Pick's New Art Thread Again +V-day Celebration+

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Alder gets all the experimental coloring :P

For anyone unfamiliar with the story, I want to emphasize that neither this picture or any of the other pictures are correlated to sexual content. Sorry, I just try to make these things clear juuust in case. :lol:.

And, okay people: if you want to see a DC character/scene/couple of characters drawn, just tell me in the thread or PM me. I may not do it, but I do like input. Thanks! :luv:

I did a "normal Llanlleian" for Ire, and now I'm forgetting if I uploaded it at all... hmm...
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I really like the Hoquer character design, especially his "T" facial markings. Very dignified.
I did a "normal Llanlleian" for Ire, and now I'm forgetting if I uploaded it at all... hmm...
W00t. :wink:
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Whoa, that oil slick like effect that Alder's got is awesome. Trippy, but not in a bad way.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Pick wrote:For anyone unfamiliar with the story, I want to emphasize that neither this picture or any of the other pictures are correlated to sexual content. Sorry, I just try to make these things clear juuust in case. :lol:.
And yet, he still looks so wonderfully Kinky!
Kudos to you Pick! Your coloring and style gets better each image I see from you :)
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thanks, Ire! I really like drawing him, actually :lol:. That's why you guys get a bit more Hoquer than is probably fair balance.... :wink:
Ford Prefect wrote:Whoa, that oil slick like effect that Alder's got is awesome. Trippy, but not in a bad way.
Thank you! His skin actually does that normally, but what a bitch to color :x! I've spent quite a while learning how to get the effect even half-decently. I'm glad it's appreciated! :luv:

Crossroads -- *sigh* :).

----------------------------------

And now for all you people with a reaction to Monarch Selia...

I offer you opportunity without corruption;
I offer you guidance without redemption.

The shoulder-spans are not organic, she just looked kind of small next to Hoquer without them (which she is, but come on! the Monarch must be regal!)
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

OMG!
OMG!
OMG!

Pick! You wonderfull Goddess of Bishy Goodness!!!
I so, SO SO! Want to be cuddeling him like that!! *Squeeeeee*
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Now, she (or it) is impressive. I can definantely see her as the ruler of an authoritarian, "good" place like Llanlleia. A great combonation of both streotypically benevolent and evil looks.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:lol: Aaah, people are so hard on Selia!... but yes, she is a talented ruler, really. The country has done very well in her hands. :)

The sketch of Bemia is crap, but I don't have any other pictures of her in full!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Pick wrote: The sketch of Bemia is crap, but I don't have any other pictures of her in full!
Impossible! Nothing you draw can be described as such!
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Pick, I've noticed that all your drawings you post here are all full body shots of the characters at the same scale, face on, and of largely the same composition. You might do well to try some more challenging perspectives and poses your picture plane.

That said, I love the last full colored image. You're really talented with keeping everything nice and crisp (while the background is creamy and out of focus) and you've got a really good eye for color. Fantastic. :)
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Gil Hamilton wrote:Pick, I've noticed that all your drawings you post here are all full body shots of the characters at the same scale, face on, and of largely the same composition. You might do well to try some more challenging perspectives and poses your picture plane.
:wink: I know this is true, but I've got to have full-body pictures of all the characters before I play around with anything more experimental --otherwise people wouldn't even know who it was. Heck, the sketch I just posted is the first one of Bemia people have ever seen! :o
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

On the Monarch: Now that's a leader.

On Desunius and Bemina: That's probably my favourite sketch of Desunius so far; the shorter hair suits her, as does this semi-reflective, post-combat pose. Bemina on the other hand is pretty damn cute.
What is Project Zohar?

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Pick wrote::wink: I know this is true, but I've got to have full-body pictures of all the characters before I play around with anything more experimental --otherwise people wouldn't even know who it was. Heck, the sketch I just posted is the first one of Bemia people have ever seen! :o
Nah, you can do Interesting Perspective Stuff and still make recognizeable characters, that's just a matter of composition and making sure you include whatever defining features you use to tell these cats apart (something I find is an inherent problem with bishies in all manga... the bastards have a tendancy to look like the same dude-chick with a different haircut). They kind of look like they are just standing there and are stiffly there.

For instance, an interesting choice (IMHO) for the last color drawing could be to give it a more profile and slightly worms view with regards to the dark haired bro there. Give his posture more of a slump, with his head down and his hair not to prefectly swept back and neat (I know, anime, but still) so it drapes over his face. I read the drawing you have as buster boy done fucked up and his mistress is giving him absolution and comfort. Giving it a slightly lower perspective would make the white haired chick a bit more noblity and sense of power, while the profile slump of the dark haired dude would bring him down. Plus, I think it would visually make them closer. Right now, the straight on flatness of the characters kind of makes their relationship in space kind of blah. They can be tightened up to give it more visual unity which in turn hightens the emotion of the whole thing. Plus it would help eliminate the dead negative space above them.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Question on the latest one. Are those notations in brush? Specifically, Chinese brush?
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Pick wrote::lol: Aaah, people are so hard on Selia!... but yes, she is a talented ruler, really. The country has done very well in her hands. :)!
I feel so terribly.. The mark of an excellant Bishonen is that you can't tell it apart from a women... But, the mark of a Good Bishy Fanboy is that you SHOULD Be able to tell 'real' ladies from Bishies... Alas, I have failed
(hangs head in shame)
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Crossroads: I don't blame you :P. I mean, most of my men and women aren't really visibly discernable. Therefore, there's a few rules of thumb:

If their name ends in "er" they are male, with the singular exception of Fvier. This applies to both Good and Evil characters.
If their name ends in "ia" or just "a" and they are Good, they are female.

Other than that:
Male: Edge, Nyanpeen, Darius
Female: Verdigris, Desunius, Kesyl, Hyral, Karlor

What actually makes me laugh is:
1. This picture isn't romantic anyway.
2. It's not like every one of my characters is completely straight, but you are going to have to wait for their relationships to develop just like anyone else's :wink:.

:P Hang in there!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Have some cute!

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Cute. :wink:

Is that Alder's sister at the bottom?
The Rift
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:Cute. :wink:

Is that Alder's sister at the bottom?
Er, the top one of the bottom picture is Alder's sister, that is.

The other one is Caia. Just to be clearer :wink:!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Aww Pick, Awwwww! That top pic,
its cute, its not just Cute its "Kyoot!"
Its just.. I want to Glomp him so much!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Aww Pick, Awwwww! That top pic,
its cute, its not just Cute its "Kyoot!"
Its just.. I want to Glomp him so much!
Edge? See, that's the thing! :o I can't seem to convince anyone that Edge really, really is a nice guy! Poor Edge. Gods. Kidnap a few kids and suddenly you're an antagonist or something!

And I think I need some pictures of Zixer snuggling kittens or it'll be an uphill battle forever with him!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Wonderful.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

That first pic is just too cute for words.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Ace Pace wrote:That first pic is just too cute for words.
Indeed; though in the end, it's still Edge, and he still murdered Herelia.
What is Project Zohar?

Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

Ford Prefect wrote:
Ace Pace wrote:That first pic is just too cute for words.
Indeed; though in the end, it's still Edge, and he still murdered Herelia.
No-one cares about that though (though I must say I was probably just as shocked when he did it as the other three were).
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"