Strong Bad Email #141: death metal

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Strong Bad Email #141: death metal

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

This was just released today, and while SBEs have been music related in the past, I think this is the first one with such a heavy focus. Anyway, I figured since there seemed to be a significant portion of the board population with a death metal affinity, some would find it amusing. I just hope at least some of them are familiar with Homestar Runner to some degree...

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail141.html

Easter egg directions at end:
1. Click on "fresh juice," then on the box Homestar is holding to see a close up of it.
2. Click on "deafening."
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

LMAO! Thanks Spanky :)

"I come for the wuggas, but stay for the jiggy juggas"

ROFLMAO!!!

Edit: Speaking of Strong Bad, we just ordered two adult t-shirts with TROGDOR! on them and they came the other day, and when our son saw them he wanted one, so we just ordered one for him and one for our daughter. They can't wait till they come in the mail.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Mrs Kendall wrote:LMAO! Thanks Spanky :)

"I come for the wuggas, but stay for the jiggy juggas"

ROFLMAO!!!

Edit: Speaking of Strong Bad, we just ordered two adult t-shirts with TROGDOR! on them and they came the other day, and when our son saw them he wanted one, so we just ordered one for him and one for our daughter. They can't wait till they come in the mail.
Everytime I wear mine someone around campus inevitably says "Sweet, Trogdor!" Not as many recognize my The Cheat hoodie though. :(
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

That's funny, because you'd think that if they'd had exposure to the email "dragon," then they'd also have exposure to the rest of the Homestar Runner site, besides just that single email or the Strong Bad Emails section as a whole. There's simply just too much good stuff to ignore.

Uts and I have Homestar star shirts, while I also have a Coach Z medalion shirt and he has a Homsar shirt.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Maybe they were just shown the ultra hilarious Dragon cartoon and never bothered to view the rest of the website, maybe cause they were not interested or they just didn't have time to browse through it all but as far as I remember in that Dragon cartoon you do see some of the other characters.

When I was introduced to the website I was introduced to the e-mails only, I thought that was the only thing that was on the website as I wasn't paying much attention to the small print underneath the e-mail window.
In fact when I was introduced to the site I had the e-mails page bookmarked and had visited it a few times to view all the e-mails and still didn't notice the rest of the site. I only visited the rest of the site when I saw a post from you, Spanky, saying that the rest of the site was hilarious as well.

Oh well, Yup, my son saw the mailman go by yesterday morning and said, oh maybe tomorrow we'll get our dragon shirts. He's gone to school today though, I wonder if he'll be singing the song at school today :lol: He keeps asking to hear it and to watch the video for it in the Dragon Cartoon. What a silly little boy :) He runs around singing "Trogdor! The Burninator!"
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

Yup, Trogdor is pretty awsome. :D
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Heh, I just got back from Corvallis a few minutes ago.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Mildly amusing, but he got death metal confused with black metal.

Compare and contrast:

http://www.myspace.com/nilecatacombs - death metal

and

http://www.myspace.com/666frost - black metal

Now you should all be able to tell the difference between black and death metal. :D
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
LapsedPacifist
Jedi Knight

Re: Strong Bad Email #141: death metal

Post by LapsedPacifist »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:This was just released today, and while SBEs have been music related in the past, I think this is the first one with such a heavy focus.
Focused so heavy or focused on heavy music? Because Techno was classic.

LP
Ogrek is beyond strategy.

<- Avatar from Dr. Roy's List of Stomatopods for the Aquarium
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Post by Oni Koneko Damien »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:That's funny, because you'd think that if they'd had exposure to the email "dragon," then they'd also have exposure to the rest of the Homestar Runner site, besides just that single email or the Strong Bad Emails section as a whole. There's simply just too much good stuff to ignore.
The thing is, Trogdor has taken on a life of his own. I've seen far more Trogdor shirts than I have other Homestar shirts. I even know people who've heard of Trogdor, but not Strongbad. It's become a minor cult-phenomenominominom.
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Re: Strong Bad Email #141: death metal

LapsedPacifist wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:This was just released today, and while SBEs have been music related in the past, I think this is the first one with such a heavy focus.
Focused so heavy or focused on heavy music? Because Techno was classic.
Focused so heavy, but that's because "techno" slipped my mind. Now that I think about it, I think there have actually been several SBEs that have focused on music as a subject matter, although I believe "heavy metal" is the first in quite a while.