Pick's New Art Thread Again +V-day Celebration+

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Ace Pace wrote:Oh my god that is so pretty.
Incredibly. Really, a bit of context, and that's going right on a card. :)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

I have to say, your lovely sexy peeps must REALLY be able to handle cold well ;)
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote: "That this is even possible"?
I get th feeling that if there was an internal monologue for that picture, it would be something along the lines of "Impossible! Argus would never ask me for help!" if you catch my meaning. However, if i catch your hint, this appears to be a younger Edge (he does have less eye about his person).

Beautiful new picture too. The contrast between the clothes and the landscape really does it for me.

And Crossroads, in that way they're just like hobbits. Tough feet and all that.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Oh, I definitely see the problem, Crossroads. I should definitely put as much clothes on them as possible. Riiight? .........Noooo? Then okay :P.

Actually, there's a good reason why he can endure cold weather. Besides, doesn't he look good around snow? Poor guy. He needs to get out more :P.

-----------------

I'm spoiling you guys today. Consider it a thank-you :luv: :wink:.

Setzer in Vector (the town), FF6, Opencanvas 4.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Double-plus Good, Pick! :)

Although I would have personally made the jacket dark blue. Unless it's supposed to be black, since I'm actually unfamiliar with the character, so nevermind...
Last edited by Spanky The Dolphin on 2006-02-05 08:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Man, I wish I had clothes that were half as cool as that getup.
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Hot damn! That is really great work. You have inspired me to focus on anatomy!
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

Pick wrote:I'm spoiling you guys today. Consider it a thank-you Heart Throb Wink.
So does this mean you're almost ready to post an update to the story?

Oh, and damn, I wish I had just half the drawing ability that you have.
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Braedley wrote:
Pick wrote:I'm spoiling you guys today. Consider it a thank-you Heart Throb Wink.
So does this mean you're almost ready to post an update to the story?
:wink: Tomorrow. I only have one more page to go for this update. Yes, I've been awfully lazy on this update :oops:.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

An incredibly obscure character. Don't wait for him to show up in the story, there's a good chance he won't even be mentioned. Yes, as much crap as I write about in DC, I am cutting it down, thankyousomuch :P.

Unlike Edge who is "crazy", Winter actually has the real-crazies.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Horns seems al ittle odd; are they different shapes?
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:Horns seems al ittle odd; are they different shapes?
Right above the ear isn't a horn, it's a little bit of decorative poof. Winter=well off. Er. In some respects :lol:.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

He looks... interesting. :wink:
The "belt" style does seem to be quite popular in DC, though (I seem to recall some variation of it of it on several characters). Very distinctive.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:He looks... interesting. :wink:
The "belt" style does seem to be quite popular in DC, though (I seem to recall some variation of it of it on several characters). Very distinctive.
:) Only because it's fun to draw. Like, really fun to draw. Like... really fun to draw :lol:.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

He dose seem to have a slight "Belt Fetish" there Pick ;) or maybe thats you?

But outstanding work, really amazing. Despite the fact your people regular have claws, horns, spikes, and things growing out of them, I have yet to see one that isn't drop dead Sex-iah!!!
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:He dose seem to have a slight "Belt Fetish" there Pick ;) or maybe thats you?
It is both "me" and the general impression that black mages have to wear cool dark gothy outfits. :)
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

Nooooiiiiiicceeeee Setzer, there. How much money will you take for the original? :D
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Erik von Nein wrote:Nooooiiiiiicceeeee Setzer, there. How much money will you take for the original? :D
I'm afraid the original is only an inking on three-punch computer paper :oops:. It's not really too impressive. I did, however, color this at about twice this size, so hypothetically I could give people high-quality versions if they wanted to make prints (I couldn't do it myself for Setzer since he's copyrighted by Square, but I could do it myself for DC people.)

------------------

:) People who read the story know this scene. Their feet are wrong because I ran out of paper space for Hoquer :oops:.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I've been wondering what Kamina looked like, although it seems my mental image is fairly close to reality...

Oh, you've probably answered this before, but how many Bassal Keys are there in total? You seem to have mentioned at least half a dozen.
The Rift
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

And once more I am reminded why, despite your peeps having spikes, horns, claws, and things poking out of them, they are still drop dead gorgeous. Half to say, considering your recent pics, He actually looks a bit more "beefy" then the others... I like it ;)
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:I've been wondering what Kamina looked like, although it seems my mental image is fairly close to reality...

Oh, you've probably answered this before, but how many Bassal Keys are there in total? You seem to have mentioned at least half a dozen.
:wink: Actually, there's four Basal Keys The trouble is, though, that Llanlleians are obsessive when it comes to exactly how they refer to their fellows. Zixer only refers to the other Basal Keys by their surnames (Imatra, Sorloren, etc.) whereas Kamina (unless she is around Zixer, who prefers professionalism and whom she does not wish to offend) will use first names (Hoquer, Bemia, Zixer.) Hoquer is the only person who will refer to the Monarch, Selia, by her first name (or refer to her gender in any context.) They also, as you probably noticed, have a real penchant for nicknames (both for their own kind and for Syvorians of note.)

The Basal Keys are:
Hoquer Imatra
Bemia Ailokeu
Kamina Sorloren
Zixer Delahour

Coincidentally, that is also organized by their respective ages from oldest to youngest. :)

Selia doesn't-have-a-last-name-yet was a Basal Key before becoming the Monarch.
Crossroads wrote: And once more I am reminded why, despite your peeps having spikes, horns, claws, and things poking out of them, they are still drop dead gorgeous. Half to say, considering your recent pics, He actually looks a bit more "beefy" then the others... I like it Wink
:P they ought to be beautiful! As long as I'm going to draw them all day long they might as well be pretty. As for Hoquer, yes. He is the most manly of them, but Zixer is actually fairly discernably male (I need to draw him more.) You're going to find that generally the Llanlleians have beefy men and more lithe girls, where Syvoria is the opposite. :lol:
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

OMFG it's Setzer! *glomps*
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

All that last picture needs is the little shreds of paper wafting to the floor and a bug-eyed Zixer in the background. :wink:
JADAFETWA
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Kuja wrote:All that last picture needs is the little shreds of paper wafting to the floor and a bug-eyed Zixer in the background. :wink:
No-eyed Zixer, you mean. :wink:
The Rift
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Noble Ire wrote:
Kuja wrote:All that last picture needs is the little shreds of paper wafting to the floor and a bug-eyed Zixer in the background. :wink:
No-eyed Zixer, you mean. :wink:
Bah. Details. :P
JADAFETWA