Ever see Darkseid with the Infinity Gauntlet? Whoa

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

DCU Santa has heat vision and superspeed... according to Plastic Man.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Ghost Rider wrote: Pfft Lobo ass raped Santa and all those lowly elves
That was Authority Santa [alternate earth], DC Santa is immune to the OE and gives coal to Darkside [who knows that he is coming] every year, if that isn't bad-ass I don't know what is. 8) .
Actually, Superman did give Thor a blast of heat vision right before he caught his hammer and made him eat dirt.
Not even full power heat vision, since that can almost shoot through most top tiers [ask WonderWoman who is tougher than Marvel top tiers in general].
according to Plastic Man.
DCU Santa easily overpowers Superman, he's been pwning Darkseid even before he became Jobberseid :P
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Galvatron wrote:
Superman wrote:When did Thor and Doomsday go at it?
They didn't, but since Superman said Thor may be his single toughest opponent, I'd assume that means he's even tougher than Doomsday was.

So Thor pwnz Doomsday? :wink:
actually in the mini series you can see thor smacking down Doomsday in one of the last panels before he gives superman his hammer.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

thecreech wrote: actually in the mini series you can see thor smacking down Doomsday in one of the last panels before he gives superman his hammer.
Nope:
Not there, maybe you mean the earlier shot with Thor smacking Solomon Grundy [born on a monday] away?
I went over it and I can't find Doomsday anywhere, it's also possible that the villains were weakened somehow since Surtur alone should have slaughtered most of the team. [rather than being handled off panel]
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

DEATH wrote:
thecreech wrote: actually in the mini series you can see thor smacking down Doomsday in one of the last panels before he gives superman his hammer.
Nope:
Not there, maybe you mean the earlier shot with Thor smacking Solomon Grundy [born on a monday] away?
I went over it and I can't find Doomsday anywhere, it's also possible that the villains were weakened somehow since Surtur alone should have slaughtered most of the team. [rather than being handled off panel]
here you go. now if you can name some other villan who's foot and leg look like than then let me know. Thanks. Other than that, that is doomsday

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Hmm, Guess I'm wrong, still doesn't say much since Doomsday was about then Doomsday Rex and was Supermans Bitch when they fought.

The fights there did have a large factor of PIS in them since the hero's should not have steamrolled a good deal of those villains, I mena Cap America one shotting Prometheus, WW holding Surtur off with a little help? Still a good comic and relatively free of the original crossover stupidity.
Photography
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

DEATH wrote:Hmm, Guess I'm wrong, still doesn't say much since Doomsday was about then Doomsday Rex and was Supermans Bitch when they fought.

The fights there did have a large factor of PIS in them since the hero's should not have steamrolled a good deal of those villains, I mena Cap America one shotting Prometheus, WW holding Surtur off with a little help? Still a good comic and relatively free of the original crossover stupidity.
well all that goes without saying which leads back to the whole superman vs thor fight. On a whole JLA/Avengers Crossover was a C- at best. It gets alot of A+s in stupidity
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

I thought it was an alright book. The story could have been better, but it wasn't bad.

I can see Thor being able to knock Doomsday out. Afterall, by the time Superman stopped holding back (during Supes' initial fight with Doomsday), he was already starting to wear down and take damage. Thor went at Doomsday at full blast. And let's not forget that Doomsday killed mullet Superman, who was significantly weaker.

Now, the the DC vs. Marvel crossover... THAT gets an A+ in stupidity.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Superman wrote:Now, the the DC vs. Marvel crossover... THAT gets an A+ in stupidity.
Ooooohhh!!!! Screenshots, Screenshots! I want Stupidity!
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Crossroads Inc. wrote:
Superman wrote:Now, the the DC vs. Marvel crossover... THAT gets an A+ in stupidity.
Your brain couldn't handle it, [and I don't have a scanner].
The stupidest bits are:
Wonder Woman being beaten by Strom [easily, even after kicking Storm].
Captain Marvel being pinned down by a Ferry Wheel. [he's almost as strong as Superman but he's trapped by a measly multi ton wheel
:roll: ].
Lobo [ lower Superman class strength and insane regeneration and durability and immortality] losing to that runt Wovering :x [that made my eyes bleed].

Still not as bad as another corssover that had Venom being immune to Superman's punches and beating the shit out of him [out of S].
Photography
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

As much as a Superman fanboy as I am I have issues with Superman being able to stop Mjolinir with his barehands. Mjolinir is very clearly a magical weapon and as such should be able to put a whomping on Superman especially backed up by Thor's muscle.

I always thought that the Mjolinir magical effect would be a way for Thor Superman fight to be even, I know that Superman is ina different league than Thor strength wise so mano a mano Thor would get pwned but with Mjolinir it should have at least made Superman a little cautious and not gotten away virtually unharmed.

But that's just me. For instance I thought that the idea that Captain Marvel could cold cock Superman with one punch because the source of his strength is magical is just plain silly but a magical weapon should be able to bypass his invuilnerability - two very different applications of his magical weakness.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
StimNeuro
Padawan Learner

Post by StimNeuro »

Stravo wrote:As much as a Superman fanboy as I am I have issues with Superman being able to stop Mjolinir with his barehands. Mjolinir is very clearly a magical weapon and as such should be able to put a whomping on Superman especially backed up by Thor's muscle.

I always thought that the Mjolinir magical effect would be a way for Thor Superman fight to be even, I know that Superman is ina different league than Thor strength wise so mano a mano Thor would get pwned but with Mjolinir it should have at least made Superman a little cautious and not gotten away virtually unharmed.

But that's just me. For instance I thought that the idea that Captain Marvel could cold cock Superman with one punch because the source of his strength is magical is just plain silly but a magical weapon should be able to bypass his invuilnerability - two very different applications of his magical weakness.
The difference is that Supes was using his super-strength against Thor, not his invulnerability. He's trying to catch what is essentially a very heavy object (Thor's strength providing most of the 'weight') that has flat surfaces with his bare hands. No invulnerability required there. Now if Mjolinir had been a blade weapon and Supes had tried to catch the edge, then he would have been pitting his invulnerability against the weapon and would have been injured.
"Well, it's too bad that thread pilots aren't allow to carry pistols.
Otherwise they would have stopped you." - Pablo Sanchez
Superman

Post by Superman »

Granted. Give me a bit.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

StimNeuro wrote:The difference is that Supes was using his super-strength against Thor, not his invulnerability. He's trying to catch what is essentially a very heavy object (Thor's strength providing most of the 'weight') that has flat surfaces with his bare hands. No invulnerability required there. Now if Mjolinir had been a blade weapon and Supes had tried to catch the edge, then he would have been pitting his invulnerability against the weapon and would have been injured.
yet it was shown in the comic that superman is not worthly of lifting Mjolinir (unless thor says so) so your superstrength theory is debunked. Thor did a full swing attack on a superman that was on his back in addition to putting his weight behind it. Superman in not worthy and IMO and his arm probably should of just been slammed down on the ground once the hammer hit him. Of course superman is one of the worst written characters in comic history and nothing any writter does makes sense because everyone looks at superman in a different way. The whole magic weakness can be argued etiher way 1) he is no more vunerable than the guy next to him or 2) it is a serious weakness like kryptonite... why because both have been shown in comics.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Stravo wrote:As much as a Superman fanboy as I am I have issues with Superman being able to stop Mjolinir with his barehands. Mjolinir is very clearly a magical weapon and as such should be able to put a whomping on Superman especially backed up by Thor's muscle.
That's an interesting question. I doubt it has ever been established how, exactly, magic works in either DC/Marvel, leave alone Clark's magic noninvulnerability.
The question as I see it is, is the damage Mjolnir does inherently magical, or is it physical damage magnified by a factor of a gazillion by magical means? Sort of like wether D&D spells, for example, would hurt Clark. Is a Lightning Bolt inherently magic (so it should), or just magically generated electricity (so it wouldn't)?
See above. If Mjolnir's damage is inherently magical I agree.
I isagree, for the reasons stated above. The same reason Marvel shouldn't be able to cold-cock Clark in one punch (his strength is magically augmented but still inherently physical) may also apply to Mjolnir.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Superman

Post by Superman »

Here's possibly the stupidest and most unexplainable fight to ever have happened... (although it was mentioned somewhere in a later book that somebody paid Lobo to take a dive...)

I give you this:

Oh NO! Not a mutant! Whatever can Lobo do against a MUTANT? Let's see, Darksied wants nothing to do with Lobo, he regularly beats the crap out of Superman and he can actually MULTIPLY himself when he takes damage.

Riiiiiight... :?
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Okay, that was positively absurd. I'm rather Logan fanboy myself but him doing in Lobo? You gotta be fucking kidding me. Even in his most wanked-out days Wolverine's prime power was his absurd regenerative abilities. Him doing in someone that can stand toe-to-toe with the Boy Scout? Give me a break.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

DEATH wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote: Pfft Lobo ass raped Santa and all those lowly elves
That was Authority Santa [alternate earth], DC Santa is immune to the OE and gives coal to Darkside [who knows that he is coming] every year, if that isn't bad-ass I don't know what is. 8) .
Unless Lobo has changed universe it isn't.

The same universe where God and Satan also made Lobo immortal as a well Easter Bunny hiring said Santa on the Job.

Some Alternate Earth

MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Superman

Post by Superman »

Here's one where we don't get to see what happens...

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

thecreech wrote:
StimNeuro wrote:The difference is that Supes was using his super-strength against Thor, not his invulnerability. He's trying to catch what is essentially a very heavy object (Thor's strength providing most of the 'weight') that has flat surfaces with his bare hands. No invulnerability required there. Now if Mjolinir had been a blade weapon and Supes had tried to catch the edge, then he would have been pitting his invulnerability against the weapon and would have been injured.
yet it was shown in the comic that superman is not worthly of lifting Mjolinir (unless thor says so) so your superstrength theory is debunked. Thor did a full swing attack on a superman that was on his back in addition to putting his weight behind it. Superman in not worthy and IMO and his arm probably should of just been slammed down on the ground once the hammer hit him. Of course superman is one of the worst written characters in comic history and nothing any writter does makes sense because everyone looks at superman in a different way. The whole magic weakness can be argued etiher way 1) he is no more vunerable than the guy next to him or 2) it is a serious weakness like kryptonite... why because both have been shown in comics.
Could another reason be that Marvel's magic isn't fully compatible with DC's magic? So Mjolnir might not be 100% effective? I don't know if the fight took place in MU or DCU. If it took place in DCU then my opinion stands but if it took place in MU then maybe it is the other way around? Maybe since Supes is from DCU his weakness to magic is more effective in DCU than MU.

I am saying this because of how several superheros were affected by being in the other universe.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Where has it been mentioned that the DC vs. Marvel and the Access series plus the JLA vs. Avengers comics were elseworlds or a "what if"?

I looked through the JLA vs. Avengers comics and I haven't seen any mention of it being an elseworlds or that it was non canon.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Superman

Post by Superman »

Could another reason be that Marvel's magic isn't fully compatible with DC's magic? So Mjolnir might not be 100% effective? I don't know if the fight took place in MU or DCU. If it took place in DCU then my opinion stands but if it took place in MU then maybe it is the other way around? Maybe since Supes is from DCU his weakness to magic is more effective in DCU than MU.

I am saying this because of how several superheros were affected by being in the other universe.
Yes, that is entirely possible because throughout the series, we see examples of how the two universes don't interact very well. For example, In Marvel U. there's no speed force for Flash to tap into.

And Creech, you say Superman is badly written, but can you show me another character who is 69 years old (literally)? Of course he's been revamped a few times.

If you want to talk about other books that are badly written, how about the million X titles that exist(ed) where stories overlap and flow into the other books? How long did it take Marvel's writers to turn that into an incoherent mess? 5 or 6 years?
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

Superman wrote:Yes, that is entirely possible because throughout the series, we see examples of how the two universes don't interact very well. For example, In Marvel U. there's no speed force for Flash to tap into.

And Creech, you say Superman is badly written, but can you show me another character who is 69 years old (literally)? Of course he's been revamped a few times.

If you want to talk about other books that are badly written, how about the million X titles that exist(ed) where stories overlap and flow into the other books?
I don't care about how old he is or if he has been revamped a couple of times, thats not an excuse for how DC has let writters do whatever the hell they want with them because it is still a problem today and no matter how you slice it he is a very poorly written character, him being the worst is just my opinion. If you want to discuss how X titles are bad you can too because i would agree with you. They are terrible.
Last edited by thecreech on 2006-01-18 06:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superman

Post by Superman »

I don't care about how old he is or if he has been revamped a couple of times, thats not an excuse for how DC has let writters do whatever the hell they want with them because it is still a problem today. If you want to discuss how X titles are bad you can too because i would agree with you. They are terrible.
Ah, well we agree on that.

The only major revamp I had a problem with was what I call Byrne's "Mulletization." Luckily, it didn't last very long.

Let's not even mentioned anything about red and blue Superman... :lol:
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

thecreech wrote: I don't care about how old he is or if he has been revamped a couple of times, thats not an excuse for how DC has let writters do whatever the hell they want with them because it is still a problem today
Now, now. While I tend to agree that comic book characters these days aren't all that well written a lot of the time (I should know, I'm one of them) writing a character that a) is practically invincible, and b) has been around for freaking forever isn't exactly easy. Besides, I fail to see how Clark is any more inconsistent than, say, Thor, the Hulk, or any amount of Marvel heroses.
And isn't this moving into FAN territory?