Accident Road

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

felineki
Infantile Brat

Accident Road

Post by felineki »

This is an arrangement/remix/cover/whatever you want to call it of Accident Road, the song to the SNES-exclusive High-Speed level of Gradius III:

http://home.mchsi.com/~mbiddinger/accidentroad_3.mp3

I'm hardly an expert when it comes to anything musical, so I mostly do this sort of stuff just for fun, which it certainly provides.

I sequenced it in FL Studio, using the game's dumped SPC file for reference. I didn't do much to change the original song's composition aside from spicing up the percussion a bit (although the parts I added in don't stand out that much, because I wanted them to complement the original percussion rather than distract from it), and adding in a few "Ooh" choirs, because the original arcade version of Gradius III used those in its soundtrack a lot, and I think they sound cool. :P
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Just going off of memory, I find the sound I can only describe as ding ding! to be a little too subdued. Needs to hit harder and a little louder. As it is, the parts of the track where those feature sounds a little muddled. Good job overall though. Nice start, good sounds. Next step: experiment with the arangement!
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

:( This needs more love.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar