Cute video of our fish making a cave etc...now with pics!!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Cute video of our fish making a cave etc...now with pics!!

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Hey Guys, I find this so cute I just had to share with you all our fish hard at work making himself a cave under his rock and piling the gravel in a neat pile to make a mountain :) :lol:

click here to see my video

EDIT!! First link does not work... see my next post below for the correct link ;)

I hope you enjoy it :) I know I do :)

BTW he's the only fish in the tank cause he's of the pirahna family of fish (we did not know this when buying him) and he ate all his roommates, I think he might be lonely now so he's making the best of his time in there :)

Edited the title ;)
Last edited by Mrs Kendall on 2006-01-16 12:11pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

Erm, link doesn't work. :?
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Mom, your link leads to an activation link. :)
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Crapitty crap crap. How do you do it then? I'll try another link here...

Try this one

I hope this works :)

*please ignore the kids yelling in the background and my stupid sounding voice on camera :lol:
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

:lol: :lol:

Funny. I've never seen fish build like that.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Did it take long to load for ya? Glad you liked it :D
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mrs Kendall wrote:*please ignore the kids yelling in the background and my stupid sounding voice on camera :lol:
So what did they want Daddy Kendall's help for anyway?
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

They didn't want any help :lol: They were pretending to be caught in a whirlwind, if you can hear it our son is also saying "Maddy look at me, I'm going so fast!!" They were just spinning around in the living room behind me.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Maddy? Is that like some weird unholy combination of a mother and father?

Come to think of it, I haven't seen the Corporal in a while...

:P
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

RogueIce wrote:Maddy? Is that like some weird unholy combination of a mother and father?
It's the daughter's name.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Thanks Spanky, good memory BTW :)
Rogue Ice... let me spell it out for you, the kids were playing with one another. Our Son's name is John and our Daughter's name is Madison (or Maddy) Is that clear enough :P :lol:

Oh and my husband is fine :) He's still here all in one peice ;) Thank God! I don't know what I'd do without him :)
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Long Loading Times

Oh...it needs quicktime.

*reloads in Internet Exploder*

That was cute :wink: And suprising.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Yeah I was afraid of the long load times hindering people's viewing experiences. People, really, I promise, it's worth the wait, it's so cute :) I can provide pictures as well if you want a preview but like I said it's not the same without seeing it happen in action ;)
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Alright, here are some pics of the fish building his mountain and digging his cave, unfortunatly it's too hard to capture the actual moment when the rock is falling (or being spat) out of his mouth which is why I posted the video instead but it seems nobody is interested enough to wait for the video to load. So here you are, a preview of the video ;)

Image Just for kicks, this is him attacking himself, as he has no other fishies to attack :lol:
ImageGoing in to gather the rocks!
ImageJust missed him dropping the rock there
Image turning around to go back in so he can suck up more rocks
Image This is him coming out from under his rock just after he spat out a peice of gravel, you can actually see his mouth in this one all puckered like he just spat it out :lol:

What a silly fish eh ;)
I find this so cute cause I never saw this happen before even though my dad had a 50 gallon fish tank for half of my life. I used to lie down on the floor in front of it and just watch them swim around, so I'm surprised I never saw anything like this before.

Now, Go! Go download the video, it's cute, I promise ;)

*I hope I didn't upload this video for just a couple people* :P
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

I watched it. Very cute fish, he likes his caves doesn't he. :P
Image[
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Yeah apparently, I would say he does it cause he's bored all alone in that ten gallon tank.