Help avoiding cliched plot: thoughts?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Help avoiding cliched plot: thoughts?

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Basically, I'm posting the gist of the plot of a story I'm working on - it's a moose rebellion one, but for the sake of simplicity, I've not referred to any of the participants as their real world counterparts. It's a comedy story for the most part, but I'm trying to make it a half decent and as non-cliched plot as possible.
plot wrote:Megabadguy influences current badguy to attack a good guy meeting to try and take out the high command.
Badguys defeated.
Badguy interrogated reveals hints of megabadguy (as yet unknown to goodguy) influence
Goodguys set trap – present image that high command were killed in battle, wait for megabadguys to send unit to investigate.
Track megabadguy probe.
Follow it with strike team.
Leads back to base in an unstable area. Can’t be struck at by long range missile or bombing attack.
Strike team infiltrate base.
Find an evil supervillain plotting a strike against good guy facilities across the world.
Get captured.
Evil supervillain reveals that he is actually just an actor, that really the megabadguys are a military just like the others, and that this was just a decoy to distract them.
Hero escapes, finds the technology at the heart of it – too late to prevent wider attack.
Finds way to destroy facility – prevents missile attack on goodguy main base.
Escapes barely and is rescued.
Goodguys use tech info to gain minor insight into enemies.
Story ends with main high command attack being lessened/averted, but megabadguy bases showing up on scanners with new tech and the future looking tricky.
I'm intending to play on a few of the evil overlord cliches and obviously this is just the absolute bare bones, but if something has been over done or the plot is unwittingly straight out of something else, I'd like to know. I'm trying not to hit too many of the cliches if I can avoid it. This really doesn't reflect the characters actual actions in all this, so don't read too much into that.

Any thoughts? I'm struggling on ways to actually destroy the base without it being a bit too Rambo'ish for the character, but at the same time, environmental requirements need limited or no outside help.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

No, I like it, seems pretty swauve to me. Though your main character should be fine destroying it in anywayso long as he doesn't shoot something with an arrow and blow up the facility. You mentioned an 'unstable area' perhaps you should do something with that (blowing out pylons that provide support for the base, if you get my drift).
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.