Calling All 3D Spaceship Artists...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Calling All 3D Spaceship Artists...

Post by Lord Poe »

Would anyone like to help me out on a project?

I need a 3D spacship for the game, "The Movies". There's currently no way to import animation into the game, but you can add "backdrops." What I'd need is a spaceship pictured from all sides, including 3/4 front/rear views. The current "set" I'm using would be perfect. Here's a few shots:

If someone could make a complete ship out of this, You'll get a credit in my eventual virtual "movie" :P

Since the ship isn't intact, there's a lot of leeway for creativity. Here's my meager attempt in MS Paint:

So really, I',m looking for a trasport ship a bit smaller than the Millennium Falcon, but much bigger than a UFP shuttlecraft. Need pictures on perfect white background, so I can cut n paste as needed. And I'd need at least one front 3/4 landing gear pic (ship on the ground) and one 3/4 rear landing gear pic. Anyone interested?

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I'd help you out if I could do any modelling for beans, but I can't. Sorry about that, but I have some movies questions:

How do you destroy a lot when you need to?I've stopped playing it for the moment since I can't make a PR office due to lack of space.

Is it possible to script your own scenes beyond the default (like make one of a load of people running, running people over in cars, zombie feeding frenzies, etc)?
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Jawawithagun
Jedi Master

Post by Jawawithagun »

drop a builder on it and choose destroy IIRC
"I said two shot to the head, not three." (Anonymous wiretap, Dallas, TX, 11/25/63)

Only one way to make a ferret let go of your nose - stick a fag up its arse!

there is no god - there is no devil - there is no heaven - there is no hell
live with it
- Lazarus Long
Acidburns
Padawan Learner

Post by Acidburns »

I should be able to cook something up, but im not gonna have any time available till another week and a half, or the end of the month maybe.
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Acidburns wrote:I should be able to cook something up, but im not gonna have any time available till another week and a half, or the end of the month maybe.
I'd really appreciate it! I haven't gone "into production" yet!

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Rye wrote:How do you destroy a lot when you need to?I've stopped playing it for the moment since I can't make a PR office due to lack of space.
Hover a builder over the building or set and set them on the "bomb" icon.
Is it possible to script your own scenes beyond the default (like make one of a load of people running, running people over in cars, zombie feeding frenzies, etc)?
Yes; make the "custom script office." Then you can do any kind of movie you want. Do it in "sandbox" mode, and have "automatic movie making" set.

Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

Post by Kenny_10_Bellys »

I myself just bought 'The Movies' on the strength of seeing your first attempt at a movie, and since I can model stuff in Lightwave i thought I'd onto a winner.

It's proving more difficult than I thought however, since I'm playing it in 'career' mode and not the sandbox mode where you can pretty much set yourself up right away.

I might have a go at making a ship to suit the interior of the set, it doesn't look too difficult, but I'd love to know if there was a way to import models into the game so that I could make my own props and so forth. the only thing I've used is the Star-maker kit, which I used to make a Samuel L Jackson last night.

Oh, and I think from the look of the interior and the exterior details of the set that we're actually looking at a Flash Gordon style 30's rocket ship here. It's not going to look like your more modern styled shuttle if I make it, it's going to be retro-a-go-go.
visit http://www.kennyscrap.com for all your crap model needs.
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Kenny_10_Bellys wrote:I might have a go at making a ship to suit the interior of the set, it doesn't look too difficult, but I'd love to know if there was a way to import models into the game so that I could make my own props and so forth. the only thing I've used is the Star-maker kit, which I used to make a Samuel L Jackson last night.
I think the mod community is working on it. So far, they've retexturized a couple sets/
Oh, and I think from the look of the interior and the exterior details of the set that we're actually looking at a Flash Gordon style 30's rocket ship here. It's not going to look like your more modern styled shuttle if I make it, it's going to be retro-a-go-go.
That's exactly what I want. I've had this space story idea for 20+ years, and Firefly came real damned close to it. As it is, I may have to use most of the western sets to tell parts of it!

I got tired of the main game, since I'm not interested in "tycoon" games. I've been to the various forums, and grabbed cheats and things that help unlock content and put up to the year 2000 in sandbox mode at least.

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Sooo.....

Any luck, gents?

salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

So, did i get this right: You want someone to model the ship, then make pictures in jpg(or something) of the frontview, sideview.... and then give you the pictures?
Or do you want the model?
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

salm wrote:So, did i get this right: You want someone to model the ship, then make pictures in jpg(or something) of the frontview, sideview.... and then give you the pictures?
Or do you want the model?
.jpgs from all sides would be fine for now, like a sprite. I'd like the model, but I have no 3D program to view it with.

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Here's another shot: