V:tM - New Orleans by Night

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

"The Prince? Talk to Anna, she'll take care of that. Knows the guy personally. And Assimetes...."

Alec takes a slow of his lastes Vodka victim. He got a thoughtful look on his face.

"None, that I know of. And I make it a habit to know what's going on. Dangerous not to be otherise."
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Stepping back out into the night with his friend, Oswald felt relieved. God he hated those clubs so much. So many young vampires in such a small space. It was unbearable.
"Remember when you used to be lucky to find a half dozen vampires in a town?"
"Oh yes, those were the days. Now all it is is neophytes and younglings, scurrying hither and thither."
"Yes, indeed." Oswald turns his head slightly. Something wasn't right here.
"Troubles my friend?"
"I believe you could say that. A couple of young ones obviously think that I was a bit harsh with them earlier." The crowd of young Brujah stand in an alley, waiting for Oswald to pass. "I really don't feel like dealing with them."
"It would appear that we don't have a choice." Another pair appear from behind them. "Potence potence potence, you young one's drunk on power!" The Malkav begins to shift his jacket off his shoulders. The Eye of Horus was still just in sight, the doormen looking anxiously at the event unfolding. "Potence potence potence! What good is it-" The Malkav throws his coat into the air above his head "-When you can't hit your target?" With a flash the Malkav becomes a blur, and the encroaching circle of vampires suddenly are flung backwards, one by one in a violent mexican wave. Oswald walks forward to the ringleader from earlier. He lies on the ground, clutching his throat.
"What did I tell you?"
"Fuck you! You old man, you have no place here! Its a new clan!"
"Whats the time now?" Oswald looks over at the Malkav.
"4:21am." Oswald looks back down at the young thug.
"See you in ten years." Pulling a stake from within his jacket he plunges it deep into the chest of the Brujah. "Such a pity. I really must talk to the council, who is embracing these trash. Now, we just need to move this poor fool somewhere where he won't be stumbled across by any of his friends."
"Whom are long since gone it would seem..."
"True loyalty is hard to buy today."
"For kindred it always has been. I know of a place... Come, we must call a cab."
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Joshua says to Oswald, although he does not look at him. He keeps his concentration on Mal. "You know, not all the younglings are as such."
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

verilon wrote:Joshua says to Oswald, although he does not look at him. He keeps his concentration on Mal. "You know, not all the younglings are as such."
"I know not all younglings are as such. But not all younglings are Brujah. And not all younglings flaunt their powers so openly and contradict 4000 years of vampire heritage in the process. Not to mention their disgusting habits. I mean that thing there." He motions to the staked vampire, "Is apparently Brujah. We have always had a prediliction to succumbing to the beast, but they have abandoned the old promethian ideals. It truly disgusts me." Oswald turns to look at the Vampire talking to him. "Oswald Mathers-" He extends his hand, "And you are?"
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Having no tbeen too far from the door, Joshua walked outside. "I see," said Joshua. He turns his attention away from the Malk just long enough to see the man's face. He turns back after studying Oswald's face. He extends his arm around his body to meet the other man's hand. "Joshua Sanchez," he says simply.

Formerly verilon

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

"Well Joshua, if you aren't to busy poking your nose into our business perhaps you could go inside and call a cab for us?"
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

A smile cracked Joshua's lips. "So be it," he said. Maybe you would like to come inside as well?" He said it a bit flippantly, even for himself. "I'll buy you a drink, if you like."

Formerly verilon

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

"Sorry, we have to watch our friend here, make sure he doesn't run off." Oswald sniggers slightly. "And anyhow. I never trust the drinks in a kindred bar. Too many risks. So many young ones forget that I grew up in the age of Machiavelli."
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Joshua chuckles a bit. He keeps his eyes on the Malkavian, though. "I understand completely. And that I did not know about you. Learn somthing new every day." He steps inside. "So where are you from?"

Formerly verilon

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

verilon wrote:Joshua chuckles a bit. He keeps his eyes on the Malkavian, though. "I understand completely. And that I did not know about you. Learn somthing new every day." He steps inside. "So where are you from?"
Many years ago I was English. Then Italian, then everywhere. Now here. A full recollection would take several days. Yourself?"
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

"Well, does Albuquerque sum it up well enough for you?" He let out a low chuckle, and then drew in a deep sigh.

Formerly verilon

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

"Now about that cab, would you be so kind?" Oswald flips the vampire a quarter.
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Joshua frowns. Making sure his mind is shielded as best he could (Michael had taught him well), he tought to himself, Damned oler ones....ALWAYS thinking they can boss us around like we're nothing! Pah! He went to the phone booth, grabbed the phone book, and made the call for a cab.

Formerly verilon

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Dachlan took antoher sip of his wine.

"Jack, to answer your question: This city's prince is Darian. Actually a old aqcuaintance of mine, friend even." He chuckled.
"But I would be careful about your Tremere opinion. He is of my clan. And as we Tremere go, a bit sensitive in that matter."

Looking around, he registered all the fuss around their tsble, and especially the older librarian and Anna. I knew Anna attracts intersting times, but this...

At least Dachlan's interst was roused. And that Malkavian still irritated him. He just couldn't understand them. But who could, anyway?

After he observed them for a while longer, the bigger group with the librarian left.

He shifted his focus back on the table, and turned to Alec.
"So, what was that all about?" He nodded to the leaving group, looking innocently. "Books, Malkavians, and people talking in foreign tongues. You don't know anything by chance?"
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Mark S wrote:"No problem at all, Freuline," I said in my thickest, most noble sounding High-German accent. "I was merely commenting on the interesting clientel you seem to have attracted.

"I always love a place with so much to see and do."
((Actually, it would be "Fräulein", and it's quite antiquated nowadays. Some woman do take a bit offense if called Fräulein. Just so you know :-D ))
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

The Malkavian finally stired from a pensive trance, he spun around once, taking in his enviroment and all the changes. A smug sniker crossed him as he remembered the comment made by the young Joshua, his face twisted in maniacal glee at having seen the weak side of the vampire. With that he turned his attention back to Anna and the men that surrounded her, he chuckled as he listened to their different languages being spun about, none of which left the old malkavian in the dust, his road to scholarly studys had made him proficient in all popular languages, and even in some ver primitive tribal ones, and the occasional one that he made up from the fancy of his madness.

Mal stood up abruptly, walking back over to the bar grabbing a random drink from the bartop and downing it, placing the glass back upon the counter. "Books and knowledge, the mindful eye that seeks purity in light and dung that reeks of grace. Books, books, young kindred seeking books to quench the search for knowledge, the fancy of nothingness to preoccupy all to insane minds that live the mortal coil of immortality. Books, books" With that he sat down at the bar, partaking to start reading the third and last book that was written in an ancient and archane code, his voice to low for even kindred to hear yet he still spoke in twisted tongues, he almost look sane in such states.
Last edited by Larz on 2002-12-05 12:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Once again we wanted our heroes to be simple, grizzled everymen with nothing to lose; one foot in the grave, the other wrapped in an American flag and lodged firmly in a terrorist's asshole."

Brotherhood of the Monkey: Nonchalant Disgruntled Monkey
Justice League
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Joshua finished the call, and walked past Oswald with a slight sneer. He turned to the table where Alec sat again, and sat across from him. Maybe this time he'll notice me. Michael and Anna had known each other from a while back, and they had introduced Joshua and Alec at one point. Joshua couldn't remember when, though. He wondered if Alec would even remember him. But he didn't want to interrupt the onversation that was already going on.

The cab that Joshua had called had come quickly. "There is your cab, Oswald. Would you like me to pay for that for you?" he asked sarcastically. He crossed his arms in front of him and looked at the Malkavian again. How curious, to have a Malkavian with those books. I wonder what Michael needs with them?

He stepped up to the Malkavian known as Mal and said, "Mal. What do they want with your books? Why are they so important?" He gestured to Samara and Jay.

"Kill, be killed, the blood spills, it matters not," the Malkavian at the table said. "A vicious cycle it is, the books to learn, learn to teach, teach to steal, steal the books! Hahahaha...." She had long black hair that was matted in places.

Shit, even the Malk is better-behaved than that fool Roland. "Malkavian," he began, and thought better of it. He waved his hand in a "never mind" sort of way.

"What?" said she, drawing out the one syllable for an extra second or two. "Malkavian, yes, and you be Toreador. The books we are here for, to steal, to steal we may draw blood, blood, fromt he writhing bodies of many, to feed, to feed for blood. Hahaha! The books are of blood, not real pages, insanity it seems within, but sanity it will progress to."

The other one in the shadows sat quietly for a moment longer. A deep voice emerged from the darkness. "Sirs," he began, drawing out the s's, snakelike, "I do believe that we are missing the point."

"No," Jay and Samara said simultaneously. Samara continued, "You, sir, have missed the point. It is hard to deciphger the Malkavian's ramble, but she has excellent points. Getting the books will involve bloodshed. Hopefully not too much, if at all, but there will more than likely be killing involved."

Formerly verilon

Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Dahak wrote:
Mark S wrote:"No problem at all, Freuline," I said in my thickest, most noble sounding High-German accent. "I was merely commenting on the interesting clientel you seem to have attracted.

"I always love a place with so much to see and do."
((Actually, it would be "Fräulein", and it's quite antiquated nowadays. Some woman do take a bit offense if called Fräulein. Just so you know :-D ))
((Thanks for the tip (and the spelling correction). It still fits though. Maybe even more so.))

Just as the bar's owner and her newest friend lost me by switching to ancient Greek (I think), the loony strode past again, ranting away as usual. I watched him down his unoffered drink and wondered how some of us could get to be like that. Blood deprivation maybe? I didn't know but I certainly wondered everytime I saw one like this.

Left to my own devices once more, I leaned in beside the man, I think I had heard someone call him Mal, and tried to pull him away from his reading. What can I saw? I was a little bored and I clearly wasn't acting myself tonight anyway. I decided I'd try and stir up the shit a little bit.

"So what 'ya readin' there," the german accent was gone now. It dissolved like the moment I had used it. "Don't see many folks coming to places like this to read."
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Roland shook his head and tisked the young ones. "Oh, bloodshed is not good. Not good at all. You wish to bring down the wrath of Lady Bruck? I pitty you." He stood, smiled and walked from the table.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

"If you ask me Dachlan, this all smells of an adventure in the works, and I'm in no mood for adventures. Lost books, whiney kooks, mysterious strangers circling our table, it stinks to me of potential trouble." Jack said with a frown.

"I can't get away from this stuff no matter what city I go to. You would think that my kind would at least have the common decency of not getting involved in the twisted plots of ancients and elders, but no one respects a vagabond, much less one that wants to be left alone."

Jack sighed softly and eyed the strangers around the table with a wary gaze.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"Well Jack," Dachlan's clear voice answered, "I don't like adventures, too. They are too unpredictable for my taste. But if one can't avoid it, I tend to go along. There maybe something useful to be gained from it."

Dachlan saw Jack eyeing the strangers.

"Interesting menagerie, innit Jack?" He snickered. "But that Malkavian bothers me a bit. An unpredictable lot..."
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

A new group enters the bar, all wearing tailored suits. Very Giovanni by the look of them. Three stride towards the bar while six more fan out and cover the exits.

Anna looks up and groans inwardly. She looks towards Alec, only to see he's already disappeared. Striding towards the newcommers, she plasters a smile upon her face. "Welcome to the Eye of Horrus."

The three stop and look at her. "We know he's here, Ms. Bruck," says the big one in the middle. "You would do best to turn him over to us immediately."

"And just who are you referring to?" She crossed her arms, a signal to others, and proceeded to stare down a Giovanni nearly ten times her size.

"Well, if you won't give him up the give us the book. We will be on our way once it is in our possession."

"What book is that?"

Everyone in the bar was silent as the pettite woman continued to defy the larger man.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Dachlan shifted uncomfortably as the new group entered the bar. They oozed trouble out of every pour.

Alec just disappeared, and then he sat straight up, as Anna walked up to them and he heard her talking to him.

Somebody's in big trouble. And those are so...Giovanni. I so have enough of them.

"Something very bad is in the making, dear Jack," Dachlan murmured to him, nodding towards the Giovanni.
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Jack stiffened. Every fiber of his being wanted to intervene. Here was this petite woman being bullied by some thugs. He hated that. But at the same time he knew that the formalities of undead life were such taht she could easily have killed hundreds of people in her lifetime with nary a thought - in other words she could hardly be called a lady.

But something about the image of Anna being confronted by these two bit thugs was not sitting right with him, perhaps it was his still too mortal frame of reference, perhaps it was the fact that he had spent most of his life protecting women, maybe it was because Jack had started to feel that his unlife had absolutely no meaning, maybe even a shade of Geoffrey's chivalrous and outmoded views of honor and decency had affected him in some way but suddenly Jack slowly stood up and regarded each of the thugs, the weight of his 9mm under his arm was a comfort. The cold steel strapped to his back a constant reminder that his sire expected him to fight as they had always done in the days of old, with steel and claw.

Jack felt a call to action.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

Mal looked up from his readings towards the man next to him, a single word growled out from his throat, its tones feral, despite any training it still made his hairs tingle "Malkavian". His eyes now pierced into the stranger next to him, the demonic flames in his eyes danced as he turned over the mans dropping of the accent.

"Poor poor Malkavians, a clan, a cult, a family gathering of sort. He was so wise and yet so greedy and Cain did sup the things that make us so fearful of knowledge. Cain did gifted us with insight that poor fangs with stomachs are exculded from, having mind of man and man on mind." He smiled darkly, leaning close to the person, he pulled the book so that the man could read see the tattered, old pages.

"Knowledge, life, death, rebirth, blood, bonds, and destruction. Books, books, the horsemen of the apocalypse. Gehena and Antes sup from their sire and bring lovely peace to the earth and their hunger..." He smiled quaintly, with a harsh bite to it the malkavian barked out at the man "READ!... find knowledge and perhaps you may be blessed only to turn to dust..." Mal smiled wickedly as he spun on the stool, the archane code was a lost one, indeed it would take a very old scholar to decrypt the archaic lines and curves that covered the script.

"With adieu, you are done, please deposit, 5 more centuries of life for the party line of doom" With that the Malkavian snatched the text away with incredible speed, he spun, laughing and planted the book upon the bartop again before him. He turned his attention to Joshua, a sneer crossing his face "Begone welp, have ye no sanity, no mind to understand, your young eyes have no place to understand nor no soul to mind whats said. Perhaps with several more eons, a couple of millenia it will be apparant to you, less your howling mad Ante were to come by then and sup the you and thus you would live forever only to cure a stub, a cut, a boil on his butt" He snikered, the joke made sense to him at least. "Search out welp, carve out bodys and find the sickle ore truth that lies within the gut of the immortal." The madman closed the book, turning his full fancy upon the inquiering kindred. With a dark smile he spoke in a normal tone, loosing the ranting anger and dynamics of his previous speaking.

"Touch my cross boy and praise our lord, test the bounds of need for knowledge, torch the being and feel the only reality pierce into your vains..."
"Once again we wanted our heroes to be simple, grizzled everymen with nothing to lose; one foot in the grave, the other wrapped in an American flag and lodged firmly in a terrorist's asshole."

Brotherhood of the Monkey: Nonchalant Disgruntled Monkey
Justice League