Join the Army! (fairly big pics, shit resolution)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Medic
Sith Devotee

Join the Army! (fairly big pics, shit resolution)

Post by Medic »

And have worlds-a-fun. It's not for everyone to be sure -- here's some visual evidence. The goofy looking guy in the 2nd picture is a taller, 9-minute younger version of myself, PV2 Brungardt. :P

The only protection we had was a large hangar where everyone slept and worked in (note: the hangar did not have a door, it was stolen by the insurgents. Note again: the door weighed about 8 tons).
A home away from home joke if ever there was one,
The worst way possible to pitch "Satellite communications!" to a recruitee,
all in a scenic environment!

I didn't sign up to sit on my thumbs all cuddled up in a safe Army post the whole time and I'd like to be there too but that shot ain't mine to take.

There's a little bit of brotherly rivalry too. We're fraternal twins, I was first but he's bigger, I'm smarter (he can think what he wants!), but he can say he's the best runner in his company. I don't know that yet, partly just because there's 350 motherfuckers in my company and not more than 60 in his. But last I checked, I outrank him. 8)
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Well shit, maybe that new camo will work......
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Re: Join the Army! (fairly big pics, shit resolution)

Post by MKSheppard »

PFC Brungardt wrote:(note: the hangar did not have a door, it was stolen by the insurgents. Note again: the door weighed about 8 tons).
BULLSHIT.

It was stolen by Australian troops.
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

MKSheppard wrote:
PFC Brungardt wrote:(note: the hangar did not have a door, it was stolen by the insurgents. Note again: the door weighed about 8 tons).
BULLSHIT.

They will steal almost anyhting. Even the stuff thats bolted down. 3rd ID is still looking for 5 HMMWVs
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Zed Snardbody wrote:
MKSheppard wrote:
BULLSHIT.

They will steal almost anyhting. Even the stuff thats bolted down. 3rd ID is still looking for 5 HMMWVs
What the flying fuck? Really? It is a little hard to believe that insurgents would steal something 8 tons, they're by and large lazy fucks.

Funny thing about 1st ID the last time it deployed, some Iraqi asked some Joe who some soldiers had the the red patch ("The Big Red One") and others had grey-subdued. Of course, the real reason was some were issued this or that or lost one or the other. What this enterprising soldier said instead was "oh yeah, the ones with the red've killed 10 insurgents."

So they became know as "the blood patch." :lol: