Best Star Wars fanart ever?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Best Star Wars fanart ever?

Post by Edward Yee »

I give you... Death Star-tan! (From the end of this thread.)
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

It may be old, but I have never seen it before, it which case I proclaim it Über Awsome Nifty!
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Wow, that's just awesome. :D
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

That's not DS-tan. It's not chibi enough. It's just Darth Vader wishing he was Unicron.
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

Actually, I'd have to suggest that this may be the coolest piece of Star Wars fan art ever.
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Sigged? :D
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

... but... I'm not quite sure what's going on... :shock:

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

actually that looks like the lucas online store/hasbro's line of Starwars transformers....

we have slaveI/Fett, Deathstar/Vader, and Jedi fighter/Anicin Skywalker available from lucas online.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

my mistake

Decepticon vader is actually a TIE Advanced mk 1 in diguise. I'm guessing mr. Unlimited POWER!!!! is the DS-1 in disguise. so far no word on the autobot that transforms from a humble landspeeder into luke, or the Xwing, or the Falcon but there are 6 official Transformers/Starwars toys now.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Actually, Han and Chewbacca have been announced as a Falcon gestalt.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Sriad wrote:Actually, I'd have to suggest that this may be the coolest piece of Star Wars fan art ever.
Just checking, but is that parodying the war of the worlds artwork or were they both parodying something that had gone before?
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

It's a modification of an artwork by Salvador Dali.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:It's a modification of an artwork by Salvador Dali.
You know the piece to which I was referring though, I assume? The painter must have been a Dali fan.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

El Moose Monstero wrote:
Sriad wrote:Actually, I'd have to suggest that this may be the coolest piece of Star Wars fan art ever.
Just checking, but is that parodying the war of the worlds artwork or were they both parodying something that had gone before?
It is a parody of the picture at the top of this Dali mixture :)

Here's a detail view

If I knew the name of that painting I might find a better image .... but this should suffice for now.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

It's called The Temptation Of Saint Anthony, from 1946.

http://dali.uffs.net/galerie/pictures/1 ... ony_01.jpg

And for the record, it isn't a painting but a photoshop job. They drew in the lightsabre over the cross and stretched the walkers over the horse and elephants.
felineki
Infantile Brat

Post by felineki »

I'm wondering why the hell Uber-DarthStarTron needs a giant lightsaber when he's already got the freakin' DS superlaser in the middle of his chest... Maybe it's for if he needs to attack between shots (how long does it take the DS to "recharge" between shots? I can't recall offhand...)
Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

Post by Sonnenburg »

The trench ending with an exhaust port must have been the robot's.... ew.
Chuck

Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Jebus, and they're actually sold? :wtf: Wow.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Zaphockinell!? :wtf:
Image Image
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

I find it curious that Boba Fett is using Jango's pistols....
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

The reason these some appaling is because the manufactures commited one of the worst mistakes of all Transformers toys.. Focusing solely on the "Vehicle Mode" of the toy, sacrificing anything nice about the "body" mode.

Really, look at most of them, when they turn into "Body" mode, the vehical parts just kinda hang off of them, like they where glued on in a tack fasion.

Only Vader and Maul look decent at all, and even Maul is lacking in body Mode. Vader is bar far the best becaues, unlike the others, his vehical mode becomes part of his body. One side of the TIE panels turn into "wings" on his back, while the other becomes a "shield" Which looks rather nice on him.

The true sign of a perfect transformer is that, in body mode, it should be hard to tell what its vehical mode is. Think about that when you look at the above.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Re: Best Star Wars fanart ever?

Post by Wyrm »

Edward Yee wrote:I give you... Death Star-tan! (From the end of this thread.)
*Hums GoBots theme*

Dundadadundadadundadadunn, the GO~Bots, the GO~Bots!

/me dodges hail of rotten tomatoes.

Sorry about that. As for DS-"tan", someone should turn Death Star (Decepticon) into a SW/Transformers cross. Either as a fusion...

HAN: I might not look like much, but I got it where it counts! (*BUZZ-CRUNCH* as Han transforms into the Millenium Falcon)

...or a crossover...

PALPY: Now you shall witness the full power of this fully armed, operational, and modular battlestation! (flicks on comm panel) Transform at will, commander!

(Out in space, the Death Star transforms from Sphere to Robot mode)

DEATH STAR (Orson Wells): I... am DEATH STAR! Your Emperor has given me new life. Now, I shall give you... DEATH!! (Ignites superlightsaber)

LANDO: Oh... *BEEEP*
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

"I once considered sparing your puny planet Alderann. And now you shall witness its dismemberment!"

Horribly paraphrased, but Wyrm reminded me.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

Elheru Aran wrote:I find it curious that Boba Fett is using Jango's pistols....
Thank god I wasn't the only one who noticed that.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]