Pick's New Art Thread Again +V-day Celebration+

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:I think perhaps, for once, that double-post may have been intentional. :wink:
In any event, Pick, I really enjoy your sketches. They have a very vital quality to them. And the fact that your so good at them doesn't hurt.
Thank you very much!!

By the way, any of those hit you as good choices to finish up as finalized pictures? They seem tempting *pondering*.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Pick wrote:
Noble Ire wrote:I think perhaps, for once, that double-post may have been intentional. :wink:
In any event, Pick, I really enjoy your sketches. They have a very vital quality to them. And the fact that your so good at them doesn't hurt.
Thank you very much!!

By the way, any of those hit you as good choices to finish up as finalized pictures? They seem tempting *pondering*.
Well, the very first would be my choice. I love the expression on his face.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

I know this is Picks Art thread, but I felt compeled to post this here in hounor of her wonderful talent...

Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Those anatomy sketches are killer, Pick. :)
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

And now, for shits and giggles,

(the one of Hoquer... colored! wheee)

Botched Silver

Opencanvas 4 Plus

God damn, something about the resized version just is absolutely pissing me off.....

Bah, enjoy a background while I work it out :x
Last edited by Pick on 2006-01-22 11:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Awww, thank you, Crossroads :lol: :luv:

I must admit, I had too much fun doing those sketches. Bad me! :wink:
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Looks like he just took a swim in an oil slick...
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Kuja wrote:Looks like he just took a swim in an oil slick...

That is because I am horribly horribly addicted to shiney things :D
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

It;s a nice background, broken up by weapons fire and filled with coagulating puddles of soldiers caught in the crossfire.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Two more sketches from school today. Yes, Ryvara's boots are terribly oversized (I thought it was cute!) No, Verdigris and Umber aren't that friendly (and will they ever be?... I don't know. It just made for a fun picture. Ha ha, Edge is pissed off :P)

Mechnical pencil.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Two more sketches from school today. Yes, Ryvara's boots are terribly oversized (I thought it was cute!)
I like them (although one wonders how she would walk around.) :wink:

And I don't think it ever dawned on me before how huge Umber's feet are. Very good.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote: And I don't think it ever dawned on me before how huge Umber's feet are. Very good.
Umber's huge in general :). Azzarn growth follows a generally logistic curve, so he's never completely stopped growing....

He would actually be a teensy bit taller if he ate better/more, too, but he hasn't for a considerably long while. And yes, his feet are fucking enormous :lol:. That picture's even a tad strange for scale, though, because Verdigris is Zaa, and hence naturally on a larger scale than most people (despite Shader thinking she was a bit short --that was just because he assumed she was about 20 times older than she actually is :lol:.)

I basically only drew that though when laughing to myself about why Edge wouldn't want her and Umber associating with one another. It's completely off the mark, but still funny :).
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:Umber's huge in general :).
No wonder he's getting a hug. :P

Seriously though, good stuff, even though angry Edge's hands make him look like he's from South Park. :wink:
JADAFETWA
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Wonderful Artwork as always Pick!

On the bottom pic, I'm not to sure that Umber has huge feet so much as huge claws ;) I don't suppose you have given real thought to how walking on those would actually work? Speaking anatomically, it looks like the upper part rsembles A camel toe/foot. Is that how they would function?

And on the Upper one... When I first looked at it, looking at the odd, perplexed look on Ryvaras face, I had this made urge to subtitle the pick with "Behold My Armpit!!!"
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Crossroads Inc. wrote: And on the Upper one... When I first looked at it, looking at the odd, perplexed look on Ryvaras face, I had this made urge to subtitle the pick with "Behold My Armpit!!!"
Brilliant!

Also, the second one was just blatantly amusing. Funny chibi-Edge is back, and he's looking petty and angry. Umber>Edge. :D *coughs* Anyway, excellent work, and as sketches I couldn't find fault with them; or fault at all incidentally . . . errr, what's a 'mechanical pencil'?
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Seriously though, good stuff, even though angry Edge's hands make him look like he's from South Park. Wink
South Park hands work so well for chibis though! :o They're super fast to draw, cute, and... well, they're cute :lol:. Chibis are deceptively hard to draw, so I use some shortcuts.
On the bottom pic, I'm not to sure that Umber has huge feet so much as huge claws. I don't suppose you have given real thought to how walking on those would actually work? Speaking anatomically, it looks like the upper part rsembles A camel toe/foot. Is that how they would function?
The second question helps answer the former. Despite looking very much like a camel's foot (and that actually being the basis for the original redesign of Umber's feet) it does not operate in the same way. Umber's claws can still move, just like a toe that cannot be felt. When he walks, he has to raise his claws a bit and walk on what is essentially the ball of his foot (if you'eve ever been on stilts, you'd see that having a smaller surface area in contact with the ground isn't as big of a problem when in motion.) When he is standing still, his claws rest on the ground.

When Umber was younger, he didn't have the long claws and walking was easier (his walk cycle was very similar to the camel example at that time.) Unfortunately, as is very clear from, for instance, Zixer's state, traits are not always physically helpful. :)
errr, what's a 'mechanical pencil'?

God.

------------------------------

Sketches!

Blue mechanical pencil/regular mechanical pencil. It's a random outfit. She's probably bitching at someone for being too extravagent. Probably Kesyl :P.

Awwwwww.... :P

A concept sketch for a painting I plan to give to my school.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Pick, Lovely, Where can I get a cudily CatBoy to curl up Purrring at my feet? Hounest, I'd pay lots!!!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Pick, Lovely, Where can I get a cudily CatBoy to curl up Purrring at my feet? Hounest, I'd pay lots!!!
I'll give you a hint: probably not Syvoria. :lol:
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Are you sure? Even if I ask reeeeal nice? I mean, can't he share a little?
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Blue mechanical pencil/regular mechanical pencil. It's a random outfit. She's probably bitching at someone for being too extravagent.
They make these "pen-cils" you speak of in blue? Remarkable!
:P

On that note, though, I really do like Hyral's horns, quite different.

Is the cat-like... male, I guess...( :P ) a named character? I don't recognize him.
The Rift
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:P

Sorry, she didn't get to the detail stages before class ran out. If I'd had more time, I'd have been able to finish her outfit and she'd have been more recognizeable (in the original picture.)
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Y..You mean thats a CatGirl I was oogeling? Not a CatBoy?! I.. I feel so dirty!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

:lol:

Point taken.
Damn, you've reminded me of the SDN webcomic idea. :wink:
The Rift
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

That picture of Ryvera kicks ass.

And speaking for myself, I've never had a problem seeing Desunius as feminine. But then, I've associated with women who're beefier than she is (in appearance, I don't know about in effect :wink: ) so take that as you will. And that third panel makes me crack up every time I look at it.

And they're wolf ears, dammit! I don't care if Pick herself corrects me, I'll always see Desunius as an asskicking wolfwoman, not some prissy catgirl! :P
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thank you, Kuja! :luv:
Kuja wrote:And they're wolf ears, dammit! I don't care if Pick herself corrects me, I'll always see Desunius as an asskicking wolfwoman, not some prissy catgirl! :P
Seeing as neither wolves nor cats exist in the Dark Councilors universe, you can easily associate them with whatever critter you like :D.