Trek Ship (Mk. II)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Jon
Jedi Council Member

Trek Ship (Mk. II)

Post by Jon »

Posted about this a few months ago when I started work on it, well... pretty much finished now aside from some minor details and just wondered what people think of it in this form. Do you hink it conveys the right lineage while looking new or is it too normal and boring or whatever?

It's supposed to be a brand new ship as of around the year 2400, descending in design from the Prometheus/Intrepid and Sovereign class styles.

As well as the external views below, I made this 'LCARS2' MSD style display for it too, which you can see here. That new look LCARS is inspired by Mike Okuda's new designs for Star Trek: Online, just gives a basic idea of the deck distribution inside the ship. I guess this would be considered something in the middle of the Nova/Intrepid classes, a pretty standard all rounder.

At the moment, I'm playing around with 3DS and trying to render this to some extent in 3D so I can set it in a scene. I'm no the worlds best 3D Modelor but I think it might turn out nicely.

I'm now drawing up some concepts for another ship, thinking of doing an alien ship of my own, perhaps a Klingon or Romulan warship, something big. I want to try and create something powerful, without it being wanky... any ideas?
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

It looks a lot like the USS Titan. Very Starfleet-ish.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
AK_Jedi
Padawan Learner

Post by AK_Jedi »

Is that supposed to be the relative size of a galaxy? If so, your scale is really off.

Other than that, it looks really good. I've always liked the look of the recent trek designs.
Why does he keep looking at you in the same way a starving man looks at a packet of peanuts?
It's because he can't wait to get the wrapper off and taste the salty goodness! --Kryten, Red Dwarf

Understanding is a very loaded word. --Dr. Paul
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Sweet. This is really better than most of the Startrek fanart i see here. Good Job. :)

Passes Jon a Keiths

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Jon
Jedi Council Member

Post by Jon »

AK_Jedi wrote:Is that supposed to be the relative size of a galaxy? If so, your scale is really off.
Hmm, personally I feel it is right on. If you were to overlay an Intrepid MSD with my MSD, and match the deck heights up, you would see that the scale of my ship matches the Intrepid as shown in the silhouettes, and the Intrepid silhouette is to scale with the Galaxy silhouettes since those images came from the Titan contest guidelines for size... what makes you say the scale is 'reallly off'?
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

AK_Jedi wrote:Is that supposed to be the relative size of a galaxy? If so, your scale is really off.

Other than that, it looks really good. I've always liked the look of the recent trek designs.
Ummm looks pretty damn close to me.

http://www.merzo.net/index.html

You can drag and drop ships next to each other.
Milites Astrum Exterminans
AK_Jedi
Padawan Learner

Post by AK_Jedi »

whoops, I didn't see the ship to the far left. I thought the main picture was in scale with the sillouttes. sorry. :oops:
Why does he keep looking at you in the same way a starving man looks at a packet of peanuts?
It's because he can't wait to get the wrapper off and taste the salty goodness! --Kryten, Red Dwarf

Understanding is a very loaded word. --Dr. Paul