Pick's New Art Thread Again +V-day Celebration+

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

*Chortle* Funny comic, but I honestly don't believe that Desunius looks that masculine at all. "Look like a man" indeed. Are you all blind?!
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

My hand is one FIRE! *twitch*.... *twitch*....

Opencanvas 4 Plus + Too much goddamn time.
Lineart in... pen.

Basal Key Zixer.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

The background . . . the background! It, it, it, wow.
What is Project Zohar?

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

The naked guy . . . the nakedguy!!! ((drooools))
Pick, If your art ever became posters I'd buy a room full of them ;)
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Oh my god I want a poster of this. Pick open a shop :) :shock:
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Ford Prefect wrote:The background . . . the background! It, it, it, wow.
Indeed, Pick's backgrounds are quite amazing.

Though, Zixer doesn't seem the type. :wink:
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Holy CRAP that's beautiful! :shock:
JADAFETWA
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

I wonder if I would get in trouble with the Mods if I cropped his Butt and used it as an Avatar ;) :lol:
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:I wonder if I would get in trouble with the Mods if I cropped his Butt and used it as an Avatar ;) :lol:
:lol: This reminds me, anyone's free to make/use avatars from my art as long as if anyone asks who made it, you are honest.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

That last image actually alieviates some possible issues I had with one of my commissions I asked you about.

Looks great, too. Love the colouring. :)
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

Great art as always. And no, that pencil you're using is not god, these are gods:
ImageImage
(Papermate Ph.D. series .5 multi and .5 pencil)
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Actually, I don't use the pencil I linked to. I use a random Japanese brand that comes pre-stocked with blue lead. They're really nice drawing pencils, but at the same time, phenominally cheap :). I could probably get better ones, but I'm rather short on money.

-------------

Sketches first this time:

(Zixer, Kamina, Hoquer)
Mostly because I was laughing. Again.

An actual OMG picture of Darius.

Ryvara

Really random silly stuff (top: Hoquer and Zixer /middle: Shader /bottom: Verdigris)

Playing around with digital screen tones (not as good as normal but waaay cheaper.)

And a real treat for anyone who reads my story!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Oh, I like the slit-shimmer effect of that screen tone image... :)
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Honestly Pick, the Manga-esque short was professional quality. Phenomenal. And a great scene, by the way. :)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I agree with the Arbiter. It is off exceptionally high quality. Like everything else.
What is Project Zohar?

The Silence and I
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Silence and I »

I've been keenly following these threads in silence, but I have to speak up. I realize you do not intend to make a living off of this talent, and I know you have been told many times that you could anyway, but I have to be another voice in the crowd here and agree with what has been said; you are nothing short of professional quality as far as my untrained eyes can tell.

Like Noble Ire said, that scene looks like it came straight from one of the better quality mangas. No joke. :wink:
"Do not worry, I have prepared something for just such an emergency."

"You're prepared for a giant monster made entirely of nulls stomping around Mainframe?!"

"That is correct!"

"How do you plan for that?"

"Uh... lucky guess?"
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Verdigris in that pose is truly yowl-worthy. And I like that shot of Umber in the doujin page. :D
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thanks again, everybody!! Especially you, Silence, because I do appreciate comments from watchers who I don't otherwise know are there :).

Doind the gag page reminded me of my original intent for DC --it was going to be comic. Then I realized that it would really take much too long to progress the story so... now they're just special treats :P. The chapter about how Edge got his bands, however, will probably be done in comic, because it's my favorite part of the whole story, hands-down.

------------

Now!

Edge in minor worm's eye view.

Don't expect this scene to actually show up. I draw randomness!

Welcome back, Gambling King!
Setzer and the Lagomorph! (he summons one every time his special move fails. It heals some HP and status ailments.) Both belong to Squaresoft.

I might color this, but there's also a good chance I'd diiiie first.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Hooray! it's Setzer! That guy kicks ass. Also, that picture with Edge grasping at Umber, it seems as though Edge is either a) Going crazy or b) loosing control of the situation, and he's going to ask for help. Umber of course looks stunned that this even possible. I love it. :D
What is Project Zohar?

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I love the detail on that last one. Aces, Pick. :)
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

YEEEEHAAA, Setzer! That pic is awesome!

And that pic of Edge and Umber definately makes Edge look like he's coming unbalanced. :)
JADAFETWA
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

Wow. That Setzer looks so much better than what they've got going on in Kingdom Hearts 2. Surprisingly less effeminent, too. :D

Keep up the good work!
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

The comic style is very nice, the style reminds me a lot of the sort of 50's black and white stylised comic stuff - a sort of east meets west vibe. Everything else is also excellent as always, like the worm-eye perspective and the positions are also very well done.

BTW Pick, same situation again with the PM's - don't know whether you just haven't had a chance to look at it or something is up with my or your PM delivery notice thing - but I have replied.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:Hooray! it's Setzer! That guy kicks ass. Also, that picture with Edge grasping at Umber, it seems as though Edge is either a) Going crazy or b) loosing control of the situation, and he's going to ask for help. Umber of course looks stunned that this even possible. I love it. :D
"That this is even possible"? .... now, now.... People are forgetting my old art.

What? Every girl is entitled to one character like this :P.

I wanted to practice some more cel-shading (since I'm considering how to color Setzer.) Opencanvas 4 Plus. Judging by his feet and hair this is younger chronologically than, for instance, the Syvorian Winters picture :D.

Yes, you're going to find a lot of pictures can be located in time by how the characters look. For instance, the picture of Edge with the dun-colored pants (come on, the one with the crazy orange background) would be earlier than present, because of the outfit. The Alder doll is older Alder because he has fluff on his back, etc. etc. :D

I would have responded sooner, everybody, but I couldn't access the forums :oops: Thanks again for all your comments, and I'm really glad you liked how the comic page turned out!
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Oh my god that is so pretty.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |