Magic. Also, some of the cards have up to 5 different abilities, so I might have to edit them down. I'll PM the write-ups I've done to you, so I don't clutter the thread.
For the glory of Gondor, I sack this here concession stand!
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Surlethe wrote:
Noble Ire wrote:I apologize for the necro, but I figured the changes being undertaken by our leadership deserve immortalization in card form.
<snib>
So ... what's a peon?
Those of lower status or worth; underlings, or menial workers.

In other words, us. :P
The Rift
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Noble Ire wrote:Those of lower status or worth; underlings, or menial workers.

Well, yes. In terms of cards, though; are you just going to have every card not a Senator+ be a peon?
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Surlethe wrote:
Noble Ire wrote:Those of lower status or worth; underlings, or menial workers.

Well, yes. In terms of cards, though; are you just going to have every card not a Senator+ be a peon?
If you hadn't noticed, not every SDN series MtG card here is entirely functional, or effective. :P
Nevertheless, I suppose I could remedy the probelm with a few new cards. I'll get back to you on that. :wink:
The Rift