Really, really bad popular songs

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Mm-Bop!
La La La Woo Bop!
Hey Hey Mmm-Bop!
La La Da Da Do-Bop!
Wo Wo~!
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Mm-Bop!
La La La Woo Bop!
Hey Hey Mmm-Bop!
La La Da Da Do-Bop!
Wo Wo~!
Ahh, that song from that band that convinced me, for a while, during high school, that there was indeed a God and that he hated me. So yes, that's a really good choice for "Popular music that sucks donkey ass."

Anything by Gwen Stefani from No Doubt's last album to her solo "career" also counts as an affront to music.

Black Eyed Peas used to be good, or at least different, rap, way back in the Goode Olde Days. Then they picked up that girl, who turned out to be a brain-sucking zombie, and turned out two albums of utter shit. For that crime, they must be punished.

Oh yeah, and I feel compelled to mention the shambling, decaying corpse of rock and roll. The mainstream dime-a-dozen groups sound, pretty much, identical. The talent of their singers and guitarists is entirely unremarkable. Gone are the days of clean guitar-work that spoke to you. It's all overdriven to noise, and they play the same three chords over, and over, and over again.

Oh yeah, and the American equivalent of pre-packaged Japanese pop idols. You know the type, pretty empty-headed young women without an original lyric rattling in their empty skulls, or a talent for singing hiding in their voiceboxes. Backed by unremarkable synth tracks and even more unremarkable pop-writing produced by committee. You could deport very nearly all of them to a nuclear test site in the middle of the Pacific and see a dramatic improvement in the modern music scene.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Urghh, what about Akon? He was around in the summer last year and one of his songs had this god-awful chimpmunk noise in it which drove me insane. Worse, my ex-girlfriend loved his album, and now every time I hear his songs it reminds me of her. :evil:
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Durandal wrote:
Ah yes, that one. Not to be offensive, but if a girl adopts that kind, no one should be surprised when she winds up the victim of sexual assault. It's one thing to dance with a guy for fun, but to blatantly tease him with no intention of giving him an inch is just fucking cruel.
Actually, listening to the lyrics of My Humps, I got the impression that he'd eventually get some ... I think. I don't know, I usually don't listen long enough.

But yeah, Holla Back Girl is the one where she just says "the Shit is bannanas" over and over again. It's drivel.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

you know one of my co-workers was bitching me out for loving "Old shit" last summer, and unlike the times when people were playing forbidden music, or something which actually had soul to it his music was utterly as dead as syth new age jazz or disco. It was something unclean. I think the conversation went kinda like this.

Him: you just like all those old bands.
Me: I have at least two CD's in here that were released in hte last five years. (Cash IV and Zevon: the wind), I have nick cave, rose tattoo, marlene dietrich, billie holliday, frank sinatra, metallica (S&M, MoP, BA), The Clash, The Sex Pistols, Nirvana unplugged, Beatles(white album, sgt pepper), Stones (The Singles), and boxes containing everything johnson, and leadbelly, as well as one or two Zepplin Albums and AC/DC albums. Which represents quite a range of music.
Him: That's all old, and shitty. Why don't you listen to something that's happening or new.
Me: Because like in the late 1970s with disco music today lacks soul.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Vympel wrote:Gwen Stefani- Holla Back Girl. Guh. Infuriating shit.

oh god the assholes at work played it insessently this year, and this winter...

GAH!!!!!

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Vympel wrote:
Durandal wrote:
Ah yes, that one. Not to be offensive, but if a girl adopts that kind, no one should be surprised when she winds up the victim of sexual assault. It's one thing to dance with a guy for fun, but to blatantly tease him with no intention of giving him an inch is just fucking cruel.
Actually, listening to the lyrics of My Humps, I got the impression that he'd eventually get some ... I think. I don't know, I usually don't listen long enough.
Nope basically she says a dude can dance next to her and buy her expensive shit but if he goes further "She gonna start some drama". How do i know? Because my brat of a wee sister won't play any other song. I'm away now to cleanse my frontal lobe with wire wool.

The current song getting on my tits is that fucking JCB bollocks. You dad is not fucking Bruce Lee and I don't give a flying fornication what the cunt drives you about in.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten